Manchester City

mrbojangles

30 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm not getting too over confident and giddy just yet stevie

Thats right, he might select the correct side for once!!  

Interesting that Carrick was apparently United's best player last night.  

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Good to see player Brahim Diaz make his debut last night. Supposed to be the academy's most talented player, he turned 17 last month.

Also Aleix Garcia's first start, goal and MOM.

Pep gave a good turn out of youngsters last night. Started with 4 players under 20 and then brought on Adarabioyo (19) and Diaz (17). Quite brave to do that against a prem team away from home,

Still don't know what happened to Vinny. He just seemed to leave the pitch without notice, leaving us with 10 men for the closing minutes

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I hope he carries on exactly the way he has been

If he does then they won't make the top six this season.  The similarity to the start to his Chelsea season last year and this start is so similar its frankly hilarious.  I really think he's lost the plot.

If he continues one more game with the Fellaini thing, whatever that is all about, and over looks Carrick and Schneiderlin then he's definitely lost it.

5 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

MrBj did you get to watch it, and if yes, any good?

Yeah I watched it BB. Not as slick as we have been seeing lately but that's to be expected with putting the youths in and making so many changes. However, we always looked like we had another gear available when needed and deserved the win.

Wobbly Willy was.........well......Wobbly Willy

Now thats impressive.

"Pep Guardiola lost his first league game as a manager, 1-0 to Numancia. It did not become a habit. In his next 256 league games, Guardiola has lost a mere 19 times – and five of those defeats came after the Barcelona or Bayern Munich sides he managed had won the championship."

So now the true story is out. The rumour at the time was that Dunney hurt his hand punching a wall in frustration. I was in the City hotel the next morning collecting some freebie tickets for the tournament games (it was Thailand, Bolton and Everton I think) and stood in the reception area I saw a very pissed off and patched up Dunney leaving the tour and off to the airport home.

Joey Barton reveals epic brawl with Man City star that could have got him DEPORTED

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/547855/Joey-Barton-Rangers-Manchester-City-Richard-Dunne-fight-Thailand-deported-Stuart-Pearce

Bravo, Sagna, Otamendi, Stones, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Silva (c), De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero

Substitutes: Caballero, Zabaleta, Sane, Navas, Iheanacho, Fernando, Clichy 

Looking forward to seeing Silva, Gundogan and KdB together.

That team, with a fit Kompany for Otamendi and Sterling OR Nolito, must be Pep's first choice team.

What a time for sagna to slip. Having a mare! Get Zaba on.

Ok till we conceded but not good since they scored. Sagna poor. Sterling and Gundogan not in it. Pep needs to make changes.

City panic when they defend. Big lad bothering them. Not impressed today, too rushed. Need to cool down and get on top.

Glad it's halftime before we conceded again. Worst this season. Swansea have had the best 45 of any team against us this season.

He needs to change that 11 and build control.

I'm watching this on ilikehd overseas and it's buffering ok. I'm on channel Bein 2 (english) Test) but it's not Bein but mio Stadium (bloody John Dykes is commentator - rubbish) - with Don Hutchison). Not sure where mio Stadium is from. Keeping cutting away from the game to show highlights from other games - annoying.

Took a while till we got on top. Wasted lots of chances. Swansea battled well. But we got there. 1v2 up at 65 we didn't look back.

What about that 3rd goal, fantastic counter attack and Sterling surprised everybody with that cool finish (been learning - similar to Aguero rounding of the goalie t"other day).

Actually thought we looked unbalanced today with Silva pushed wide left where he's not so effective. The only players I didn't have a moan was Fernandinho (Mr Consistency) and new boy Kolorov.

Just hope KdB injury is minor.

Sorry Pep Guardiola, Manchester City fans are right to boo UEFA hypocrites 

By Martin Samuel - Sport for the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3795483/Sorry-Pep-Guardiola-Manchester-City-fans-right-boo-UEFA-hypocrites.html

It is all there, in UEFA's new co-efficient table.Bayern Munich were ranked second in Europe with 163.035 points, and stay there — but now with 189. Barcelona were ranked third with 159.143 points, and stay there — but with 188. Manchester City had 99.257 points — and now have 84. They fall five places to 16th. And this means more chance of a tougher draw — and less money...

City have worked their way in from Europe's wilderness: 64th in 2010, 42nd in 2011, 22nd in 2013, 17th in 2015, only to be bumped down the co-efficient table in what they believed to be a breakthrough European season.That is how UEFA works for the clubs outside the gilded elite. That is why Manchester City's fans protest, and why Guardiola cannot understand.

Manchester City outcast Yaya Toure's agent may take LEGAL ACTION over their axing of the midfielder

Outspoken Dimitri Seluk feels boss Pep Guardiola's refusal to pick the player because of comments he, not the Ivorian himself, has made breaks employment law

FIFA regulations state a player can walk away from his contract if he is not selected for at least 10 per cent of his club’s games when he is free of both injury and suspension.

But any appeal can only be lodged at the end of a season.

He has a point but his way doesn't help. He must know the tide has turned from yaya calling the shots to City. This one will bubble along...

City will play a minimum 46 european, league and cups games this season so City only need to stick Yaya on the bench or last minute sub in 4 to 5 or so games.

Sad end to a player we have loved and contributed greatly to our rise, not because of Yaya but because of his agitating agent.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Dimitri Seluk sounds a complete tool.  However, Toure has had ample time to distance himself from the comments and doesn't appear to have done anything.  Maybe he's still holding a grudge about the missing birthday cake.  Regardless, if he wants to ruin his MCFC legacy then thats up to him.

Not really a clever time to be playing up really is it when you are aging and past your best, your teams playing very well,  top of the league, De Bruyne aspiring to be the best no10 in the world, others Aguero et all in form,  and there is Yaya and his agent looking completely ridiculous.  

Believe Guardiola sent him packing from Barca too as he preferred Serge Busquets.  I doubt you'll be seeing him in a City shirt again.

^"Toure has had ample time to distance himself from the comments and doesn't appear to have done anything."

That's the crux of it, that's what the club is looking but as you say certainly in the media yaya has kept quiet.

Pellegrini wouldn't have blasted like Pep. Not sure Pep did the right thing myself. But again the crux of it is if Pep doesn't think Yaya is good enough to hold down a position, thats football, and yaya fights and gets his position back or he doesn't. Nothing his agent says changes that but he seems happy to keep pouring oil on the fire.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^"Toure has had ample time to distance himself from the comments and doesn't appear to have done anything."

That's the crux of it, that's what the club is looking but as you say certainly in the media yaya has kept quiet.

Pellegrini wouldn't have blasted like Pep. Not sure Pep did the right thing myself. But again the crux of it is if Pep doesn't think Yaya is good enough to hold down a position, thats football, and yaya fights and gets his position back or he doesn't. Nothing his agent says changes that but he seems happy to keep pouring oil on the fire.

Baring in mind Pep overlooked him at Barca its a fair shout that Seluk is trying to engineer a transfer.  And by his silence Toure is party to it.  I doubt Pep gives a damn.

19 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

No, I wasn't joking. There's always been nonsense surrounding yaya so that hasn't changed but City fans acknowledge he has the talent to change games but his legs have gone so he'd be a decent impact sub.

Interestingly the media today is on about Arsenal being interested in yaya.

If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.

:w00t: