Manchester City

mrbojangles

Only a few hours until all eyes will be on the Etihad. Huge match with implications for every contender. Should Leicester take three points the gauntlet will have definitely been thrown down. Every club will be chasing, with City and Arsenal in the CL, and Spurs in the Europa. ohmy.png

Yes as a West Ham fan I'm looking for a draw as so we can continue or title challenge.

Only a few hours until all eyes will be on the Etihad. Huge match with implications for every contender. Should Leicester take three points the gauntlet will have definitely been thrown down. Every club will be chasing, with City and Arsenal in the CL, and Spurs in the Europa. ohmy.png

Not a full on fan but have followed City from the days of Francis Lee and Colin Bell. Too early to rule out United. Always seem to have a good finish. That said Leicester seem to be consistently good.

It is ridiculous of the FA this.

Furious Manchester City believe quadruple bid is impossible after FA force them to play Chelsea on the Sunday before Kiev

Man City have complained to the FA after their FA Cup fifth round tie was confirmed for Sunday February 21

Manchester City believe the FA are making it impossible for them to continue their challenge for an unprecedented quadruple.

Manuel Pellegrini’s side have been told they must play their FA Cup fifth round tie with Chelsea on Sunday February 21 - despite traveling to Kiev following day in the Champions League.

City have written to English football’s governing body to complain about the scheduling - claiming they will have no choice but to field a weakened team at Stamford Bridge.

They believe they are being punished as they continue their bid for four trophies and wanted the tie to be brought forward by 24 hours.

With Chelsea’s neighbours Fulham also playing on the Saturday, the Cup clash has been pushed back.

It has set up an exhausting schedule for City, who face Liverpool a week later in the Capital One Cup final at Wembley.

In a letter to the FA they state that they are the only English club to be competing on all four fronts.

They insist they are as proud to compete in domestic competitions as UEFA tournaments, which has been proven by their team selections.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/furious-manchester-city-believe-quadruple-10849790

CITY:

Hart,

Zabaleta, Otamendi, Demichelis, Kolarov;

Fernandinho, Toure; Delph

Silva, Sterling,

Aguero.

Subs:

Caballero,

Clichy, Sagna,

Fernando, Garcia, Celina,

Iheanacho,

Based on the fullbacks, Pellegrini not worrying about Leicester's speedy forwards.

Depleted squad = 3 kids on the bench again.

Frustrating again. Another poor start. Couldn't have gone any better for Leicester who are playing their perfect game (they are really competing and winning every 2nd ball)...once again we haven't got going. Nothing on the bench to bring except Nacho...expect him on. Of our front 6 only happy with Silva...Pellegrini needs to reshape that team. Not looking good is it.

Jeez, what are they going to do to our suspect defence next week, seeing what they've dome to your suspect defence!

Could be a virtual annointing at The Emirates next week!?

How did we manage to put 5 past them at their gaff earlier in the season? Someone in the coaching staff needs to get those tapes out and put in some serious analysis.

Edited by SantiSuk

Jeez, what are they going to do to our suspect defence next week, seeing what they've dome to your suspect defence!

Could be a virtual annointing at The Emirates next week!?

How did we manage to put 5 past them at their gaff earlier in the season? Someone in the coaching staff needs to get those tapes out and put in some serious analysis.

...our suspect team (jekyll and hyde).

Think we can all see why the management have gone for Pep.

Have to say, Leicester look champions elect...

• Like 1

Well done Leicester. They really wanted that more than us. Bladdy good team and well organised.

So well drilled and confident. Clearly the squad has completely bought in to Ranieri's approach. Fun to watch but not tonight.

Well done Leicester. They really wanted that more than us. Bladdy good team and well organised.

They remind me of Forest under Cloughie.

No real superstars at the beginning of the season, but they play well as a unit, pace out wide and they fight for everything.

Put us to shame today. Nothing positive to say about City. We were cr@p.

Leicester executed their plan perfectly. They laid into Sergio early, kept him quiet. I am amazed that their lad Morgan hadnt been booked all seasonblink.png . I think his first 3 tackles on Kun were bookable offences.

In reality Leicester won the game in a canter.

Demichelis and Kolarov in the same team= suicide against a pacy team

Yes as a West Ham fan I'm looking for a draw as so we can continue or title challenge.

:o:o:o:D

Do you think that Guardiola has a get clause in case you don't qualify for the Champions league ?

Yeah, I "think that Guardiola has a get clause" ;-)

if he does indeed have a get out clause that just gives me another reason to feel he's rather unproven, a bit fake. If he were standing on stage accepting an award the list of people he'd have to thank for his success would be endless.

Could he have revolutionized Spurs the Pochettino has in eighteen months i very much doubt. He wouldn't have done what Ranieri's done at Leicester because he simply wouldn't have had the bottle to take such a job on in the first place.

Harsh many of you might say but i feel entirely fair.

what interests me about Guardiola is his contradictions in his appreciation of others yet his total unwillingness to follow suit. He once said quite noticeably that he thought Marcelo Bielsa, Pochettino's mentor, was the best manager in the world. Bielsa managed Newhams Old Boys and took a group of unproven youngsters, buoyed by some experienced players to the league title. His forte being able to find and nature young talent. Developing a team on little or no budget if necessary. Guardiola has taken the polar opposite route to the manager he most admires.

i just find it strange and if he wins the premier league next season he'll still be unproven to me and many others although he does and no doubt will add more style to your play. he'll spend big if allowed, fine tune and cull dead wood. Theres a good spine in place at City already so i'd have thought, similar to a degree at Bayern, he'll be rubbing his hands in glee.

