Farang Serving Food at Cheang Whatthana Immigration

As mentioned it was just an observation, seeing a farang working in a food court is something you don't see on a daily basis...in fact its the first time in the 7 years I have lived here.

Forums are a place to share information that may be of interest to others, if its not of interest to those of a negative disposition, then simply move to the next thread in the forum!

• Like 2

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only worry about your self and what you can get or not, other people and their situation is really none of your business.

Excellent post. Well said. I would add : Do not post about it on a public forum and potentially get someone into trouble.

• Like 2

I'm going to CW for my one-year extension next Tuesday.

Will have a look at the Food Court.

Will not report what I see or not see !!

It's getting too hot here on this thread !! LOL

Edited by jayceenik

A friend of mine was employed by an agency and they didn't make him a visa for like the first 6 months or something. Essentially, he wasn't supposed to be teaching, but that is how the agency seemed to operate.

Anyway, one day they told him they had some extra work for hi teaching adults. At the government office where immigration is located. Being a small complex (not like BKK), all the workers know each other, regardless of their departments. One time he went in, extended his tourist visa and then came back and taught in the office adjacent to immigration. Again...they all HAD to know. They just didn't care.

People should look at Post number 8.

Next people should look at post number 1 and notice it says serving

It is likely that the guy is legal, and not dossing about in some grind house on an ed visa.

Yep.

When will people stop regurgitating the rubbish posted on here and find out the facts. Yes you can get a work permit for cooking and own the business. Serving - do people really think anyone except a bent cop on the make cares ?

What about the Indian in mega Bang Na foodcourt , do they all have Thai nationality ? They don't speak Thai.

• Like 1

The only way that you will find out for sure is go back and ask him and trust that he is telling you the truth!

Or beat him up or threaten him with scalding water until he admits this terrible crime ... just a thought ......

More importantly who gives a flying f*%6 mate .. is it bothering you ? If so, get in touch with the Thai apologists they solve most of these scathing kind of crimes !!

"If so, get in touch with the Thai apologists they solve most of these scathing kind of crimes !!"

Most of the scathing Thai bashing is about as significant as this O/P. Who needs to apologize for anything ... aside from the endless childish whining about everything in Thailand?

science-nails-most-irritating-sound-whin

As mentioned it was just an observation, seeing a farang working in a food court is something you don't see on a daily basis...in fact its the first time in the 7 years I have lived here.

Forums are a place to share information that may be of interest to others, if its not of interest to those of a negative disposition, then simply move to the next thread in the forum!

You could see a farang in Chinatown selling Hot Dogs, a farang in Sakon selling clothes on the night market, a farang in Phang Khon selling garlands on the daily night market, a farang in Sawang selling dog puppies.

I am seeing them almost daily as we often go to the night markets. Never asked them how do they do it as it is not my business but we do have eye contacts and smile to each other and I normally would support them by buying from them, except I don't want a puppy.

Only worry about your self and what you can get or not, other people and their situation is really none of your business.

Excellent post. Well said. I would add : Do not post about it on a public forum and potentially get someone into trouble.

Yeah, because someone working at the food court in Chaengwattana is going to be well under the radar. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

i am french and i have a son born in thailand from a thai wife and he as two passeport on thai on french and if he want to work in thailand he as no probleme,but i hope he be doing better tan seling food...

if you see him he do not look like thai at all!

you seen him there working and you did not have the jangles to ask him what he is doing? but you are asking the people on this forum what was he doing and why and how? well i am from a place far away in the mountains of colorado where we call that being "chicken schlitz" or "no mas jangles" :-)

Why do people persist in the pursuit of trying to get people into trouble that they don't even know?

Sorry but I watched a couple of programs this week about events that occurred between 1933 and 1945.....

This topic should have been locked 2 pages ago IMHO....

Edited by mxyzptlk
  • Like 1

ok, so I am thru this thread to its current end, and among all speculations I have missed this one:

If truly a farang, he may have a Thai spouse, living here with a non-O/marriage visa, and has a working permit to legally assist in the business of his wife.

Case solved.

All legal under the scrutinity of Thai officials at CW as of the TVF membership.

Edited by RTH10260