Thai tourism may get Ebola-fear leg up

webfact

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since the civilised western countries are already starting to make travellers from west africa feel more unwelcome, then the TAT might have a winning idea. To encourage more Nigerians to come here they should offer visa free travel to Thailand to get as many quality tourists as they can find. Maybe a new class of investment visa might be in order.

Its just so so scary what these people will do

What a callous and tasteless comment to think about how another's suffering and sickness might benefit you. sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

Isn’t this the logic taught by Mr. T? Remember his quote saying: “Thailand’s rice farmer have nothing to worry about as they will benefit from increasing rice prices due to catastrophes and natural disasters in other parts of the world.”

I wonder how this callous mindset could ever be compatible with Buddhism and their so called Thainess.

The Reverend Thomas Robert Malthus FRS (13 February 1766 – 23 December 1834 was an English cleric and scholar, influential in the fields of political economy and demography.

His An Essay on the Principle of Population observed that sooner or later population will be checked by famine and disease, leading to what is known as a Malthusian catastrophe.

Is Malthus a bad person or just demonstrating his Englishness?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Robert_Malthus

""Its true"

3rd world Countries

""under restrictive Truth share""

will in these circumstances be

""""Lest truthful""

And most dangerous when Disease of this type is evolving

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Its true 3rd world Countries under restrictive Truth share will in these circumstances be lest truthful and most dangerous when Disease of this type is evolving

The cat is out of the bag. Social media and the myriad of methods of communication now available even to those confined to China and Hong Kong have reversed the sad attempts of censorship imposed by totalitarian systems the world over.

Of course one must discount the whakos on either end of the spectrum and arrive at a midpoint of truth and reality. There are those who say everything in a particular country is always good and those who say everything is always bad.

It is easy to separate the truth from the false by looking at posting history and determine those who actually live in Thailand and would have a grasp of what is going on as opposed to those who snipe from another country for gosh knows what reason. Even in this thread you have folks still trying to blame current problems Thai political figures who have been gone for ages.

I'm in favor of the truth be it good or bad. In the current thread it is obvious one does not travel to areas that are flooded, or having a typhoon or involved in a war against people or disease. That goes without saying. It's probably not PC to discuss tourism in light of current events in countries like Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt or Liberia. However it is still the same old story. Money, money, money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

Its true 3rd world Countries under restrictive Truth share will in these circumstances be lest truthful and most dangerous when Disease of this type is evolving

The cat is out of the bag. Social media and the myriad of methods of communication now available even to those confined to China and Hong Kong have reversed the sad attempts of censorship imposed by totalitarian systems the world over.

Of course one must discount the whakos on either end of the spectrum and arrive at a midpoint of truth and reality. There are those who say everything in a particular country is always good and those who say everything is always bad.

It is easy to separate the truth from the false by looking at posting history and determine those who actually live in Thailand and would have a grasp of what is going on as opposed to those who snipe from another country for gosh knows what reason. Even in this thread you have folks still trying to blame current problems Thai political figures who have been gone for ages.

I'm in favor of the truth be it good or bad. In the current thread it is obvious one does not travel to areas that are flooded, or having a typhoon or involved in a war against people or disease. That goes without saying. It's probably not PC to discuss tourism in light of current events in countries like Syria, Afghanistan, Egypt or Liberia. However it is still the same old story. Money, money, money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q

Its obvious Thai are involved here-

I know several people might be (a Thai monitor this site) and by extension involve responses-

This particular one is trying to dismiss people by saying they might not reside there?

Claims he is favour of truth -

But adds people doing so here are making snipes and Whacko?

Got my prior info removed and called me "dangerous"" ..can i ask to whom? (Am i dangerous to?)

Thais are under Junta law and information is restrictive

Please don't tell us ""freedom of truth is applicable in Thailand ""

Under their idea of TRuth -

Sorry ""WE DONT TRUST YOU"

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Its obvious Thai are involved here-

Yup when examined Thais are just people like everyone else.

In the same way that the Swiss attracted tourists during WWII by being a safe haven from war I see nothing wrong with Thailand being a safe haven from Ebola. If the world leaders have not figured out the advantage of a travel ban then let any country who has the sense to impose such a ban reap the rewards.

i can't go with your view or reasoning but you are entitled to your opinion.

What would you do? Have Thailand invite people infected with Ebola to come here? You have three choices. Invite them. Ban them. Or stick your head in the sand and pretend they do not exist. Which would you choose?

Four - don't go over board with being Ebola free ( perhaps only for now ) so it's safe to come. Marketing like that should be left alone, in my opinion.

Don't go overboard being Ebola free? What do you work for the American CDC?

The point is that RIGHT NOW Thailand is Ebola free.

It might not be by the time the print is drying in the advertising or might not be soon after. This campaign would be a Serious mistake if after promoting 'Ebola free status' it turned out not to be true.

Serious backfire.

Secondly - it is crass, opportunistic and lacks total empathy.

Thirdly - if somehow Ebola doesn't hit Thailand - it will only be because the outbreak will have been contained and hasn't hit SE Asia. Thus everywhere will be Ebola free.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they run this campaign. And hush-up any cases that may occur after. - 'no he. It die from Ebola. Migrant Burmese virus kill him.'

• Like 1

What about that magic cure a hospital here developed?! Oh, a lie and a joke as we thought!

Chaicumpa said the research team was contacted by Hensley, an associate director and microbiologist at the Maryland based National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease Integrated Research Facility.

She said Hensley offered the university support to test the Thai work directly against the Ebola virus under appropriate bio-security conditions and the requirements to enable production of medications for human use.

http://www.voanews.com/content/thai-researchers-claim-breakthrough-in-ebola-treatment/2471222.html

What about that magic cure a hospital here developed?! Oh, a lie and a joke as we thought!

Lies is a common part of their agenda -

Its insane that they think we don't know whats going on -

Did they lie to you? You seem personally upset like they lied to you. Did they? Does it effect you? I just wonder why you care. I care because live here and have a Thai family.

Everything they have told me has turned out to be true. Visas and taxes and jobs and so on. What did they tell you that was a lie?

Governments lie all the time. Adults know that and take everything governments say with a grain of salt. But when it gets personal people get upset. So did they lie to you?

Lies is a common part of their agenda -

Its insane that they think we don't know whats going on -

Did they lie to you? You seem personally upset like they lied to you. Did they? Does it effect you? I just wonder why you care. I care because live here and have a Thai family.

Everything they have told me has turned out to be true. Visas and taxes and jobs and so on. What did they tell you that was a lie?

Governments lie all the time. Adults know that and take everything governments say with a grain of salt. But when it gets personal people get upset. So did they lie to you?

We are not allowed to mention Black men on Soi 5 being put in Ambulances vomiting and so forth-

(Because it can't be confirmed Yet dozens said they saw it)

Thailand is secretive yes that annoying -

Trying to con people etc-

Its not personal its just damm relevant

Edited by Fred Flinstone

We are not allowed to mention Black men on Soi 5 being put in Ambulances vomiting and so forth-

I get what you are saying. Did you just randomly pick a country to hate or have you ever been to Thailand?

I have lived here for a long time. Good and bad. I just don't understand fellows who post 100% in the news forum and always negative. The why in most questions is important. If you are an objective person and see both sides of an issue I would take your opinions with more credibility.

Do you have other countries that you hate as much as Thailand or it is only this country? I can think of 100 countries in worse shape why do you denigrate Thailand?

I get what you are saying. Did you just randomly pick a country to hate or have you ever been to Thailand?

I have lived here for a long time. Good and bad. I just don't understand fellows who post 100% in the news forum and always negative. The why in most questions is important. If you are an objective person and see both sides of an issue I would take your opinions with more credibility.

Do you have other countries that you hate as much as Thailand or it is only this country? I can think of 100 countries in worse shape why do you denigrate Thailand?

Ok firstly, you seek me to disclose information -

Be subjective or pretend i am. *(but not in a good sense)

Rather than just calling it straight (objective)

I have clearly made references to Thailand and my family and i travelling there-

Prior in other posts i mentioned several visits over the years .

My wife is not Thai -

I have had no reasons to really "pick on Thailand "' as you feel i am.

Negative posts ?

I have praised Yingluck and her charms-

Said that the Redshirts are on the right side of History

Wish Thailand well regards its fight for democracy-

The list goes on.

If me being critical of the current Murder trial is of any concern its standard really -

If this topic makes you unnerved so be it - again its true

Most people doubt Thai authorities ability to tell the truth.

