Manchester City

mrbojangles

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:20 PM, RonniePickering22 said:

My thought ThaiPauly is Man City haven't finished yet so you may wish to hold off and pick Mbappe as your striking option.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:01 AM, carmine said:

Not good news for the rest of us mate, they'll just spend another 60m (bargain) on a replacement and Mahrez will be fully fit in a short while culminating in their bench looking stronger than most first elevens in the league.  Thats the way they roll, and all in full compliance of course.?

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:31 AM, RonniePickering22 said:

They can afford it carms cos they are a much bigger club than us and far far better run innit.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, carmine said:

Its impressive to see a club that self generates such vast revenues run so impeccably...i doff my cap to them.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:20 AM, mrbojangles said:

And you two accuse others of trolling

There you go lads. You must be gutted that we didn't go and spend another 100mil so you could carry on throwing your tripe on here with absolutely no substance.

Me and BB have been telling you all along that the big spending was a necessity at the start of this project, with the ultimate goal to be self sustaining. We won't just go and spend whatever a club demands on a player anymore (we stuck to our guns on Mahrez). Of course we will still buy to strengthen and they will cost as we want good players but gone are the days of hundred's of millions per transfer window

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

There you go lads. You must be gutted that we didn't go and spend another 100mil so you could carry on throwing your tripe on here with absolutely no substance.

Me and BB have been telling you all along that the big spending was a necessity at the start of this project, with the ultimate goal to be self sustaining. We won't just go and spend whatever a club demands on a player anymore (we stuck to our guns on Mahrez). Of course we will still buy to strengthen and they will cost as we want good players but gone are the days of hundred's of millions per transfer window

You've waited to post this now?!!!!  Are you bored?  Thing is, none of us can remember you pulling up BB on a single occasion.  Not once!!  Perhaps pay equal attention to him rather than spending so much time on us.  Theres a reason a number of us felt compelled to block him.  His trolling is constant and daily, hence we've blocked him. And you also might have noticed that due to this our thread now is almost totally focused on football now that we are not subjected to his constant tedious <deleted> post

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

You've waited to post this now?!!!!  Are you bored?  Thing is, none of us can remember you pulling up BB on a single occasion.  Not once!!  Perhaps pay equal attention to him rather than spending so much time on us.  Theres a reason a number of us felt compelled to block him.  His trolling is constant and daily, hence we've blocked him.

Yes I have waited because I knew it was tosh at the time and so I'll respond to rubbish you post on here mate. If you don't want it to be brought up at a later date don't post such tripe. And no, not bored. Just back in Thailand now and the wife and daughter have gone to the salon.

And why should I pull up BB. He's allowed to post like anyone else and if you don't like his posts, do as you have done and block him. You may not like what he has to say and disagree with it but at least he is always civil and within the rules of the forum.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

You've waited to post this now?!!!!  Are you bored?  Thing is, none of us can remember you pulling up BB on a single occasion.  Not once!!  Perhaps pay equal attention to him rather than spending so much time on us.  Theres a reason a number of us felt compelled to block him.  His trolling is constant and daily, hence we've blocked him. And you also might have noticed that due to this our thread now is almost totally focused on football now that we are not subjected to his constant tedious <deleted> post

I'm sure Alfredo will have noted this post for use next summer when Aguero needs replacing and its 250m quid for Harry. :clap2:

15 minutes ago, carmine said:

And you also might have noticed that due to this our thread now is almost totally focused on football now that we are not subjected to his constant tedious <deleted> post

Aaah. You edited

In response to your added bit. That's funny because the last couple of pages on the Spurs thread have been about Brexit and Ronnie told everyone to stop.

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

I think you quoted the wrong post. Re-quote me on what I said

I was referring to the bit where you won't spend 200m in a transfer window cos oh yes you will!

It will happen next summer or the summer after when you need to do more rebuilding.

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I was referring to the bit where you won't spend 200m in a transfer window cos oh yes you will!

It will happen next summer or the summer after when you need to do more rebuilding.

I know the bit you was referring to but you didn't quote that. I'm giving you the opportunity to quote me on the bit you refer to. Look back at your post

BTW. I didn't say 200mil. I said hundred's of millions. That is obviously referring to today's prices as who know's how crazy prices will get in the next few years.

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I know the bit you was referring to but you didn't quote that. I'm giving you the opportunity to quote me on the bit you refer to. Look back at your post

BTW. I didn't say 200mil. I said hundred's of millions. That is obviously referring to today's prices as who know's how crazy prices will get in the next few years.

I was replying to carmine as I wanted to discuss the matter with him.

In any case it was obvious so no need to quote you.

Also note your backtracking in the last paragraph....love it!!

12 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Interesting point this....I wonder just how crazy prices could become?

The Premiership spent less this summer than last so perhaps we have already reached saturation point?

What could happen to drive it up further?

I note in this our biggest transfer to date was Sanchez I believe at 44m quid which to me is already a big whack of cash!!

