Where to buy a wheel!?

Overandout

Needing just one single wheel for my car (the spare that came with it doesn't fit) I went along to Siang Gong in Bang Phli at the weekend thinking it would be easy to pick up a steel rim to use.... Wrong.

After an hour of driving round everywhere I asked would only sell a full set, no loose wheel...

Anyone know where in BKK I might be able to buy a single wheel (except in the dealer paying brand new dealer price!)

Thanks.

Know the problem! When I took the spare off to check the condition of the up side which I can't see I discovered it was the wrong wheel for my pick-up! So I searched around and I had to settle for a steel wheel with the same 6 lugs and PCD.....but I had to get the centre hole opened up by a guy with a lathe so the wheel would fit over the hub. What a lot of rigmarole that was!

The local Michelin store ordered and got a wheel (mag type) for me for my spare.....about 1700B less than the local Cockpit was willing to order one for - but - they do not like to order one wheel....couldn't get the Yokohama store that sold me the original 4 + tires...had to chase around to find someone that would order one wheel.....they wanted 4500B because it was an order of one.....went to Michelin & they ordered same rim for 2800B.......Lenso Wheels/American Racing....

Then had to go back to Yokohama to get the matching tire......

Ironically - the same Michelin store originally would not order the wheels in the first place and lost a sale of 4 wheels and 5 tires.....got a different person the last time......

Size, PCD, Holes ?

I wasn't really expecting anyone on here to help me look for the actual wheel, but seeing as you asked:

Car is a '97 Toyota Granvia

6 x 15, ET29
PCD 6x139.7
Tyre 205/70 R15
I have a tyre, just need any style of rim to use as a spare.

Any scrape yard will have hundreds laying around

Please read my original post and digest the content before commenting..... xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Siang Gong is one of (if not) the biggest car breakers complex in Thailand. I went there with the same expectation as you, but after asking in about 15-20 yards I am now asking on the forum because NOT ONE OF THEM would sell one loose wheel.

If you can tell me of a yard that WILL sell me one loose wheel, then I will take your advice.

Any scrape yard will have hundreds laying around

Please read my original post and digest the content before commenting..... xermm.gif.pagespeed.ic.7f2Kr9k8HC.png

Siang Gong is one of (if not) the biggest car breakers complex in Thailand. I went there with the same expectation as you, but after asking in about 15-20 yards I am now asking on the forum because NOT ONE OF THEM would sell one loose wheel.

If you can tell me of a yard that WILL sell me one loose wheel, then I will take your advice.

I guess they misunderstood you, as for sure they will not want to sell am single Alu wheel since that would render the other three worthless, but the spare-wheel is always steel and of no significance to someone who want to buy a set of alu wheels since he will have a spare already.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697094-where-to-buy-a-used-wheel-and-tyre-for-a-pick-up/page-2?hl=%2Bspare+%2Bwheel#entry7320568

Edited by TheCruncher

Start looking at small tyre shops they often have odd wheels, as the pcd is same as lots of trucks/minibuses the ET might be different but you will have to find one that's near and try it, buts as it's only to get you to the nearest tyre shop that should do.