Manchester City

mrbojangles

Very surprised you didn't attend the Sunderland game Peter.

BB

My saturday afternoons were taken up with breeding goldfish,live football was out cheesy.gif

Sundays spent following Hornets thumbsup.gif

Well Pellegrini can walk away with his head held high. Its been a shameful ,deceitful experience for him being told he was no longer required

half way through the season. Then again the owners are not football people and loyalty/respect maybe are not in their vocabulary.

The fact that Pelligrini got City to 4th place with Kompany,Silva,and Toure, for various reasons, not contributing a lot says it all.

Well Pellegrini can walk away with his head held high. Its been a shameful ,deceitful experience for him being told he was no longer required

half way through the season. Then again the owners are not football people and loyalty/respect maybe are not in their vocabulary.

The fact that Pelligrini got City to 4th place with Kompany,Silva,and Toure, for various reasons, not contributing a lot says it all.

Pretty sure Pellegrini was wise to being standin while City chased Pep, and his contract was extended by a year as recognition for his service and it's never a good idea to start a season with a manager in his final year. My understanding is the club owners are so enamoured with Pellegrini he has been offered positions within the City group. I don't think he's been hard done by, and I would guess they club have consulted him prior to and during the appointment of Pep. He leaves highly respected at City, well liked, and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. Our Charming Man.

Don't let Alfie and Carmine (have they come out from behind the sofa yet?) see your "excuses" about City's injury crisis to the spine of the team

;-)

Well Then again the owners are not football people and loyalty/respect maybe are not in their vocabulary..

Stop trying to deflect from your own poor season and the fact your owners aren't football people. We are very happy with our owners thank you. They have given Pelle all the resources he needed and have every right to appoint a manager they made clear was our first choice before even appointing Pelle in the first place.

Best to concentrate your concerns on United and LvG

• Like 2

BB

My saturday afternoons were taken up with breeding goldfish,live football was out cheesy.gif

As I suspected, cockney red from watford.

Your knowledge of sport can fill a postage stamp BB

"sundays spent following Hornets"

The "Hornets" in this case are ROCHDALE HORNETS Rugby League Club

BJ have a word with this numpty cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

I,m with you on this one Sparkles absolutely spot on...........no interest in football at all,just have money to burn and think they can buy success.

Disgusting treatment of someone their "spanish advisers" assured them was a huge improvement on Mancini

Now the final throw of the dice is looming...............will "Pep" be up to the job..........or will he be buried up to his neck in sand whistling.gif

BB

As I suspected, cockney red from watford.

Your knowledge of sport can fill a postage stamp BB

"sundays spent following Hornets"

The "Hornets" in this case are ROCHDALE HORNETS Rugby League Club

BJ have a word with this numpty cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

You're not the only one who likes to throw the bait out ;-) Der!

Always followed Salford myself as we had a couple of their players as our rugby teachers.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

I,m with you on this one Sparkles absolutely spot on...........no interest in football at all,just have money to burn and think they can buy success.

Disgusting treatment of someone their "spanish advisers" assured them was a huge improvement on Mancini

Now the final throw of the dice is looming...............will "Pep" be up to the job..........or will he be buried up to his neck in sand whistling.gif

Yeah disgusting treatment. ..keep trying Peter.

Your a card Peter. That's brilliant.

I'm not for one second saying City don't spend big money but Van Gaal has spent in excess of £250m in a year and half. Have you not been trying to buy success? Anyway, good luck tomorrow, all that money you have spent might get you some Thursday night football.laugh.png

• Like 1

Just read that Pellegrini gave debuts to 10 City teenagers this season, however Iheanacho was the only one to start a Premier League game. He finished the season with eight Premier League goals -- second only to Sergio Aguero at City- making 33 appearances in total and scoring 14 times.

Impressive figures from the 'Nacho, Nacho man, I've got to be, a Nacho man'

Just read that Pellegrini gave debuts to 10 City teenagers this season, however Iheanacho was the only one to start a Premier League game. He finished the season with eight Premier League goals -- second only to Sergio Aguero at City- making 33 appearances in total and scoring 14 times.