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I was replying to carmine as I wanted to discuss the matter with him.

In any case it was obvious so no need to quote you.

Also note your backtracking in the last paragraph....love it!!

The "backtracking" was necessary. It's obvious that players prices will go up and up to infinity and beyond and we don't know in what timeframe. For clarity, I was meaning that we won't be far outspending all of the other clubs like in recent years. If the average cost of an exceptional player in 5 years is 300mil then of course we will have to spend that.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

The Premiership spent less this summer than last so perhaps we have already reached saturation point?

I note in this our biggest transfer to date was Sanchez I believe at 44m quid which to me is already a big whack of cash!!

I hope you're right about saturation point but I fear it will carry on rising. Just look at how much goalies have cost this year

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

This summer? I think it's 30mil. 60 for Mahrez and we sold quite a few of the youth/second string and made 30mil

I meant the whole league mrboj....be interesting to see where everyone stands after the window.

Suspect Wolves and Everton will have crept into CL positions. :w00t:

Just now, mrbojangles said:

I hope you're right about saturation point but I fear it will carry on rising. Just look at how much goalies have cost this year

Very true....the new chav keeper is waaaaay overpriced I feel but we shall see.

Trevor Francis comes to mind!!

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

Its a non stop upward spiral of player prices , which doesnt really effect Clubs

If a Club receives a certain amount for a player and then go and spend that money on another player , it doesnt really matter if the transfer fee was 1 million or a 100 million

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its a non stop upward spiral of player prices , which doesnt really effect Clubs

If a Club receives a certain amount for a player and then go and spend that money on another player , it doesnt really matter if the transfer fee was 1 million or a 100 million

Most clubs don't operate that way and can't sanemax....we sell players for profit and spend less on the next player and so on is the philosophy since we have to spend our budget in different ways such as stadium improvement or training facilities and oh yes the spiralling wage budget.

You do have a point though as perhaps it is the wages which are strangling the clubs.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Most clubs don't operate that way and can't sanemax....we sell players for profit and spend less on the next player and so on is the philosophy since we have to spend our budget in different ways such as stadium improvement or training facilities and oh yes the spiralling wage budget.

You do have a point though as perhaps it is the wages which are strangling the clubs.

Its the same principle though .

If a Club receives a huge amount of money for a player and spends a bit less on a replacement , it wouldnt matter what the initial figure is .

Whether it be 1 million received and 900 000 spent on a replacement or 100 Million received and 90 Million spent on a replacement .

Stadium costs and training facilities are a one off cost

53 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Aaah. You edited

In response to your added bit. That's funny because the last couple of pages on the Spurs thread have been about Brexit and Ronnie told everyone to stop.

There <deleted> all funny about it.  He's a constant troll that was trying to ruin our thread with total impunity.  Hence most blocked him.  Can't see the funny side of it.  

<deleted> did i edit bar a spelling mistake?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Its the same principle though .

If a Club receives a huge amount of money for a player and spends a bit less on a replacement , it wouldnt matter what the initial figure is .

Whether it be 1 million received and 900 000 spent on a replacement or 100 Million received and 90 Million spent on a replacement .

Stadium costs and training facilities are a one off cost

At the top of this tree you need to have a handful of clubs always paying more than they bring in however....its how much more which dictates finances lower down the leagues as well.

Its just a pyramid scheme really is football hehe.

Just now, carmine said:

There <deleted> all funny about it.  He's a constant troll that was trying to ruin our thread with total impunity.  Hence most blocked him.  Can't see the funny side of it.  

I haven't blocked him but will not reply to any of his crappy posts on our thread any more.

Some of them are just downright stupid and of course he follows up with the wit and candour of a seven year old whilst claiming to be a bit thick and not understand.

Got no time for that kinda thing here.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I haven't blocked him but will not reply to any of his crappy posts on our thread any more.

Some of them are just downright stupid and of course he follows up with the wit and candour of a seven year old whilst claiming to be a bit thick and not understand.

Got no time for that kinda thing here.

He never trolls mate, never i tell you.  ?

Yes its a breath of fresh air these past few days.

Your the one who hasn't blocked him.....do you like trolling inane drivel with extremely limited knowledge of the game??

Edited by carmine

2 minutes ago, carmine said:

Your the one who hasn't blocked him.....do you like trolling inane drivel with extremely limited knowledge of the game??

His stuff is getting so desperate now its hilarious....but I'll never reply and expose our forum to the drivel again so don't worry on that score!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

3 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

His stuff is getting so desperate now its hilarious....but I'll never reply and expose our forum to the drivel again so don't worry on that score!

Tell you what guys. Just look at yourself. You've come on here and slagged BB off several times telling all what a troll he is. You go on about talking football well just look at yourselves will ya. Pack it in please. You've either put him on ignore or don't respond, why not just leave it at that.

20 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

You mean the same impunity that you and everyone in the footy forum gets? I issue warnings like hens teeth and give everyone slack

Long may it continue....its a shame they blocked all the nasssty swear words. :tongue: