Manchester City

mrbojangles

Right, lets have this right, i thought the idea of you spending 418m pounds on your squad was to have quality cover for injuries and being able to rotate if you have a lot of games to play.

You now have 7 players injured reducing the squad to 17 outfield players and your whinging you can't get a decent team out of that 17 players.

You also imply that the youngsters within your squad are not good enough, when for a long while you've been telling about this great academy that is going to produce players, we won't need to buy,etc etc, and more recently about youngsters who have made their debuts this season who it now seems are not good enough whistling.gif

On a more general theme you fark up every year in the champions league and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over.

Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall.

Anyway, no doubt Pep will be given 300m to spend so it looks like exciting times ahead and you can look forward to seeing League title's and Champions league trophies rolleyes.gif

Don't know about anybody else but I have no interest in answering any of that except

"...and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over. Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall..."

Have a look what we've won and where we have finished in the Premier since Spurs last won a trophy and our owners took over, in 2008. Yeah, it's been a bit of a mess really.

Where would we be without the windfall of the Sheiks money? Well nobody can answer what might have been, but I'm pretty sure not where we've been since 2008. Bit of a mess really.

Oh, and one last point, it's been a bit of a mess really.

;-)

]

Thats a very weak answer BB!! Just saying....

And trying to make an argument compared to us, baring in mind the mind boggling amounts of money you have spent. Sorry, it all sounds very limp to me....

For all the oil money spent, their return on the investment is piss poor.

I'm feeling no love on here today (or yesterday) from the Spurs fans. Don't know what we have done to get such a bashing. Maybe pre-fight neves but anyway.

Don't think BB's answer is weak at all Carms, in fact I'm surprised he answered at all. I started to reply to Alfies post myself but ended up thinking what's the point. For instance, anybody who thinks that any teams squad is made up of 24 players and then you simply deduct the injured players and that is what you have left to pick a team from, isn't worth responding to.

I know Spurs fans will be trying shrug off our injuries but let's be fair here. We have 7 key players currently injured and Kompany and Silva who have only just been given the all-clear. In fact, I don't even know if they are fit enough to even start. No matter how much money your club has, you have to admit that having that amount of players out must have an effect. How would Spurs be doing if Kane, Demi Alli and say Eriksen had been missing for long spells?

The scousers are in such tough shape that even Alfie is feeling sorry for them. tongue.png

You forgot they built a new stand and still cannot fill the already adequate seating capacity biggrin.png

And the under 21's got beat by United this week tongue.png

Think you'll find ManU are closing a section of your ground, in the European 2nd competition, because you can't fill it. Glass houses...stones...

Yes your U21s won at home 1v0. Believe that makes you 2nd and us 3rd in the table. Congratulations.

United 13 +22 31 2 Sunderland 14 +16 29 3 Man City 13 +7 21 4 Reading 15 -2 21 5 Everton 13 +3 20 6 Tottenham 16 -1 20 7 Liverpool 13 -3 15

biggrin.pngwai2.gif no we are top BB

And we are not closing any sections for the Europa game.

Your Acadamey team is doing very well though ....hopefully we will see some of them in the first team one day eh?

1. Congrats on your U21s being top. Interesting to see Sunderland and Reading up at the top.

2. Manchester United to close tier at Old Trafford for Europa League tie due to lack of demand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12141437/Manchester-United-to-close-tier-at-Old-Trafford-for-Europa-League-tie-due-to-lack-of-demand.html

3. Top of my head, youngsters that have come through to the first team this season are:

Nacho, Angelino, Besant, Evans, Humphreys, Barker, Garcia...some debuted, some bench.

Mr. Red (copied from the ManU forum)...not so good at U18s level. ..you're bottom!

1 Man City U18 20 13 5 2 50 22 28 442 Everton U18 20 13 3 4 51 31 20 423 Liverpool U18 21 12 4 5 40 28 12 404 Blackburn U18 19 10 4 5 39 25 14 345 Sunderland U18 18 10 2 6 40 31 9 326 Wolves U18 21 8 4 9 42 38 4 287 Middlesbrough U18 19 8 3 8 36 33 3 278 West Brom U18 20 7 4 9 28 39 -11 259 Newcastle U18 20 6 2 12 27 56 -29 2010 Derby U18 19 3 7 9 36 45 -9 1611 Stoke U18 20 3 4 13 20 41 -21 1312 Man Utd U18 19 3 2 14 23 43 -20 11

Edited by Bredbury Blue

You forgot they built a new stand and still cannot fill the already adequate seating capacity biggrin.png

Think you'll find ManU are closing a section of your ground, in the European 2nd competition, because you can't fill it. Glass houses...stones...

