Manchester City

mrbojangles

19 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Hurrah. Common sense has entered the building

19 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'll just say that if there were indeed three targets for Levy not to have secured any of them is piss poor.

The only mitigating factor in this could be astronomical demands from club and player.

Mind you I'd have liked Mbappe, Pulisic and Bale too I suppose......Poch has the same idea as me really. :biggrin: 

Three targets, yes.  But outgoings had to be sold first.

What i don't seem to be able to pass over to MrB is the reason, almost certainly that Levy didn't secure new players is that he was asking too much for outgoing players.  Whats so difficult to grasp?

Or is he suggesting that we should get our owner to include another of his companies as an official sponsor and bung us an extra 200m in sponsorship money?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Three targets, yes.  But outgoings had to be sold first.

What i don't seem to be able to pass over to MrB is the reason, almost certainly that Levy didn't secure new players is that he was asking too much for outgoing players.  Whats so difficult to grasp?

Or is he suggesting that we should get our owner to include another of his companies as an official sponsor and bung us an extra 200m in sponsorship money?

Sorry mate but that's tosh. What about the £145m you earned from TV rights alone from the 2016/17 season and approx £147m from the season just gone. That's about £300m for 2 seasons in TV money alone (never mind other income revenue streams) and your trying to tell me you have to sell players before you can buy. Your off your rocker mate. Your owner is hoodwinking you all and pocketing the money. Or, as I suggested a few months ago and got ridiculed by you lot, your stadium costs are affecting your ability to buy.

If your happy with that then fine but don't try to detract what's happening at your club by bringing into the debate what we generate.

23 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Sorry mate but that's tosh. What about the £145m you earned from TV rights alone from the 2016/17 season and approx £147m from the season just gone. That's about £300m for 2 seasons in TV money alone (never mind other income revenue streams) and your trying to tell me you have to sell players before you can buy. Your off your rocker mate. Your owner is hoodwinking you all and pocketing the money. Or, as I suggested a few months ago and got ridiculed by you lot, your stadium costs are affecting your ability to buy.

If your happy with that then fine but don't try to detract what's happening at your club by bringing into the debate what we generate.

You don't generate lol you are given huge sums by your "generous" sponsors.

As I said before you will need to do some serious broomwork in a couple of years and the spending will skyrocket that summer.

So will your sponsorship from the ME....and your chipmunk will likely say how wonderful a deal you managed to secure blah de blah.

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

As i established yesterday, Spurs have the 5th wealthiest owners in the Premier.

Spurs are the 10th richest /wealthiest  club in the world, but that debt 19% of value isn't  too clever.

So spurs are a wealthy club, they do not necessarily  have to sell before they buy (can't  believe our spurs fans believe  that) but were the first Premier club EVER not to have bought a player in the summer  transfer  window. I repeat myself; difficult  to buy a new car when the house  you  bought will cost twice  as much as you budgetted. But still carmine, Alfie and Ronnie will maintain  the party line; comical.

Screenshot_2018-08-18-09-19-08.png

Screenshot_2018-08-18-09-19-22.png

You mentioned our income from TV there mrboj and no doubt some is being earmarked for the stadium spend....no doubt about that but some was certainly put aside for transfers....however failing to sell to add to the sum and the astronomical prices of players who are good enough to improve our first team I'm none too surprised the outcome.

At least we avoided Sissoko the second.....

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

As I said before you will need to do some serious broomwork in a couple of years and the spending will skyrocket that summer.

So will your sponsorship from the ME....and your chipmunk will likely say how wonderful a deal you managed to secure blah de blah.

I love  the way some of you make it up! 

Facts Ronnie please

City's revenue

Gate and match day £52m

TV and broadcasting, Uefa £48m

TV and broadcasting, all other £156m

Commercial activities £218m

Spurs

Match receipts £45m

TV and media £150m

All commercial activities £73m

Uefa prize money £38m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I love  the way some of you make it up! 

Facts Ronnie please

City's revenue

Gate and match day £52m

TV and broadcasting, Uefa £48m

TV and broadcasting, all other £156m

Commercial activities £218m

Spurs

Match receipts £45m

TV and media £150m

All commercial activities £73m

Uefa prize money £38m

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/06/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2016-17

Yes you are obviously better at negotiating your sponsorship deals to the tune of 150m quid a year.

Well done innit?

Willie Carson couldn't make blinkers big enough for you lot!!

14 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Every club is in that boat Ronnie.

19 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You need to cease getting hung up on our finances and take a long hard look in isolation as to your owner. Is he really investing back into your club in comparison to what you're income is? That's the question you should be asking yourself

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Every club is in that boat Ronnie.

