Pinda was bitten

Hello,

Pinda is our 4 months young "Labrador + ??" female pet.

On last saturday morning, like every morning at around 6 o'clock, I open the house door to greet our 4 dogs and give them some caresses to start the day.

30 minutes later, after drinking coffee I went out and got shocked : Pinda got a big cheek like she had a coconut in her mouth. She didn't seem to hurt. But when I touched her cheek she showed some suffering.

I let her in house and went to check what might have happened.

I discovered a freshly dug hole under the bank where she uses to hide her toys. The hole was very deep. I thought it was a hole made by a rat or the same.

Pinda was abnormaly quite. At 7.30 I called then the veterinarian and he told me I could come.

After anesthesia, he shaved her neck and around her mouth and discover that a snake bit her on the lip. He gave her 2 injections and we could drive back home with some medication.

Her cheek swelled a bit more until around 2PM.

She spent the night in house and I slept on the couch to be there if something happened.

But she had a good night and in the morning she started play again.

We were lucky.

Now, she feels wonderfull and starts again to hide her toys everywhre in the garden.

Have a nice day

post-212592-0-80968400-1413861904_thumb.

post-212592-0-01920600-1413862052_thumb.

post-212592-0-32576400-1413862063_thumb.

post-212592-0-95633600-1413862071_thumb.

• 1 year later...

Last sunday, a cobra bit Pinda. We called the veterinary who was so nice to open his clinic for her but there was nothing to do anymore.

30 min after the bite, her heart stopped beating.

She died in my arms. She was only 18 months old.

16010803272320087813880879.jpg

Sorry to hear that; a lovely looking dog.

Two bites in two months = problem. We used to get in our garden mating cobras every April followed by baby cobras. We cleared out of the garden all ground foliage and left just trees and grass. In the 5 years since we've never seen a cobra.

Last sunday, a cobra bit Pinda. We called the veterinary who was so nice to open his clinic for her but there was nothing to do anymore.

30 min after the bite, her heart stopped beating.

She died in my arms. She was only 18 months old.

16010803272320087813880879.jpg

So sad to hear that JJA, always seems worst when a dog dies from these circumstances rather than from a illness or old age.

RIP Pinda.

Two bites in two months = problem. We used to get in our garden mating cobras every April followed by baby cobras. We cleared out of the garden all ground foliage and left just trees and grass. In the 5 years since we've never seen a cobra.

14 Months !!!

The second bite was 14 months after the first, very unfortunate and very sad to hear.

Something I have noticed and seem to remember from a previous post is that a Western breed dog is inquisitive of snakes where a Thai dog will raise an alarm.

my heart goes out to you,something i dread to think about,we have had our fair share of snakes the past couble of yrs.luckily for our boy none were poisoness.our boys moto is ANYTHING THAT MOVES KILL IT,