Yes your U21s won at home 1v0. Believe that makes you 2nd and us 3rd in the table. Congratulations.

United 13 +22 31 2 Sunderland 14 +16 29 3 Man City 13 +7 21 4 Reading 15 -2 21 5 Everton 13 +3 20 6 Tottenham 16 -1 20 7 Liverpool 13 -3 15

Your Acadamey team is doing very well though ....hopefully we will see some of them in the first team one day eh?

1. Congrats on your U21s being top. Interesting to see Sunderland and Reading up at the top.

2. Manchester United to close tier at Old Trafford for Europa League tie due to lack of demand

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/12141437/Manchester-United-to-close-tier-at-Old-Trafford-for-Europa-League-tie-due-to-lack-of-demand.html

3. Top of my head, youngsters that have come through to the first team this season are:

Nacho, Angelino, Besant, Evans, Humphreys, Barker, Garcia...some debuted, some bench.

Mr. Red (copied from the ManU forum)...not so good at U18s level. ..you're bottom!

1 Man City U18 20 13 5 2 50 22 28 442 Everton U18 20 13 3 4 51 31 20 423 Liverpool U18 21 12 4 5 40 28 12 404 Blackburn U18 19 10 4 5 39 25 14 345 Sunderland U18 18 10 2 6 40 31 9 326 Wolves U18 21 8 4 9 42 38 4 287 Middlesbrough U18 19 8 3 8 36 33 3 278 West Brom U18 20 7 4 9 28 39 -11 259 Newcastle U18 20 6 2 12 27 56 -29 2010 Derby U18 19 3 7 9 36 45 -9 1611 Stoke U18 20 3 4 13 20 41 -21 1312 Man Utd U18 19 3 2 14 23 43 -20 11

See my reply on the united forum, the reason as many u18's have been playing a level up, we beat your lot in the U 21's on Thursday night and Keane was the only one over 21, many of or u21's are in the first team squad now.

• Like 2

See my reply on the united forum, the reason as many u18's have been playing a level up, we beat your lot in the U 21's on Thursday night and Keane was the only one over 21, many of or u21's are in the first team squad now.

Nev, I saw your reply on the ManU forum. My response on here about the U18's (bottom) was in reply to Mr. Red's comment on here about your U21s (top) - I was just showing both sides [which is why I also posted on the ManU forum about your U21s (top) in response to the scousers comment on your U18s (bottom)]...fair. I also read the MEN report on the U21s game on the M.E.N. site. Seems you have decent U21s. Cheers.

Right, lets have this right, i thought the idea of you spending 418m pounds on your squad was to have quality cover for injuries and being able to rotate if you have a lot of games to play.

You now have 7 players injured reducing the squad to 17 outfield players and your whinging you can't get a decent team out of that 17 players.

You also imply that the youngsters within your squad are not good enough, when for a long while you've been telling about this great academy that is going to produce players, we won't need to buy,etc etc, and more recently about youngsters who have made their debuts this season who it now seems are not good enough whistling.gif

On a more general theme you fark up every year in the champions league and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over.

Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall.

Anyway, no doubt Pep will be given 300m to spend so it looks like exciting times ahead and you can look forward to seeing League title's and Champions league trophies rolleyes.gif

Don't know about anybody else but I have no interest in answering any of that except

"...and you have failed to consistently win trophies since the new mob took over. Taking into consideration the amount of money the owners have pumped into the club it's all a bit of a mess really and makes you wonder where you would be if you didn't have the windfall..."

Have a look what we've won and where we have finished in the Premier since Spurs last won a trophy and our owners took over, in 2008. Yeah, it's been a bit of a mess really.

Where would we be without the windfall of the Sheiks money? Well nobody can answer what might have been, but I'm pretty sure not where we've been since 2008. Bit of a mess really.

;-)

]

And trying to make an argument compared to us, baring in mind the mind boggling amounts of money you have spent. Sorry, it all sounds very limp to me....

Yeah, "return on their investment is piss poor" cheesy.gif

Premier League Champions

•2011/12

•2013/14

Premier League Runners-up

•2012/13

•2014/15

F.A. Cup Winners

F.A. Cup Runners-up

League Cup Winners

F.A. Charity Shield Winners

•2012/13

F.A. Charity Shield Runners-up

•2011/12

•2013/14

Newton Heath v St Marks then so both clubs are from Manchester correct? who was the first?

And most succesful tongue.png have a good day lads boozer time!

So both clubs are from Manchester correct? Yes, Newton Heath/MUFC between years 1903 to 1910 only, that’s EIGHT (8) years, St. Marks/West Gorton/Ardwick/MCFC between years 1887 to the present day, that’s ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-NINE (129) years

Who was the first? See below and you decide.

And most successful = Currently, Man U.

ManU:

• Founded as Newton Heath LYR Football Club in 1878.
  • On 20 November 1880, they competed in their first recorded match.
  • 1888 the club had become a founding member of The Combination, a regional football league. Newton Heath joined the newly formed Football Alliance, which ran for three seasons before being merged with The Football League.
  • Football League commenced 1888
  • Newton Heath joined Football League in 1892–93 season.
  • Following bankrupcy, Newton Heath changed its name to Manchester United in 1902.
  • Manchester United moved from Newton Heath to Old Trafford in 1910.
  • Not until 1890 did the district of Newton Heath become part of the City of Manchester.
  • District of Old Trafford was/is the township of Stretford / Municipal Borough of Stretford / Metropolitan Borough of Trafford, in Greater Manchester. Old Trafford, Stretford and Trafford have never been part of Manchester.

Between the years only of 1902 until 1910 (8 years) were they a team from Manchester. That is, from 1878 - 2016 (138 years) they have been a Manchester team for 8/138 years or 5% of their lifespan, or, from 1902 - 2016 (114 years) they have been a Manchester team for 8/114 years or 7% of their lifespan - AND THEY WONDER WHY MANCHESTER CITY FANS GET PISSED OFF WITH THEM PROFESSING TO BE A MANCHESTER TEAM!whistling.gif

Man City:

• St. Mark's Church of England, West Gorton, Manchester - A church cricket club formed in 1875, started a church football team called St Mark's (West Gorton) (sometimes written as West Gorton (St Mark's)) in the winter of 1880.
  • The team's first recorded match occurred on 13 November 1880 = Of the two teams it was City which played the first recorded game.
  • Not until 1890 did the district of West Gorton become part of the City of Manchester.
  • There were links between St Marks and Belle Vue. At the end of the 1883–84 season the two teams merged.The union lasted only one season before the clubs split again, the St Mark's naming themselves Gorton Association F.C. [and Belle Vue reforming as West Gorton Athletic].
  • In 1887, moved to Ardwick in the City of Manchester, and was renamed as Ardwick Association Football Club. In 1887, we became a City of Manchester club for the first time, and 3 years before United became a City of Manchester club for the first time.
  • Ardwick was one of the districts that in 1838 formed part of the original City of Manchester (it included only the most central districts of Cheetham, Beswick, Ardwick, Hulme and Chorlton-on-Medlock).
  • Football Alliance accepted Ardwick as a member for the 1891–92 season. The Alliance merged with the Football League in 1892, and Ardwick became founder members of Division Two.
  • In the 1893–94 season, Ardwick turned into Manchester City.
  • In 1923, City moved to Maine Road in Moss Side, Manchester.
  • In 2003, City moved to current ground in Bradford, Manchester.

From 1887 until present day, Man City are a MANCHESTER TEAM. From 1910 until present day, Man City are the only Football League/Premier League who can ACCURATELY CLAIM TO BE A MANCHESTER TEAM.clap2.gif

Interesting, eh (Gary James would be proud of me...read his book on Manchester Football, it's excellent).

;-)

]

I'm feeling no love on here today (or yesterday) from the Spurs fans. Don't know what we have done to get such a bashing. Maybe pre-fight neves but anyway.

Don't think BB's answer is weak at all Carms, in fact I'm surprised he answered at all. I started to reply to Alfies post myself but ended up thinking what's the point. For instance, anybody who thinks that any teams squad is made up of 24 players and then you simply deduct the injured players and that is what you have left to pick a team from, isn't worth responding to.

I know Spurs fans will be trying shrug off our injuries but let's be fair here. We have 7 key players currently injured and Kompany and Silva who have only just been given the all-clear. In fact, I don't even know if they are fit enough to even start. No matter how much money your club has, you have to admit that having that amount of players out must have an effect. How would Spurs be doing if Kane, Demi Alli and say Eriksen had been missing for long spells?

You can try and spin it as much as you want BJ but thats the way the neutral will see it, that is you lot moaning about injured players when you have spent 400 odd million on your squad, as for 24 players, yes your right the squad is basically a lot larger if you include younger players but strangely enough your club doesn't seem to rate any of them, which is a shock considering how great your academy is whistling.gif .

^"younger players but strangely enough your club doesn't seem to rate any of them, which is a shock considering how great your academy is whistling.gif ."

Top of my head, youngsters that have come through to the first team this season are: Nacho, Angelino, Besant, Evans, Humphreys, Barker, Garcia...some debuted, some bench.

The point is, generally a youngster breaking through will not be as good, initially, as an experienced international, will he.

Im enjoying Spurs fans coming in here and lecturing us on success and OUR failings..maybe we'll have Newcastle fans on next.

Strange as it seems BB, our little old club has still won more major trophies over our history than your big club has over it's history and thats including trophies you've won since 2008, in fact have a look at the amount of trophies we have both won when we were on a level playing field (i.e.before you won the pools) whistling.gif

League:

Winners = Spurs x 2 (last time 1961!) / City x 4 (last time 2014!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 5

FA Cup

Winners = Spurs x 8 (last time 1991!) / City x 5 (last time 2011!)

League Cup

Winners = Spurs x 4 (last time 2008!) / City x 3 (last time 2014!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 1

EUFA Cup

Winners = Spurs x 3 (last time 1984!) / City 1 (last time 1970!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 0

Spurs last trophy = Milkybar Cup 2008

City last trophy = League 2014

Conclusion: Spurs better in the cups, City better in the League. Know which I prefer to be successful in...;-)

Not sure the facts back up your statement Alfie.

]

Yes the facts do, seems like your having a bad day, first your eyes ain't working properly, now you've failed with your maths biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

You can try and flour it up as much as you like but the totals are as follow : Spurs major trophies won 17 -- Man City major trophies won 13, now explain to me how that is wrong !

Im enjoying Spurs fans coming in here and lecturing us on success and OUR failings..maybe we'll have Newcastle fans on next.

Strange as it seems BB, our little old club has still won more major trophies over our history than your big club has over it's history and thats including trophies you've won since 2008, in fact have a look at the amount of trophies we have both won when we were on a level playing field (i.e.before you won the pools) whistling.gif

League:

Winners = Spurs x 2 (last time 1961!) / City x 4 (last time 2014!)

FA Cup

Winners = Spurs x 8 (last time 1991!) / City x 5 (last time 2011!)

League Cup

Winners = Spurs x 4 (last time 2008!) / City x 3 (last time 2014!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 1

EUFA Cup

Winners = Spurs x 3 (last time 1984!) / City 1 (last time 1970!)

Runners up = Spurs ? / City x 0

Spurs last trophy = Milkybar Cup 2008

City last trophy = League 2014

Conclusion: Spurs better in the cups, City better in the League. Know which I prefer to be successful in...;-)

Not sure the facts back up your statement Alfie.

]

Yes the facts do, seems like your having a bad day, first your eyes ain't working properly, now you've failed with your maths biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

You can try and flour it up as much as you like but the totals are as follow : Spurs major trophies won 17 -- Man City major trophies won 13, now explain to me how that is wrong !

Well based on quantity yours is clearly bigger than ours. giggle.gif

I'd still rather win the League Championship that the Cups, but that's just me thumbsup.gif

Well based on quantity yours is clearly bigger than ours. giggle.gif

I'd still rather win the League Championship that the Cups, but that's just me thumbsup.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Alfred and Carmine - who is out for Sours this weekend as a matter of interest?

Yep we have 1 first teamer out against your 3 out, anyway be interesting to see the value of the team you put out against the value of our's even with all your injuries whistling.gif

So which "1 first teamer" is out, and which "non-first-teamers-but-players-in-the-squad" are out?

Value again. What are you, an accountant? Who cares.

Well Spurs probable team would have cost approx 89m, just Arguero, Otamendi, Sterling, Fernandinho and Toure cost you 168m so with that quality in your team your worried about 3 first team players being injured cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Here's an interesting stat, if City were at full strength and were able to field 2 teams, the second team would have cost approx 150M pounds so the 7 injuries excuse sounds even more pathetic whistling.gif

You can try and spin it as much as you want BJ but thats the way the neutral will see it, that is you lot moaning about injured players when you have spent 400 odd million on your squad, as for 24 players, yes your right the squad is basically a lot larger if you include younger players but strangely enough your club doesn't seem to rate any of them, which is a shock considering how great your academy is whistling.gif .

I'm not spinning anything Alfie. FACT, we have 7 players injured, 2 who aren't now injured aren't 100%. That's all we are saying, we're not moaning but we are discussing it on the City thread. We've been unlucky all season and mentioning it all season, don't know why you think we are not allowed to talk about it, or if we do, you think we are moaning.

As for what we have spent. Course we have spent a lot and paid over the odds for quite a few, that's not news but no team buys 2 Aguero's, 2 Silva's, 2 DeBruynes etc as cover. You have your first choicers and hope the other players in the squad can cover if they are injured. Take Demichellis, do you really think he is an adequate replacement for Kompany. As I said earlier, where would Spurs be now if Kane, Eriksen and Demi Alli had been injured for long spells? Or are your players on the bench as good as them?

You keep on harping on about money and you are lucky having Kane who cost you zilch but he certainly won't be on your books as costing you zilch, he will have an asset value

• Like 1

^"younger players but strangely enough your club doesn't seem to rate any of them, which is a shock considering how great your academy is whistling.gif ."

Top of my head, youngsters that have come through to the first team this season are: Nacho, Angelino, Besant, Evans, Humphreys, Barker, Garcia...some debuted, some bench.

The point is, generally a youngster breaking through will not be as good, initially, as an experienced international, will he.

Fark me we've gone through all this before facepalm.gif anyway i will repeat myself,

Nacho hasn't come through the academy as you bought him when he was 18 Y/o but good try, of the rest of them, not one of them has made a start in the first team not even in the Easy cup, 2 havn't even come off the bench.

In fact i can't see the point in mentioning Evans because he doesn't even play for you anymore so i don't think he'll be getting a chance soon not unless you buy him back of course cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

Yep we have 1 first teamer out against your 3 out, anyway be interesting to see the value of the team you put out against the value of our's even with all your injuries whistling.gif

So which "1 first teamer" is out, and which "non-first-teamers-but-players-in-the-squad" are out?

Well Spurs probable team would have cost approx 89m, just Arguero, Otamendi, Sterling, Fernandinho and Toure cost you 168m so with that quality in your team your worried about 3 first team players being injured cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Here's an interesting stat, if City were at full strength and were able to field 2 teams, the second team would have cost approx 150M pounds so the 7 injuries excuse sounds even more pathetic whistling.gif

How can be know if that is fact or fiction? Please provide the list of the 1st team and 2nd team players showing their respective purchase price so we can check the maths. Otherwise it's fiction. Get on with it!

Fark me we've gone through all this before facepalm.gif anyway i will repeat myself,

Nacho hasn't come through the academy as you bought him when he was 18 Y/o but good try, of the rest of them, not one of them has made a start in the first team not even in the Easy cup, 2 havn't even come off the bench.

In fact i can't see the point in mentioning Evans because he doesn't even play for you anymore so i don't think he'll be getting a chance soon not unless you buy him back of course cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Take Nacho out if you want, no problem. If the question was about City kids who've come through this season, I've named them - point is City have brought kids in despite some on here trying to argue we haven't. Now don't go moving the goalposts because Evans has been sold on.

come through? lol behave.

• Like 1

Take Nacho out if you want, no problem. If the question was about City kids who've come through this season, I've named them - point is City have brought kids in despite some on here trying to argue we haven't. Now don't go moving the goalposts because Evans has been sold on.

The question wasn't about City kids who have come through this season ! you seem to make things up as you go along facepalm.gif

How can be know if that is fact or fiction? Please provide the list of the 1st team and 2nd team players showing their respective purchase price so we can check the maths. Otherwise it's fiction. Get on with it!

Iv'e got a spare 5 mins so no worries.

1st team : Harte, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kompany, kolarov,Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, Silva, De bruyne, Aguero

2nd team and prices : Cabalerro 4.4m, Sagna free, Mangala 32m, Demichelis 4m, Clichy 7m, Delpth 8m, Fernando 12m, Nasri 25m, Navas 14m, Roberts 11m, Bonu 28m

Total - 145 M Great British Pounds coffee1.gif biggrin.png

Iv'e got a spare 5 mins so no worries.

1st team : Harte, Zabaleta, Otamendi, Kompany, kolarov,Fernandinho, Toure, Sterling, Silva, De bruyne, Aguero

2nd team and prices : Cabalerro 4.4m, Sagna free, Mangala 32m, Demichelis 4m, Clichy 7m, Delpth 8m, Fernando 12m, Nasri 25m, Navas 14m, Roberts 11m, Bonu 28m

Total - 145 M Great British Pounds coffee1.gif biggrin.png

Yeah, an interesting stat. And now reread MrBj post at 19.21.

Don’t know what anybody else’s definition of Academy player is, but mine is simple, a player who plays for your Academy (i.e. all junior level teams below the 1st team). It is also very common, and virtually all teams do it, to buy talented kids/youths, but if they play for your club's Academy, then they are your club's Acadamy player.

Hope this list is comprehensive enough of City's Academy (youth) team players who have debuted, those who have started, and for this season only those players who have just made the bench.

1. Nacho:

Iheanacho joined Manchester City's Academy on 10 January 2014. Delays in obtaining a work permit meant Iheanacho was unable to play in England until February 2015. He made his debut at under-19 level in a UEFA Youth League match against Schalke 04.

He is therefore a City Academy player regardless of not joining at a kid's age.

On 10 August 2015, Iheanacho was included in a first-team matchday squad for the first time in a competitive fixture

Made his FIRST START in the Manchester City 5 Crystal Palace 1 match in October 2015

2. Angelino:

On 8 July 2012 Angeliño signed a four-year deal with Manchester City, being effective in January of the following year. Initially assigned to the under-18s, he also appeared regularly with the reserves aged only 16 years.

On 30 January 2016, Angeliño made his DEBUT for the first team in a 40 away win against Aston Villa.

3. Bersant Celina:

In 2012, was offered a scholarship from the Manchester City Reserves and Academy in England, where he spent the next two years as a scholar. Celina made his first senior appearance for City as a substitute for Edin Džeko in a friendly against German side Hamburger SV. Celina made his official debut for the first team on 9 January 2016 in the 201516 FA Cup tie against Norwich City, coming on as a 85th minute substitute in a 30 away win. Celina made his Premier league DEBUT coming on as a substitute in a home defeat (1-3) against Leicester on the 6th of February 2016 and assisted a late Sergio Aguero consolation goal.

4. Evans:

Evans joined Manchester City at the age of six. After several seasons in Manchester City's academy, Evans first came to prominence with several appearances on the bench for City during the 201213 season, although he was ultimately not given a debut for the senior team.

On 22 September 2015, Evans made his First Team DEBUT for Manchester City when he came on as a substitute during a 4-1 win against Sunderland in the League Cup. In doing so, he became the second Manchester City player to represent the club at all levels from under-8s right through to the senior team, after Chris Chantler.

5. Humphreys:

Humphreys is a graduate of the youth system at Manchester City. In the summer of 2015, a 16 year old Humphreys travelled with the first team squad on their preseason tour and played in a friendly fixture against Real Madrid. Humphreys signed his first professional contract on 24 August, two days after his 17th birthday. On 30 January 2016, he made his competitive DEBUT in a FA Cup game against Aston Villa. He replaced Nicolás Otamendi after 88 minutes in a 0-4 victory at Villa Park.

Barker:

Brandon Barker joined Manchester City at the age of eight. He was the winner of the Academy Players Player of the Year award in the 2013-14 season and signed his first professional contract with Manchester City in July 2014. In the opening months of the 2015-16 season he appeared on the first team bench for a number of times but did not manage to make an appearance.

BENCH ONLY

6. Garcia:

García was initially assigned to the club's under-18 squad. In May 2015, shortly after being promoted to the under-21s, he was called up to the main squad by manager Manuel Pellegrini ahead of the year's North America pre-season tour. On 27 May 2015 García made his senior debut for City, coming on as a late substitute for David Silva in a 10 friendly away win against Toronto FC. He also took part of the club's pre-season friendlies against Melbourne City, Roma, Vietnam and Stuttgart. García made his professional DEBUT on 22 September 2015, coming on as a 74th-minute substitute for Sergio Agüero in a 41 Football League Cup away routing of Sunderland.

Tosin Adarabioyo:

Nigerian-born, Adarabioyo recently represented England in their victorious 5-1 drubbing of Japan in an under-19s friendly match at City’s Academy stadium. He plays his trade at the back, holding steady as a centre back. On the bench vs. Juventus.

BENCH ONLY

Pablo Maffeo

This Spanish 18-year-old is yet to play in an official league, cup or European match, but got a taste of first team experience back in May when he was part of the side that saw off Toronto FC during City’s post-season tour of North America. Prefers to play right-back, but has deputised as a centre-back before. On the bench vs. Juventus. Now out on loan in Spain.

BENCH ONLY

James Horsfield

Horsfield came through Manchester City's youth system, signing on as a first year scholar in July 2012, having been at the club for ten years. On the bench vs. Leicester away in December 2015.

BENCH ONLY

OTHER PLAYERS TO COME THROUGH CITYS ACADEMY DURING THE SHEIKHS OWNERSHIP -

LAST SEASON

Pozo

He played for Real Madrid for five years before Manchester City paid £2.4 million to sign him in early 2012. Playing for the English club's under-18s side, his first full season in England was impressive, netting him a nomination for Academy Player of the Year. Pozo's first exposure to first team football came on 24 September 2014, when injuries to squad mates Sergio Agüero and Stevan Jovetić left him as the club's second most senior striker for the club's Football League Cup third round match at home against Sheffield Wednesday. Named as a substitute amidst a flurry of national press attention following comments by manager Manuel Pellegrini on the possibility of his appearing, Pozo was brought on in the 64th minute for Yaya Touré for his DEBUT. Pozo made his Premier League debut on 3 December 2014 against Sunderland at the Stadium of Light, coming on as an 83rd-minute substitute for Samir Nasri in a 41 win. On 13 December, Pozo made his FIRST START for Manchester City, in a 10 away win over Leicester City.

Emyr Huws

Huws started his career with a five-year spell at Swansea City, before he was signed by Premier League club Manchester City in 2009. He developed to become captain of the club's under-21 side. He made his DEBUT for Manchester City on 15 January 2014, coming on a substitute against Blackburn Rovers in an FA Cup third-round replay.

Marcos "Rony" Lopes

Lopes played youth football for S.L. Benfica from ages 1015, signing for Manchester City in 2011. He was a surprise addition to the first team's preseason the following year, but had to wait until 7 January 2013 to make his competitive DEBUT, when he came as an 88th-minute substitute for David Silva in a FA Cup third-round tie against Watford and scored the final goal in the 30 win, which made him the youngest ever goalscorer for the club at the age of 17 years and 9 days. On 21 January 2014, Lopes STARTED against West Ham United in the second leg of the semi-finals of the Football League Cup

EARLIER SEASONS (and current club)

Jérémy Hélan - Sheffield Wednesday

Denis Suárez - Villarreal

Luca Scapuzzi - Como

Karim Rekik - Marseille

Reece Wabara - Wigan

Ryan McGivern - Port Vale

Abdul Razak - Doncaster

Chris Chantler - FC United

John Guidetti - Celta

Ben Mee - Burnley

Javan Vidal - Wrexham

Alex Nimely - Port Vale

Greg Cunningham - Preston

Abdisalam Ibrahim - Viking

Dedryck Boyata - Celtic

Vladimír Weiss - Al Gharafa

Well this is it.

Defining moment of the season for me.

Arsenal have done us a favour today. Hopefully we take advantage of it, batter Spurs and shut these gobsh!tes up who have been messing up our thread this last few days.

Need a big day from Yaya today. Looks like he will be playing more forward today.

Aguero hattrick!!

Subs: Caballero, Kolarov, Demichelis, A.Garcia, M.Garcia, Celina, Iheanacho...kids n old men ;-)

Subs: Vorm, Davies, Trippier, Carroll, Chadli, Lamela, Mason

Looks like you are fielding a full strength side to me.

Of the 14 fit regulars, apart from Clichy or Kolorov decision, that is the best we can put out today. Apart from Nacho, not much to come on.