Manchester City

mrbojangles

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Well KDB did have a crap game last night...can't be too careful eh!

I think Peps making a real push to become the first manager to spend 1bn quid at one club in three years.  It'll be great achievement!!  Thanks heavens for FFP!!?

City and Pep really didn't buy into the concept of sabermetrics!!!

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

Gunn sold on for 10 to 14 million quid (profit) depending on the source.

"Angus Gunn has joined Southampton on a permanent deal.

The 22-year-old goalkeeper spent last season with Norwich City, making 51 appearances while at Carrow Road and keeping 15 clean sheets.

Gunn, who joined the Blues in 2011, never played first-team football for City, despite being on the bench several times.

He signed aged 15 from Norwich, where his father Bryan played for many years and briefly managed.

Gunn has represented England at various levels from Under-16s to Under-21s, winning 11 caps with the latter.

He was also called into Gareth Southgate’s senior squad for the friendly against Brazil in November 2017 and will hope to continue his progression at Southampton.

Everybody at Manchester City wishes Angus the very best in his future career."

5 hours ago, carmine said:

I think Peps making a real push to become the first manager to spend 1bn quid at one club in three years.  It'll be great achievement!!  Thanks heavens for FFP!!?

City and Pep really didn't buy into the concept of sabermetrics!!!

your obsession is not healthy

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

60m quid for a player who will grace your bench and has virtually no sell on value.

Lovely!

Sorry, have you changed your name to Pep?

As for sell on value. We've been round that buoy several times. We ain't a selling club. We like to get their value out of them whilst they are playing for us

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

60m quid for a player who will grace your bench and has virtually no sell on value.

Lovely!

Nah Ronaldinho ! Mahrez will get time on the right side. Pep has already indicated that Spanish Dave won't be playing every game. So, Bernardo Silva will likely move into D. Silva's role, and Mahrez in B. Silva's space on the right. Though Sterling will be on the right side at times as well, when he's not giving Sane a rest on the left.

You know City have a bunch of nice attacking footballers.:biggrin:

Pep now likes to play our wide forwards/wingers on their natural side (first season he was another favouring inverted wingers), the exception being Bernardo who has no pace to go on the outside. Mahrez i believe is a left footed  rightwinger so i expect Pep will use him both sides till he works out what's  best. Both Sane and Sterling aren't as effective playing on their 'wrong side'. Should be exciting - 3 wingers in Sane, Sterling  and Mahrez.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Are you another one who doesn't rate Mahrez? Would seem so if you think he will just be  a  benchwarmer.

Oh I rate him but he's no better than you have already....and a cool 60m quid!!

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He is no better than we have but we only have two forwards and 2 wingers, not enough in situations where like when we had Sane and Jesus out, so we've brought in one more. Now we just need Yaya's replacement and we're sorted.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

He is no better than we have but we only have two forwards and 2 wingers, not enough in situations where like when we had Sane and Jesus out, so we've brought in one more. Now we just need Yaya's replacement and we're sorted.

Nice goal by our wing back wasn't it? :coffee1:

6 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Nice goal by our wing back wasn't it? :coffee1:

It was a nice goal from the wing back (Carmine still thinks he's  been playing rightback, bless him). We taught him that at Platt Fields training session. Sadly though our Kieran let his man go and was at fault for their first goal.

11 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Are you another one who doesn't rate Mahrez? Would seem so if you think he will just be  a  benchwarmer.

Here you go again, tantamount to lying about what has been written in the past on our thread (namely how we rate Mahrez and would like to sign him) in order to back up you pathetic little argument or troll.

Last time you got pulled up a couple of days ago you just ignored you'd been tumbled so i guess we'll expect the same.  Pretty dull and monotonous now, surely you can create a line in trolling?

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It was a nice goal from the wing back (Carmine still thinks he's  been playing rightback, bless him). We taught him that at Platt Fields training session. Sadly though our Kieran let his man go and was at fault for their first goal.

You really are a gigantic #$%&*.....its quite pathetic again for you to try and make something out of that.  Just grow up and get a life.

I can only presume you get this blatant license to provoke because you support City or some other absurd reason.  Just bore off.  ?

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Here you go again, tantamount to lying about what has been written in the past on our thread (namely how we rate Mahrez and would like to sign him) in order to back up you pathetic little argument or troll.

Last time you got pulled up a couple of days ago you just ignored you'd been tumbled so i guess we'll expect the same.  Pretty dull and monotonous now, surely you can create a line in trolling?

Jesus, you're  an angry keyboard  warrior  aren't  you.

No lies, and no I'm  not familiar with every comment  posted on your Spurs thread, but both you and Ronnie had joked about our purchase of Mahrez to which i have to assume that  you  don't  rate him.

Earlier you didn't  respond to my post (below) -hence my assumption on your part - so go on then, and answer it and clear up why City buying  Mahrez is funny  to you:

"Carmine, do you not rate Mahrez then, or, do you rate him but are laughing at the fee,  or, you don't rate him and are laughing at the Fee?"

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

You really are a gigantic #$%&*.....its quite pathetic again for you to try and make something out of that.  Just grow up and get a life.

I can only presume you get this blatant license to provoke because you support City or some other absurd reason.  Just bore off.  ?

...did you or didnt you make comment that Trippier was playing rightback...thought you did. No need to get so angry so often...it's  called banter...accept it comes with posting  on TV football  forum.

10 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ronnie, there's an article by the City reporter  in M.E.N. that at 60m quid we got a bargain. Have a read:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/barcelona-liverpool-transfer-mahrez-coutinho-14864021

A comment  by a blue on the webpage summons up how we feel about our current transfer strategy:

"What you don't grasp thicko, is that City used to have to pay five star money for four star players, because we needed those players (at any cost) to get to where we wanted to be.

Now, we have a squad more than capable of winning the league again, which we don't desperately need  to improve.

If the price isn't right, we walk away."

^Re walking away

BBC "Chelsea sign Napoli midfielder after Man City pull out of deal

Manchester City are not very impressed at all at how this has worked out because they thought an agreement was in place.

They are of the opinion that part of the fee Napoli will receive from Chelsea - likely to be about £57m - will be considered compensation for Sarri's departure.

Their view is that it was made clear to Jorginho that Napoli would only do business with Chelsea - and with the player desperate to move to the Premier League, City lost out.

City have walked away from deals before when the fees involved got too high, notably with Alexis Sanchez and Riyad Mahrez. And they feel Mahrez's subsequent arrival from Leicester this summer for a club record £60m - much less than they were quoted in January - proved the wisdom of that approach.

Manager Pep Guardiola had viewed Jorginho as a replacement for Yaya Toure and he is now assessing his options.

The return of left-back Benjamin Mendy after missing most of last term means it is possible Fabian Delph could be used in a central midfielder role instead, meaning there would be no need to bring in an additional signing."

On 7/12/2018 at 8:38 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Still posting like a <deleted> i see!?

32 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Strange season for Mendy. New club, bad injury, made 7 appearances for City and 40 minutes for France and he's a Premier and WC winner.

So far he's cost you 7.5m quid per game.

Nice bit of business!! ?

45 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

So far he's cost you 7.5m quid per game.

Nice bit of business!! ?

Damn...we didn't  factor a cruciate in the purchasing agreement.

Seriously, on the positive side, Mendy replaced Kolorov and Clichy and we weren't able to bring in another LB before last season started, Mendy gets injured and through  that we find out Delph is an excellent standin LB and probably  saves his career  and we find out Zinchenko is a capable LB and puts himself in the shop window for a likely  15m transfer. Net result is we no longer need to buy a LB (SAVING), we discover 2 squad players good enough to play first team football and it looks like  we'll  make a tidy profit selling  on Zinchenko. How do you like that for positivity.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Damn...we didn't  factor a cruciate in the purchasing agreement.

Seriously, on the positive side, Mendy replaced Kolorov and Clichy and we weren't able to bring in another LB before last season started, Mendy gets injured and through  that we find out Delph is an excellent standin LB and probably  saves his career  and we find out Zinchenko is a capable LB and puts himself in the shop window for a likely  15m transfer. Net result is we no longer need to buy a LB (SAVING), we discover 2 squad players good enough to play first team football and it looks like  we'll  make a tidy profit selling  on Zinchenko. How do you like that for positivity.

I personally don't want to hear about positivity in Moss Side....I'd prefer to hear the words De Bruyne and hairline fracture in the same sentence. :licklips: