Manchester City

mrbojangles

A decent explanation of why City (and others) transfer young players IN and then loan them OUT.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-transfer-window-loans-11665043

Did you have to read that to know why ? it's called a numbers game ! whereby you buy as many good young players as you can, farm them out and recall the decent ones at a later date wink.png

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

No I did not have to read the article to know why. Next?

To be fair, you did say " A decent explanation " so i took it from them few words that you didn't already know whistling.gif

Its a graveyard for young unproven talent because the powers that be will always take the soft option to buy big.

Is there something City fans haven't yet grasped? Surely not.....

^"Is there something City fans haven't yet grasped? Surely not.....".

What you on about, if anything? Give us a clue.

Not satisfied with a nibble, you always have to take a great big bite don't you. biggrin.png

Still a graveyard for young talent mind. Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid.

Please explain where's a nibble and where's a bite? Have a reread, think you'll find your nibnle and bite should be aimed at your pal for his comments.

"Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid." Absolute nonsense. If you want your kid to get the best education in England you'll no doubt send them to private school followed by Oxbridge. If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy. Interestingly if you send your kid to City they get educated at a private school called St. Bedes which has an excellent reputation.

Why don't YOU try posting an opinion or something which might be of interest to others on the football forum for a change, instead of your constant windups. Have a go at contributing, you might find you like it.

Some while ago I thought about starting a thread on TVF about ornithology only to find someone sadly, had already beaten me to it.............smile.png

If my "constant windups" irritate you then I most sincerely apologize,and I hope in the future your sense of humour can recover sufficiently to look at life in a more light hearted way.....or maybe its just a touch of pre-season nerves,who knows...........whistling.gif

p.s.keep up the good work on here as reading your posts always puts a smile on my face at least, and I,m thankful of that thumbsup.gif

Please explain where's a nibble and where's a bite? Have a reread, think you'll find your nibnle and bite should be aimed at your pal for his comments.

"Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid." Absolute nonsense. If you want your kid to get the best education in England you'll no doubt send them to private school followed by Oxbridge. If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy. Interestingly if you send your kid to City they get educated at a private school called St. Bedes which has an excellent reputation.

Have you got any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy BB ? if so please show !

Your sense of humour is fine, doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to see what you think about something sometime, or you can remain as you are ...laaw dae khun mate.

Just to say that Spurs have the best academy/training facilities in the UK as is acknowledged i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media. A whopping cost of 40m a few years ago and up there with the best in all europe. It was part of a long term plan because with a new stadium in the planning and no oil revenue we had to generate our own stars of the future.

The aim was to try and bring young talent through to the first team.thumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Have you got any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy BB ? if so please show !

No I do not have any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy. Bit subjective which is THE best I would have thought, subject to change over the years, but Chelsea seem to win the U18's Cup (don't remember its name - the one they beat City in the final the past years), ManU seem to have won the U21s the past few years. City's academy facilities get rave reviews.

Your sense of humour is fine, doesn't bother me, but it would be nice to see what you think about something sometime, or you can remain as you are ...laaw dae khun mate.

Just to say that Spurs have the best academy/training facilities in the UK as is acknowledged i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media. A whopping cost of 40m a few years ago and up there with the best in all europe. It was part of a long term plan because with a new stadium in the planning and no oil revenue we had to generate our own stars of the future.

The aim was to try and bring young talent through to the first team.thumbsup.gif

While I spend my time reading about City and not Spurs or others, I have NEVER seen anything anywhere about "Spurs have the best academy/training facilities in the UK as is acknowledged i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media". Maybe you could post a few links here so I could read up on Spurs having the acknowledged best academy/training facilities in the UK.

While I spend my time reading about City and not Spurs or others, I have NEVER seen anything anywhere about "Spurs have the best academy/training facilities in the UK as is acknowledged i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media". Maybe you could post a few links here so I could read up on Spurs having the acknowledged best academy/training facilities in the UK.

Well maybe you should start reading more then and you wouldn't appear so hopelessly out of the program.wink.png

You are remarkably dismissive for someone thats just admitted basically knowing sweet sod all.