So take your pick ?

93% ratings for the PM ?

Forgive me for doubting That one-

Its very self defeating to highlight my opposition in a sense -

It has very little to do with being an EXPAT or SEXPAT - but more to do with understanding Thailand and more importantly , what it currently ISNT - free and democratic

Edited by Fred Flinstone

I have clearly made references to Thailand and my family and i travelling there-

My wife is not Thai -

Negative posts ?

The list goes on.

If me being critical of the current Murder trial is of any concern its standard really -

So take your pick ?

93% ratings for the PM ?

It has very little to do with being an EXPAT or SEXPAT - but more to do with understanding Thailand and more importantly , what it currently ISNT - free and democratic

You have mentioned things like you were here seeing black people and such when in reality you have not. It's not important. I wondered why people like you post.

I post because I have questions about living in Thailand. You post purely, political posts. Up to you. You can post anything you like. Fred Flintstone is an American TV show but you are not an American. You have never lived in Thailand and yet you are interested in Thai politics.

I've visited 28 other countries and I don't post in any forums about their politics. To me that is highly unusual. So many people here in the news forum and so little knowledge about Thailand.

I don't think you can legally post anything about democracy in Thailand so I don't. But then I try and pay attention to the rules.

I don't even know if Thailand can test for Ebola; do you? Do you know what hospitals have that ability?

You wrote, "Its just so so scary what these people (Thais) will do and lies are a common part of their agenda" Living here 10 years I haven't seen many scary things. You really write like you have some knowledge of Thai people but in reality you don't. How many days in 10 years? And you feel qualified to say Thais do scary things and lie?

Edited by thailiketoo

My wife is not Thai -

Negative posts ?

The list goes on.

So take your pick ?

93% ratings for the PM ?

You have mentioned things like you were there seeing black people and such when in reality you have not. It's not important. I wondered why people like you post.

I post because I have questions about living in Thailand. You post purely, political posts. Up to you. You can post anything you like. Fred Flintstone is an American TV show but you are not an American. You have never lived in Thailand and yet you are interested in Thai politics.

I've visited 28 other countries and I don't post in any forums about their politics. To me that is highly unusual. So many people here in the news forum and so little knowledge about Thailand.

I don't think you can legally post anything about democracy in Thailand so I don't. But then I try and pay attention to the rules.

I don't even know if Thailand can test for Ebola; do you? Do you know what hospitals have that ability?

Check how long i have been a member - not long

Many people got drawn by the Murder of David and Hannah - also This site is helpful-

But its not necessary to be Pro Junta -

Or agree with funny things like 93% rating for leader -

Its a free world from where i am.

I have travelled extensively too-

I comment on American politics -

Have views on many diverse subjects -

Again you seek to try and profile me -

But can't -

I am not that unusual -

People simply have issues with this kind of Junta-

Or for that matter any Junta

Edited by Fred Flinstone

You have mentioned things like you were there seeing black people and such when in reality you have not. It's not important. I wondered why people like you post.

Many people got drawn by the Murder of David and Hannah - also This site is helpful-

But can't -

I am not that unusual -

You wrote, "also This site is helpful-." What has it helped you do?

But can't -

I am not that unusual -

Ebola is a concern with the world - truth must be paramount .

But you ask the Question - ""This site is helpful -What has it helped you do?

Well good Question -

Juntas often put out things in order to control the "issue""

So When you read about Investigations of "Men scamming Thai Woman' - The PM with 93% rating- "Suggested Tags for tourists'- "Bikini Advice after murders"- ""Diet advice on rice over bread"" - ""Police praised over arrests"- "Thailand to possibly host Tour de France"

"Crack down on social media gossip"- ""

You get a sense of how Thailand is doing -

This site while releasing press releases are also serving the Westerners -

They make their own assessments of things based on each story-

You can arrive at decisions regards Holidays with a great knowledge of all things regards the destination .

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Well good Question -

So When you read about Investigations of "Men scamming Thai Woman' - The PM with 93% rating- "Suggested Tags for tourists'- "Bikini Advice after murders"- ""Diet advice on rice over bread"" - ""Police praised over arrests"- "Thailand to possibly host Tour de France"

You can arrive at decisions regards Holidays with a great knowledge of all things regards the destination .

I understand where you are coming from. I would caution you as far as holidays and Ebola in Thailand to be wary of rumor mongers who post untrue dangerous information. The Thai Visa health forum is a good source of factual information for all things concerning health and medicine in Thailand.

Well good Question -

I understand where you are coming from. I would caution you as far as holidays and Ebola in Thailand to be wary of rumor mongers who post untrue dangerous information. The Thai Visa health forum is a good source of factual information for all things concerning health and medicine in Thailand.

Only a fool would agree with you-

We have comments from these same people That a survey ( a bogus Thai company ) gives results suited to them.

Another shows the PM with a 93% approval rating-

Tour de France pieces -

Its so silly its pointless arguing with people unable to Fathom The "Truth"" is no what you will get from them.

If your confident that Ebola is no issues in Thailand thats your call.

I simply feel the restrictive nature of media there and a marshal law environment is not conducive to truth telling.

Many nigerians and assorted Africans frequent Bangkok -

Its not hard to envision were any admitted with symptoms the Thais would not be broadcasting it-

And this is why i feel if anyone here is dangerous its you trying to con the public into swallowing up your blind faith or deliberate misleading bias towards the Thai Military-

The very fact they promote Thailand as Ebola free is both in bad taste if it tries to gain tourists this way - as well as concerning as it seems this would mean the truth might not be revealed for the very same reasons- were it to start spreading in Bangkok

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Well good Question -

Only a fool would agree with you-

We have comments from these same people That a survey ( a bogus Thai company ) gives results suited to them.

Another shows the PM with a 93% approval rating-

Tour de France pieces -

Its so silly its pointless arguing with people unable to Fathom The "Truth"" is no what you will get from them.

If your confident that Ebola is no issues in Thailand thats your call.

I simply feel the restrictive nature of media there and a marshal law environment is not conducive to truth telling.

Many nigerians and assorted Africans frequent Bangkok -

Its not hard to envision were any admitted with symptoms the Thais would not be broadcasting it-

And this is why i feel if anyone here is dangerous its you trying to con the public into swallowing up your blind faith or deliberate misleading bias towards the Thai Military-

The very fact they promote Thailand as Ebola free is both in bad taste if it tries to gain tourists this way - as well as concerning as it seems this would mean the truth might not be revealed for the very same reasons- were it to start spreading in Bangkok

If you have any evidence there is Ebola in Thailand post it; if not stop trying to start rumors.

I just say the country is not likely to disclose either way its Ebola status under marshal law

Based on the SARS epidemic reporting you are wrong. Based on my experience with Thai doctors and hospitals you are wrong. Based on the inability of anything to stay secret in this world of Facebook and media availability to the individual you are wrong.

If your hypothesis has any real value post it in the health forum and open discussion with professionals.

Based on the secrecy surrounding certain suspects in Kho Tao you too are also wrong !!

You say Thais are not very good at keeping secrets? Utter nonsense too, they're as good as anyone else at keeping them, it's the circumstances that makes people blabber, there's plenty of Thais with secrets especially ones with influence!!

Based on the secrecy surrounding certain suspects in Kho Tao you too are also wrong !!

You say Thais are not very good at keeping secrets? Utter nonsense too, they're as good as anyone else at keeping them, it's the circumstances that makes people blabber, there's plenty of Thais with secrets especially ones with influence!!

If they were any good at keeping secrets you wouldn't know that would you?biggrin.png

• Like 1

I just say the country is not likely to disclose either way its Ebola status under marshal law

Based on the SARS epidemic reporting you are wrong. Based on my experience with Thai doctors and hospitals you are wrong. Based on the inability of anything to stay secret in this world of Facebook and media availability to the individual you are wrong.

If your hypothesis has any real value post it in the health forum and open discussion with professionals.

Its Marshal law now-

Two different things-

WE all know Military guys just don't want you to know

Base your stuff on the past if you you wish-

Trusting The Thais now is plain dangerous

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Its plain scary trusting them

Edited by Fred Flinstone

Its Marshal law now-

Two different things-

WE all know Military guys just don't want you to know

Base your stuff on the past if you you wish-

Trusting The Thais now is plain dangerous

We all are not like you. We all are not anti Thai trolls. Try posting facts past or present and leave your trolling rumor mongering for another site. If you want information about Thailand having Ebola check the Thai Visa health site.