Thai tourism may get Ebola-fear leg up

webfact

I just say the country is not likely to disclose either way its Ebola status under marshal law

Based on the SARS epidemic reporting you are wrong. Based on my experience with Thai doctors and hospitals you are wrong. Based on the inability of anything to stay secret in this world of Facebook and media availability to the individual you are wrong.

If your hypothesis has any real value post it in the health forum and open discussion with professionals.

Its Marshal law now-

Two different things-

WE all know Military guys just don't want you to know

Base your stuff on the past if you you wish-

Trusting The Thais now is plain dangerous

We all are not like you. We all are not anti Thai trolls. Try posting facts past or present and leave your trolling rumor mongering for another site. If you want information about Thailand having Ebola check the Thai Visa health site.

Again this is concerning "Thais posing as Westerners" ???

Its very very reasonable for any rational person to suspect a Thai Junta to lie -

We have seen the lies for weeks and weeks -

Saying or suggesting the Junta does not lie or cover up,is too far a stretch-

Edited by Fred Flinstone

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again this is concerning "Thais posing as Westerners"

Its Marshal law now-

I just say the country is not likely to disclose either way its Ebola status under marshal law

Two different things-

WE all know Military guys just don't want you to know

Base your stuff on the past if you you wish-

Trusting The Thais now is plain dangerous

Its very very reasonable for any rational person to suspect a Thai Junta to lie -

We have seen the lies for weeks and weeks -

If anything its plain silly to say ""what you seem to""

Saying or suggest the Junta lies or covers up is( Its trolling.)

Who are you ?

Its shameful you defend a military coup and their position and at "times BS "

But spare us your reverse psychology - its you and your Thai mates that need to address you stuff

Starting with ""truth ""

The rules governing posting during this time period in Thailand are below.

"Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules, and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site. "

I think your entire posting history is anti coup. I don't want to be involved so you are on my ignore list and I will no longer respond to your posts.

Edited by thailiketoo

Perhaps the "disease" killing tourists on Koh Tao should be addressed first.

Two tourists as opposed to 4000 dead from Ebola seems not comparable to me.

True, one is a natural disaster, the other a human inflicted one by some sick 'thing' that has been whitewashed by the authorities and continues to be as least transparent as possible. Not comparable at all!

Thailand, with its huge tourist income, would try to avoid disclosure as long as possible but delay is a different matter to never disclosing.

As good as the hospitals are here, there may be an issue as to how quickly a diagnosis would be made. That said adjoining countries health systems and facilities are way behind Thailand's and so should be of a greater concern to tourists.

Thailand, with its huge tourist income, would try to avoid disclosure as long as possible but delay is a different matter to never disclosing.

As good as the hospitals are here, there may be an issue as to how quickly a diagnosis would be made. That said adjoining countries health systems and facilities are way behind Thailand's and so should be of a greater concern to tourists.

Yes thats true

It's just my opinion, and I don't offer it to be argumentative, but I'm not inclined to think the Thai medical establishment would be quite up to covering up a case of Ebola. Police matters & investigations are something else, and crimes against foreigners are certainly nothing new (and pretty much the same goes for reports of police misconduct), but news of an active Ebola case in Thailand would have such explosive news potential that I think it'd have to get out, and that's even assuming anyone even tried to cover it up. I suppose it's somewhat more possible that an infected local could return to Thailand having worked or traveled abroad, proceed to their rural home, become ill and eventually die from Ebola, and simply not have the cause of death accurately reported, either deliberately or due to misdiagnosis (or non-diagnosis...). But even this assumes others didn't become infected themselves in the process of caring for him or preparing & handling the body for the funeral, in which case I just think the word would get out.

Not saying it's impossible and couldn't happen; 'just don't think it likely, and I don't think the military could really afford to put its credibility so greatly & universally at risk deliberately trying to hush up something like that.

For those who've been through Suv. recently, are they doing any temperature scanning, or are pax on arriving flights from Africa getting any extra scrutiny?

It's just my opinion, and I don't offer it to be argumentative, but I'm not inclined to think the Thai medical establishment would be quite up to covering up a case of Ebola. Police matters & investigations are something else, and crimes against foreigners are certainly nothing new (and pretty much the same goes for reports of police misconduct), but news of an active Ebola case in Thailand would have such explosive news potential that I think it'd have to get out, and that's even assuming anyone even tried to cover it up. I suppose it's somewhat more possible that an infected local could return to Thailand having worked or traveled abroad, proceed to their rural home, become ill and eventually die from Ebola, and simply not have the cause of death accurately reported, either deliberately or due to misdiagnosis (or non-diagnosis...). But even this assumes others didn't become infected themselves in the process of caring for him or preparing & handling the body for the funeral, in which case I just think the word would get out.

Not saying it's impossible and couldn't happen; 'just don't think it likely, and I don't think the military could really afford to put its credibility so greatly & universally at risk deliberately trying to hush up something like that.

For those who've been through Suv. recently, are they doing any temperature scanning, or are pax on arriving flights from Africa getting any extra scrutiny?

It would be good if your faith wasn't misplaced-

People recently are shocked at Thai cover ups-

Lets hope this isn't another more deadly case of the same-

The very high Nigerian African Population in Bangkok - its just such a potential "thing"