Browsing Problem

alexth

Very often I am getting this error while trying to open websites, sometimes it works, sometimes it's not. I'm on Hi-Speed Internet by True. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Network Error (tcp_error)

A communication error occurred: "Operation timed out"

The Web Server may be down, too busy, or experiencing other problems preventing it from responding to requests. You may wish to try again at a later time.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Hi, No your not the only one with aproblem.

I have been having a problem getting inot my Hotmail and also UK Yahoo. getting the same notice that you are getting. :D

So I called True (using 2mb broadand) this morning Thursday, and a rep came around at 1300 and we checked everything out and confirmed that the problem is NOT my computer and not in Thailand, but somewhere else. Most everything else is working fine although when trying to get into sub sites on this site such as Immigration queries, I was also gettting the same notice so there is a problem out there, but have no idea where and what it is. Maybe some techie might come up with an idea. as to where the problem lies. :o

Cheers Philip

The international links from Thailand are congested. The Thai ISP's need to upgrade their bandwidth.

It makes sense, but I think it depends on the external websites too, i.e. yahoo never made problems or any other big sites. The worst part is that I'm paying for 4Mb connection and I've never seen that graphic higher than 2.5 and now also this browsing problem, makes you wanna hit somebody :o

Hi,

Further to my earlier reply, I was browsing through many earlier postings and some one else reported a similair problem and the solution suggested was to switch of your router, if your using one for a few minutes.

I am using a Surecome which has worked without a break for 18 months, and I did as suggested and switched it of and rebooted everything and when reconnected everything whchh had for the last two days been rejecting me came back on line with no problems.

Hope it works for you

Regards

Philip

The international links from Thailand are congested. The Thai ISP's need to upgrade their bandwidth.

And that will happen when pigs fly.

You've already paid for the service, so what's the likelyhood that any Thai ISP -- out of a sense of technical pride or consumer good will -- is going to waste any of its revenue just to provide you a better service.

There's next to no chance of such an upgrade until it's absolutely necessary to prevent these ISPs from losing a significant number of subscribers. And how is that going to happen if none of them increase their bandwidth? What are we all going to do, boycott the net?

Hi,

Further to my earlier reply, I was browsing through many earlier postings and some one else reported a similair problem and the solution suggested was to switch of your router, if your using one for a few minutes.

I am using a Surecome which has worked without a break for 18 months, and I did as suggested and switched it of and rebooted everything and when reconnected everything whchh had for the last two days been rejecting me came back on line with no problems.

Hope it works for you

Regards

Philip

Yes, a re-boot of the router can solve the problem. I have no idea why but it works. I'm also on TRUE and often had problems of time-outs (tcp or DNS errors). Nowadays I switch the router (and the PCs) off over night whenever we don't have a running download.

---Problem solved----

Can anybody explain why this solved the problem? It can't be the IP address since this changes every 24 hours anyway.

regards

opalhort