Retirement Visa - Required Paperwork?

Kellynch

I am changing from "Married" to "Retirement". I checked the CM Immigration website but I could only find specifics about the financial requirements. I've decided not to call the office as I've been given duff information on two occasions. I also have the experience of different Immigration offices asking for different things.

On the financial side I'm going for the 800,000 Baht in the bank, along with bank letter and statement. I would be grateful if someone could let me know what other paperwork and how many copies.

Thanks in advance.

Retirement extension is so so much easier than married. All you need is the 800,000 baht seasoned for 2 months on first application, one copy of passpout pages, your passport for inspection, original bank letter. That,s all. Although good idea to take your bank book. Extension is issued immediately, no month or two wait like the married extension.

Retirement extension is so so much easier than married. All you need is the 800,000 baht seasoned for 2 months on first application, one copy of passpout pages, your passport for inspection, original bank letter. That,s all. Although good idea to take your bank book. Extension is issued immediately, no month or two wait like the married extension.

Photocopy and sign every bank book page.

Retirement extension is a breeze.

If you are changing from marriage extension to retirement, in addition to the requirements for the retirement extension you will need your wife to be with you and one copy each of her cpr, bluebook, your marriage certificate, and your marriage registration.

They also required a copy of every page of my passport, a copy of my TM6, the completed TM7 with a recent picture attached, and the financial information. This year I used the income certification letter.

Edited by FredLee

If you are changing from marriage extension to retirement, in addition to the requirements for the retirement extension you will need your wife to be with you and one copy each of her cpr, bluebook, your marriage certificate, and your marriage registration.

They also required a copy of every page of my passport, a copy of my TM6, the completed TM7 with a recent picture attached, and the financial information. This year I used the income certification letter.

I'm not disputing this because I don't know for sure.

However, I wonder what the situation is if you have separated from your wife under less than desirable circumstances and want no contact, surely they can't request or expect the above?

Well, maybe they can expect it but what if you can't get or don't want contact?

Sounds ridiculous to me.

However, I wonder what the situation is if you have separated from your wife under less than desirable circumstances and want no contact, surely they can't request or expect the above?

Sounds ridiculous to me.

Don't know what they would do in the case of separation, but this is what was required of me yesterday at Chiang Mai Immigration. It caught me by surprise, because I hadn't heard of this before.

One other thing I should mention. Don't go too early if changing from marriage to retirement. On the initial change, the extension will only be good for 365 days from the day you do the change. For example, my marriage ext date was always 24 Oct, even if I extended it early. The retirement one I just did yesterday is only valid until 20 Oct 2015. She explained to me this applies only on the initial change from marriage to retirement, and that on my next ext I can do it early with no problem, the end date will still be 20 Oct.

Sounds ridiculous to me.

Don't know what they would do in the case of separation, but this is what was required of me yesterday at Chiang Mai Immigration. It caught me by surprise, because I hadn't heard of this before.

One other thing I should mention. Don't go too early if changing from marriage to retirement. On the initial change, the extension will only be good for 365 days from the day you do the change. For example, my marriage ext date was always 24 Oct, even if I extended it early. The retirement one I just did yesterday is only valid until 20 Oct 2015. She explained to me this applies only on the initial change from marriage to retirement, and that on my next ext I can do it early with no problem, the end date will still be 20 Oct.

I'm not doubting you as they do tend to move goalposts and introduce one off rules. I guess it breaks the monotony.

I suppose in that situation one could just let the extension lapse by leaving the country on the last day. Apply for another visa in the neighboring country and start the process all over again.