How many starts out of them 33 appearances bb ?

If it was Spurs spending huge sums on players we'd be well into an enquiry by now!!D

Have you been asleep smokes. The inquiry was held already and Pelle has left the building.

I was told his contract ran out.

Silly me for believing that fairytale eh? :o

Sorry don't know but sure it's out there in Googleland.

cto

If it was Spurs spending huge sums on players we'd be well into an enquiry by now!!D

Have you been asleep smokes. The inquiry was held already and Pelle has left the building.

Silly me for believing that fairytale eh? ohmy.png

You are correct, his contract ran out. The inquiry decided to let him see out that contract but his performance was not good enough to extend it

• Like 1

cto

You are correct, his contract ran out. The inquiry decided to let him see out that contract but his performance was not good enough to extend it

Just for our (extensive) records...can you tell us how long Pep's contract lasts? ;)

Just for our (extensive) records...can you tell us how long Pep's contract lasts? wink.png

Certainly. It's a 3 year deal

Only 11 starts out of the 33 appearances so not as impressive as your figs say laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn

He had the easiest job in the Premier.

Former England goalkeeper Richard Wright has retired from football at the age of 38, having spent the final four years of his career at Manchester City - where he failed to make a single competitive appearance. Having joined in the summer of 2012 on a free transfer, Wright has cost City less than £2 million in wages - he earned around £10,000-per-week.

It must feel awful for the team and manager doing a lap of honour to an empty stadium,very embarrasing after what the charming man has done for you.

Loyal fans my ar5!

I actually felt really sorry for him after all he has done for city, last game of the season at home and they have to run off to the satellite town outside Manchester rather than staying behind and thanking the manager and the team for winning another trophy and getting to the champions league semi final.

Well lads. What do you reckon to United's attendance for their last game of the season and how full the stadium was for United's lap of honour. "It must have felt awful for the team and manager" Although in fairness, several did stay but only to boo your current, not yet sacked, manager

Loyal fans my ****

• Like 1

It must feel awful for the team and manager doing a lap of honour to an empty stadium,very embarrasing after what the charming man has done for you.

Loyal fans my ar5!

I actually felt really sorry for him after all he has done for city, last game of the season at home and they have to run off to the satellite town outside Manchester rather than staying behind and thanking the manager and the team for winning another trophy and getting to the champions league semi final.

Well lads. What do you reckon to United's attendance for their last game of the season and how full the stadium was for United's lap of honour. "It must have felt awful for the team and manager" Although in fairness, several did stay but only to boo your current, not yet sacked, manager

Loyal fans my ****

...another lot who go into hiding on here ;-)

Only 11 starts out of the 33 appearances so not as impressive as your figs say laugh.png

In my opinion, scoring 14 times from 33 appearances of which he only started 11 of the 33, is even more impressive than "making 33 appearances in total and scoring 14 times" stat I posted. Thanks for googling for us. ;-)

Sure I also read somewhere that Nacho has the best goals per minutes played record this season in the Premier or even in Europe. Impressive eh!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

^Which one is your dad?

That's a cracking picture isn't it.

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Opponent.aspx?id=63

City beat Clapton Orient 6v1 twice, once away and once home

06/03/1926 Clapton Orient A FAC 6-1 crowd 24,600

30/10/1926 Clapton Orient H D2 6-1 crowd 28,979

https://youtu.be/XbG7tjmmknY

Check out the Pathe News of "Manchester City swamps Clapton Orient with another 'cricket score' 6-1". it's the Fa cup game, surprisingly good quality.

Thanks for sharing.

1926 Clapton Orient v Manchester City in the 6th round of the FA cup and no I wasn't there, but my dad was. City won 6-1 sad.png

City beat Man U 3-0 in the semi final but lost in the final to Bolton 1-0.

13260159_1213517418673518_11745404293275

It looks like the queue at the ticket refunds office at Old Trafford last nigh

• Like 1