In fact clubs try to negate that by bringing through home grown players into spots they know will need filling as players get older in order to cut these costs.

You can see it happening at Tottenham now although three or four we want to introduce are a year or two short at this moment of being first team regulars.

Second fact is City have taken this a step further being a franchise club who spread their youngsters out amongst three or four clubs and hope they will get a diamond or two from the large crop of kids.

Chelsea did this some years ago to an extent but frittered it away under Mourinho's guidance happily.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

You need to cease getting hung up on our finances and take a long hard look in isolation as to your owner. Is he really investing back into your club in comparison to what you're income is? That's the question you should be asking yourself

I shall be asking myself that question when I walk into our new 1.4bn quid stadium. Or was it 1.6bn?

:clap2:

8 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Yes you are obviously better at negotiating your sponsorship deals to the tune of 150m quid a year.

Well done innit?

Willie Carson couldn't make blinkers big enough for you lot!!

With YOUR blinkers  on think you  missed this part.

But remember  this is a debate about Spurs here and your constant  crying  poverty. Over  to you

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

With YOUR blinkers  on think you  missed this part.

But remember  this is a debate about Spurs here and your constant  crying  poverty. Over  to you

You both seem to think I am crying over our poor finances but nothing could be further from the truth....I'm perfectly happy with our first team and will be cheering them on in but a few hours.

Still 11 v 11 out there and I think we'll do very well this season.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

In fact clubs try to negate that by bringing through home grown players into spots they know will need filling as players get older in order to cut these costs.

You can see it happening at Tottenham now although three or four we want to introduce are a year or two short at this moment of being first team regulars.

Second fact is City have taken this a step further being a franchise club who spread their youngsters out amongst three or four clubs and hope they will get a diamond or two from the large crop of kids.

Chelsea did this some years ago to an extent but frittered it away under Mourinho's guidance happily.

We see it happening  at spurs and is beginning  to happen  again  at City. Also note that we covered half of our summer  expenditure with sales of our juniors.

Just now, RonniePickering22 said:

You both seem to think I am crying over our poor finances but nothing could be further from the truth....I'm perfectly happy with our first team and will be cheering them on in but a few hours.

Still 11 v 11 out there and I think we'll do very well this season.

Actually  its more your mate, 'You don't  want  to  do that' Carmine who seems to be ignorant.

2 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I shall be asking myself that question when I walk into our new 1.4bn quid stadium. Or was it 1.6bn?

:clap2:

OMG. I'm going round in circles. Stop exaggerating as it takes the debate to a ridiculous level. Nobody has said 1.4 or 1.6bn

Let's break this down into bite size chunks and a question at a time.

I said a few months back that the soaring costs could affect your ability to buy. Is this now a fact or has it had no effect?

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

OMG. I'm going round in circles. Stop exaggerating as it takes the debate to a ridiculous level. Nobody has said 1.4 or 1.6bn

I said a few months back that the soaring costs could affect your ability to buy. Is this now a fact or has it had no effect?

How would I know? I've not been out for dinner with Daniel Levy lately. ?

Of our squad you will find the only player we really and I mean REALLY want to see replaced is Sissoko....so we are fairly content overall.

Anyone else coming in would have had to be better than our 1st team regulars and that is not an easy task.

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We see it happening  at spurs and is beginning  to happen  again  at City. Also note that we covered half of our summer  expenditure with sales of our juniors.

Exactly my point BB you are simply selling a number of them each summer and using it as an income stream which is proving effective.....easy enough to do when you have them at different clubs in different leagues on loan etc as well....hence my franchise comment.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

And yet you know all about our finances without ever meeting t he Shiekh. I officially give up ?

Those details are in the public domain so yes I do. :w00t:

How much Levy set aside for transfers this summer I have no idea....how could I??

13 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

There's a difference between not having the money to spend and not wanting to pay exuberant prices for a player who might not even make the first team ! 

Edited by alfieconn
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Your mate said 1.2B a few months ago and taking into account it's goes up by approx 100m a month with him then 1.4B ain't far away !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, alfieconn said:

Your mate said 1.2B a few months ago and taking into account it's goes up by approx 100m a month with him then 1.4B ain't far away !

In fairness. He listed the source. Whether it fact or not. Now you are simply putting your spin on it to...……….well, I don't know why except to maybe not answer the question posed

5 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

In fairness. He listed the source. Whether it fact or not. Now you are simply putting your spin on it to...……….well, I don't know why except to maybe not answer the question posed

We can't give a fact on that question mrboj since Daniel Levy nor Poch has commented on it bar to say that there was money available but the targets indentified were either unavailable or would have been prohibitively expensive.

That's the answer right there....so how much was that?

Maybe you can have a guess? :thumbsup: