Manchester City

mrbojangles

Now MrT is safely back in the big Mango & tucked up in jail :D does this make any difference to the purse strings being opened ???

:o He's out on bail now!!!

Wow, the Thai "justice" system is very efficient :D No problem for the wages this month then for the City players :D

Now MrT is safely back in the big Mango & tucked up in jail :D does this make any difference to the purse strings being opened ???

Wow, the Thai "justice" system is very efficient :D No problem for the wages this month then for the City players :D

:D

Sarky bar stewards :D

Now MrT is safely back in the big Mango & tucked up in jail B) does this make any difference to the purse strings being opened ???

Sarky bar stewards :D

Let's play a new game, guess where the Thai playerrs are?

Last seen eating Grasshoppers, so the Bangkok post assumed they were playing for Grasshoppers. :D

Last seen eating Grasshoppers, so the Bangkok post assumed they were playing for Grasshoppers. :o

I think there's been a big mix up somewhere.. Cos Thaksin landed with Kasper Scmeicheal and Kevin Etuhu. Are they gonna play for the Thai national team now :D

Last seen eating Grasshoppers, so the Bangkok post assumed they were playing for Grasshoppers. :o

I think there's been a big mix up somewhere.. Cos Thaksin landed with Kasper Scmeicheal and Kevin Etuhu. Are they gonna play for the Thai national team now :D

Don't think they would get a work permit. :D

From the BBC

Richards out after knee operation :o

Manchester City defender Micah Richards faces several weeks out after the club confirmed he has had an operation on damaged cartilage in his right knee.

Richards, 20, travelled to London for surgery after the injury - which is a recurrence of one which kept him out of two matches earlier this season.

Club doctor Mark Whitaker said: "The operation has been successful.

"Micah begins a rehabilitation programme on Thursday. The medical team will monitor his progress."

Richards recently signed a new contract which commits him to City until 2013.

He has forged an impressive partnership with captain Richard Dunne at the heart of the City defence this season.

Richards has won 11 England caps and scored one international goal since making the step up from the Under-21s.

From the city web site

Caicedo to push for starting place soon

Felipe Caicedo aims to be pushing a place in City’s starting eleven within the next few weeks.

The Ecuadorian striker, signed from Basel in late January, has made two substitute appearances for the Blues but by he admits he needs a little more time to adjust to the differences between Swiss and English football.

He says, “I’m certainly ready to start, mentally, but as a player I have to follow what the coaches tell me. You have to be at 100%, and the Swiss league is competitive but not as much as the Premier League. But within a month I hope that I will be ready.

“It will be a process, I would say little by little I’ll start to feature in the starting eleven but I have only had 15-20 minutes in matches so far. I would say I am not quite ready to start yet, but within a little while I hope to be in the starting line-up perhaps next month.

“The football here is at very competitive, it’s quite demanding and there’s a strength and physicality about the way the game is played, as well as being fast-paced.

“There are high expectations of me, but I’m happy to be here. I just need to keep on in training and consolidate my place.”

Only a few Ecuadorian players have come to the Premier League, but one, Luis Antonio Valencia, is just a few miles away with Saturday’s opponents, Wigan. Felipe says he turned to his international team mate for advice when pondering his move to City.

“He was one of the first people I spoke to when the offer from City came about. We spoke about what it is like to play and the atmosphere at the games. We are good friends and I spoke to him most recently on Wednesday, and with De La Cruz at Reading it’s nice to have a few of us over here.

“As with all my compatriots that have come here, I am very happy to be playing here. I think people in Ecuador are pleased to see us playing here, and for me playing in the Premier League, which I think is the best in the world, is a privilege.”

But the icing on the cake for the 19-year-old was the interest of City’s manager, who in his previous job had overseen a narrow win for England over Ecuador at the 2006 World Cup.

“I had of course heard of Mr Eriksson when he was England manager, and I was very impressed when he expressed an interest in me. That gave me some motivation to get myself ready for moving here.”

From the BBC. And keep the political cr4p about Franky, out of this thread. :o

Eriksson upbeat on Thaksin future

Sven-Goran Eriksson is optimistic about Manchester City's future after owner Thaksin Shinawatra went back to Thailand to face corruption charges.

The ex-Thai PM returned to his homeland on Thursday after 17 months in exile.

Thaksin is hoping to clear his name and reclaim £800m of frozen assets, some of which could boost City's coffers.

"When I speak to him, he always tells me to find the right players. And, if we find them, we will do something in the summer," said the City boss.

Eriksson has been impressed by the financial support that Thaksin, 58, has provided since he completed his £81.6m takeover of City in July 2007.

The former England boss explained: "He has already done what he promised for us in the summer and in January.

"I don't think his support for the club has anything to do with him going to Thailand, and I don't know whether this trip is going to make things better or worse for us, but I am happy for him.

"We have not discussed a transfer budget yet but, whenever we meet, he tells me this club is going to get bigger and better."

City spokesman Paul Tyrrell said: "The £800m is his money, not City's, but if he continues to invest in us the way he has, our fans will be hugely grateful."

He is back in Thailand for the first time since being ousted as Prime Minister in a military coup in September 2006.

On his arrival, he was taken straight to court to face charges of abuse of power during his time in office before being granted bail and told not to leave the country without permission ahead of his trial in March.

He has been joined in Thailand by Tyrrell and two City players, goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel and midfielder Kelvin Etuhu, who will be coaching local children and training with the Thai national side.

Schmeichel told BBC Radio 5 Live: "We are out here supporting our chairman.

"We will have to wait and see what happens but football-wise, and as far as City are concerned, he is a very good chairman, very generous and passionate. He wants the club to progress.

"Will he be distracted by all this? I don't think so.

"He is a very genuine guy with very genuine feelings for the club. City lie very close to his heart and the way he has supported the club since he came in has proved that."

You reckon the 2 City players were a bit of Isurance for Thaskin Mr Bo :D

:o

Their net worth maybe the same as his bail amount :D

I'd say that the bail amount is considerably higher than the value of those two players. :D

I'd say that the bail amount is considerably higher than the value of those two players. :D

How could you Toady. That was a dagger through the heart :D

Sorry MrBoj, accept my humble apologies. I shall buy you two beers on your return to Thailand. One for this insult, one for guessing my previous signature in Cornish and also a packet of cigarettes so you can offer a few to Bangkokwildcat and might mouse. :D

Their net worth maybe the same as his bail amount :burp:

Sorry MrBoj, accept my humble apologies. I shall buy you two beers on your return to Thailand. One for this insult, one for guessing my previous signature in Cornish and also a packet of cigarettes so you can offer a few to Bangkokwildcat and might mouse. :D

:D:D

Oh yeah, forgot about guessing the cornish sig B)

See the penny's dropped for SGE at last! We are set up as a 4-4-1-1 for counter attacking play but now teams know us and play a defensive 8, we have no way of breaking them down. Let's go 4-4-2 and second half even 3-4-3 or something adventurous till the end of the season. Use the end of this season to set us up for a decent next season.

Michael Johnson after months out looked the best midfielder on the books, Caceido (?) looks a footballer and could come good, Castillo is definitely a player but needs to play in the hole not out wide (looked like Geovanni the other day playing school playground hog-the-ball football), and joe Hart continues to mature and improve.

There's a lot of players there who at best are decent squad players (Nedum, Ireland, Vass, Gelson...) but gauge the team by who would the top 3 take from us and put in their squad (Hart, Charlie, Dunney, Micah, Petrov, Elano, Johnson...the basis of a team there) and add some more better players close season and we could be moving on up...moving on up...

Reading v Man City

Reading will be without skipper Graeme Murty (knee) and midfielder Emerse Fae (malaria) for Manchester City's visit.

Midfielders Brynjar Gunnarsson (groin) and Glen Little (heel) are also sidelined but defender Michael Duberry has recovered from a knee injury.

Manchester City midfielder Elano is fit to feature after recovering from a knee injury suffered against Wigan.

Defender Nedum Onuoha misses out after tweaking a hamstring and midfielder Martin Petrov is suspended.

Reading manager Steve Coppell:

"I hope now we are back on track but we need confirmation of that with a good performance on Saturday.

"One result was significant but not very with 10 games and 30 points to play for.

There are a lot of managers who are not happy with their situation and I'm one of them."

Manchester City manager Sven-Goran Eriksson:

"Of course there is a lot to play for - there are 30 points to play for.

"We have the chance to play in Europe. I've told the players we have to do everything to try to be involved.

"It is quite possible but it depends on us, we have to take points."