• Like 1

Well maybe you should start reading more then and you wouldn't appear so hopelessly out of the program.wink.png

You are remarkably dismissive for someone thats just admitted basically knowing sweet sod all.

Think you need to come up with the proof of "Spurs having the acknowledged best academy/training facilities in the UK" first before it's accepted as fact and you come over all cocky. Don't you lad!

thumbsup.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gif

No I do not have any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy. Bit subjective which is THE best I would have thought, subject to change over the years, but Chelsea seem to win the U18's Cup (don't remember its name - the one they beat City in the final the past years), ManU seem to have won the U21s the past few years. City's academy facilities get rave reviews.

subject to change over the years facepalm.gif Well i was talking about now and recent year's not the 50's and 60's.

i thought you said recently that the Academy was there for A. to produce players for the first team B. to produce players to sell on ! so what have the under18's and under 21's got to do with it ?

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

And the line "i think you are going to have to come up with proof" is very childish!!

Just get on the internet BB and do some homework. Or pop over to Enfield and take a look. Its all there for you to see. After all, just focusing on City is obviously leaving you very narrow minded and out of touch. The mere fact you don't know about the Spurs training center says it all!!

Carmine, if you make a statement like "Spurs have the best academy/training facilities in the UK as is acknowledged i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media" you need to back it up. Surely even you can see that otherwise it's just another Pissing in the Wind comment. Over to you.

subject to change over the years facepalm.gif Well i was talking about now and recent year's not the 50's and 60's.

i thought you said recently that the Academy was there for A. to produce players for the first team B. to produce players to sell on ! so what have the under18's and under 21's got to do with it ?

I was not making reference to the 50s or 60s with my comment "subject to change over the years", but over a recent period of time, 2 yrs, 5yrs, 10 yrs, whatever.

What have u18s and u21s got to do with Academies you ask, well Academies are from u9 to u21 so u18s and u21s are the closest an academy can get to showing their finished products, players, and having the best team in any age group most likely means either you have better individual players than other Academies or a better team than other Academies and is an indicator of being one of the better Academies...and If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academies.

Fun this isn't it.

Next.

Training facilities/academy's are all a bit subjective but there is no doubt that City's is extremely impressive. The Mirror and the Mail for example reckon it's the best in the world. I don't know about that as I haven't seen them all but as I say, ours is impressive.

Manchester City open £200m training academy so special Lionel Messi was left open-mouthed

The Premier League champions open the City Football Academy (CFA), arguably the best training facility in world football, on Monday

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-open-200m-training-4767164

Manchester City reveal new £200m Etihad Campus - the finest training facility in the world

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2862372/Manchester-City-reveal-new-200m-Etihad-Campus-finest-training-facility-world.html

Type in something simple like "the best football academy facilities in the premier league" and Google will come up with https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=the+best+football+academy+facilities+in+the+premier+league&hl=en-GB&gbv=2&oq=the+best+football+academy+facilities+in+the+premier+league&gs_l=heirloom-serp.12...44144.48278.0.49894.18.4.0.14.0.3.1334.3042.2-1j6-2j1.4.0....0...1ac.1.34.heirloom-serp..18.0.0.Ln4ePjOVZ1g

Man City's academy get 4 mentions on page 1 alone but I don't see Spurs mentioned once.

• Like 1

I was not making reference to the 50s or 60s with my comment "subject to change over the years", but over a recent period of time, 2 yrs, 5yrs, 10 yrs, whatever.

What have u18s and u21s got to do with Academies you ask, well Academies are from u9 to u21 so u18s and u21s are the closest an academy can get to showing their finished products, players, and having the best team in any age group most likely means either you have better individual players than other Academies or a better team than other Academies and is an indicator of being one of the better Academies...and If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academies.

Fun this isn't it.

Next.

I actually said what's the under 18's and under 21's got to do with being the best Academy !!! as they were the 2 teams you mentioned when discussing the best Academies so let me explain again as you seem to have difficulty taking this in, a clubs under 21's can win every trophy going in the world and beat every team 14 nil but it means nothing if them player's don't get sold on for a fee or make it too the first team so if your going to make a case for the best Academy talk about Individual players produced by academies not team's from academies as they mean nothing to club's !