Don't think Jack will be saying this "Still in control of our own destiny" too much now biggrin.png

With regards to Spurs and Arsenal, we are still in control of our destiny.

The Leicester bird has flown. The only saving grace is its in unknown territory.

Regardless if we put in another performance like yesterday, we wont be winning the League this year,

Do you think that Guardiola has a get clause in case you don't qualify for the Champions league ?

if he does indeed have a get out clause that just gives me another reason to feel he's rather unproven, a bit fake. If he were standing on stage accepting an award the list of people he'd have to thank for his success would be endless.

Could he have revolutionized Spurs the Pochettino has in eighteen months i very much doubt. He wouldn't have done what Ranieri's done at Leicester because he simply wouldn't have had the bottle to take such a job on in the first place.

what interests me about Guardiola is his contradictions in his appreciation of others yet his total unwillingness to follow suit. He once said quite noticeably that he thought Marcelo Bielsa, Pochettino's mentor, was the best manager in the world. Bielsa managed Newhams Old Boys and took a group of unproven youngsters, buoyed by some experienced players to the league title. His forte being able to find and nature young talent. Developing a team on little or no budget if necessary. Guardiola has taken the polar opposite route to the manager he most admires.

i just find it strange and if he wins the premier league next season he'll still be unproven to me and many others although he does and no doubt will add more style to your play. he'll spend big if allowed, fine tune and cull dead wood. Theres a good spine in place at City already so i'd have thought, similar to a degree at Bayern, he'll be rubbing his hands in glee.

Gracious Carmine ! Did Pep abandon your family when you were but a wee tire biter and leave you and yours to a life of penury and dissolution ?tongue.png

Don't think Jack will be saying this "Still in control of our own destiny" too much now biggrin.png

The Leicester bird has flown. The only saving grace is its in unknown territory.

Regardless if we put in another performance like yesterday, we wont be winning the League this year,

Why won't you be winning the league this year? You are still right in the mix. You had an off day. Leicester had a very much on day. Beat us next week, Leicester lose and there you go.

Don't think you will beat us mind!

Gracious Carmine ! Did Pep abandon your family when you were but a wee tire biter and leave you and yours to a life of penury and dissolution ?tongue.png

Ho Ho!! But come on, seriously don't you see where i'm coming from? He's fawned over, seen as the mercurial one yet all he's achieved is on the back of others. And if were starting with Barca then Tito Villanova was the one nurturing the likes of Messi, Iniesta. The style of football so admired and revolutionary was a concept thought out by Villanova. The Bayern team he took over would have won the league if Coco the clown was manager!!

Anyway, does that post of yours mean you agree with me? biggrin.png

Edited by carmine

Harsh? Thats very harsh!

What is he supposed to do? You could argue he was in the right place at the right time, when he took over the B team at Barca. The people above liked what they saw and offered him the first team job. Should he have said....."No thanks, I want to be like one of my heroes, I will turn down the biggest job in the world and go and try to manage Levante...so I can get more experience first"

He believed in himself, and more importantly he was successful. He didnt take over a championship winning team, they had been battered by Real the year before.

Once he had been successful and won the trophies, then the job offers flooded in.

He has turned down bigger money offers in the past (to go to Bayern). He has turned down United, Chelsea, Real Madrid in the past. The list is endless.

You cannot say because he has not cut his teeth on a club with no money, that he is not a great manager. Well you can say it, but it would be wrong.

• Like 1

Why won't you be winning the league this year? You are still right in the mix. You had an off day. Leicester had a very much on day. Beat us next week, Leicester lose and there you go.

Don't think you will beat us mind!

Read my post mate.

If we have another performance same as yesterday, we are done. No sign of Leicester slowing down and Arsenal and Spurs right there. We have used up our Get Out of Jail cards. We need to go undefeated to the end of the season and hope Leicester pop a tyre.

And of course we must beat you and Arsenal.

Originally when you said "still in control of own destiny" was you not talking about winning the league ?

Re post 18865

What i'm questioning is what he's actually proven? Right place at right time? OK Got a good job offer and took it. Ok, fine, why not. Done very well with those two clubs. of course he did, who wouldn't.

Thats it to me. He may well be the chosen one but to me and many others, when you break it down, he's a lot to prove.

Anyway, does that post of yours mean you agree with me? biggrin.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nah Carms. I think you've got Guardiola all wrong. If he got any breaks along the way they were of his own doing. He's a brilliant fellow who turned Barcelona into a juggernaut a season after they were beginning to founder. Even as good as Messi was he became the player he is under Pep, who insisted he get completely fit and made the decision to play him as a false 9. The rest of the Messi story is history.

I can't fault a guy for making career decisions based on the best, most fulfilling, and most lucrative route. He moved on from Barca in no small part due to Rosell, a slimy weasel, being elected President.

Originally when you said "still in control of own destiny" was you not talking about winning the league ?

When drawn into debate with you Alfie, I wonder is it the Northern/Southern divide or maybe an age gap or are you trolling or just plain daft upstairs?? I dont know the answer, but I will try to answer in ways that hopefully you understandfacepalm.gif

Yes..still in control of our own destiny, related to winning the League this year ( not the CL or the Fair Play League or the Lottery)

Now If we win all our games left, we would only win the League if Leicester drop points, whereas if we win all our games we would finish above Spurs and Arsenal.

So we still control our destiny in winning the League with regards to Spurs and Arsenal but not with Leicester.

I think any normal person would understand the point I am making.