Let's take your mob as an example, how much money have you made ( let's say over the last 5 years ) from players that have been sold that have come through your academy ? what is the approx value of players currently in your squad that have come through your academy ? obviously the higher the joint fig then the better your academy has been over that period, simple really even you should understand !!!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

No, lets go back to the beginning of this and I'll make it simple so even you should understand.

Your buddy Carmine made the ridiculous statement that "Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid" which I stated was absolute nonsense. I further stated that "If you want your kid to get the best education in England you'll no doubt send them to private school followed by Oxbridge. If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy. Interestingly if you send your kid to City they get educated at a private school called St. Bedes which has an excellent reputation". To the parent of the kid, the footballing education is THE most important thing. It is irrelevant to the parent how much a club earns from selling on players, what is most important to the parent is their kid learning from the best in order to give your kid the greatest footballing opportunity, and generally you are going to get the greatest opportunity at the best academies - apparently that would be at Spurs Academy if we believe Carmine's ("yet-to-be-proven") claim.cheesy.gif

Your so OBVIOUS attempts to try and bring this round to City's academy is irrelevant to the origins of the post and a waste of time - I'm not tempted to go all over this already debated subject during last season.

To think that all of this is coming from my little post below...UNBLOODYBELIEVABLE!

A decent explanation of why City (and others) transfer young players IN and then loan them OUT.

http://www.mancheste...-loans-11665043

No, lets go back to the beginning of this and I'll make it simple so even you should understand.

Your buddy Carmine made the ridiculous statement that "Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid" which I stated was absolute nonsense. I further stated that "If you want your kid to get the best education in England you'll no doubt send them to private school followed by Oxbridge. If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy. Interestingly if you send your kid to City they get educated at a private school called St. Bedes which has an excellent reputation". To the parent of the kid, the footballing education is THE most important thing. It is irrelevant to the parent how much a club earns from selling on players, what is most important to the parent is their kid learning from the best in order to give your kid the greatest footballing opportunity, and generally you are going to get the greatest opportunity at the best academies - apparently that would be at Spurs Academy if we believe Carmine's ("yet-to-be-proven") claim.cheesy.gif

Your so OBVIOUS attempts to try and bring this round to City's academy is irrelevant to the origins of the post and a waste of time - I'm not tempted to go all over this already debated subject during last season.

To think that all of this is coming from my little post below...UNBLOODYBELIEVABLE!

http://www.mancheste...-loans-11665043

You said, "If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy" "what is most important to the parent is their kid learning from the best in order to give your kid the greatest footballing opportunity", and when i say do you have facts and fig's on this you say "no" but mention Chelsea under 18's and man U under 21's which is total rubbish , so how do you gauge which is the best academy ?

To be fair it's been a continuing theme on here over the last few years on how good the Man City Academy is but no one has ever given any proof of this and when i mention doing a case study of academy players sold and values of existing squad members that have come through the academy you decline stating "Your so OBVIOUS attempts to try and bring this round to City's academy is irrelevant to the origins of the post and a waste of time" back tracking again as it's pretty obvious that your referring to the City Academy in the highlighted above comments, plus your many comments over the past about your great youngsters which again there is no proof of ! biggrin.png

You ask "how do you judge the best academy/academies". How would I judge a school for my kids? Based on many factors including facilities, curriculum, quality of teaching staff, results, etc. Surely gauging academies, which are schools after all, is similar: best facilities, best quality coaching staff, quality of the kids peers which can be judged by their results against kids from other academies. It is acknowledged that ManU have a good academy: it is not a coincide that they have been champions in the oldest academy age group (u21s) 3 out of past 4 years (think chelsea were the other year). Chelsea's academy is acknowledged: no coincidence that they've won the youth cup at u18s several times in recent years. From what I read City's is now an acknowledged academy: beaten finalists in the u18s youth cup past 2 seasons and National u18s champions last season. I'm definitely not going to bother commenting on the lower age groups, you can check yourself if interested.

So Alfie, how would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how?

Where is this going?