Oscar Pistorius jailed for five years

webfact

The court case clearly brought out that a woman was screaming during the shooting. There was credible testimony that the was a large argument heard from the house. Reeva had locked the door to the bathroom and took the key into the bathroom with her. There is no known case in history where a burglar would lock himself in the bathroom vice flee from where he had come.

Pistorius has a history of problems managing his anger.

In all what an embarrassment for SA, while the world watched. A miscarriage of justice.

Reeva's family had been receiving money monthly from Pistorius, shame on them for saying that justice was served for the murder of their daughter.

• Like 1

Reeva's mother said she thought the sentence was appropriate.

She did, but I wonder if she knew that "five years" really meant "10 months". I doubt if they announced that in court.

Its not 10 months, if you read the SA rags, he will have to serve at least 1/3 of his sentence before being even elidible for a parole hearing there around 20 months

This case, like the OJ Simpson case proves that most judicial systems around the world are corrupt. What I mean by that, is that if you have enough money to spend on a good defense team, without morals or ethics, willing to distort the facts, with the sole objective in mind to free their client from a guilty verdict, or to lighten their sentences, consider it done. All it takes is a million or two. Dollars that is. They can convince nearly any judge or jury, or create enough doubt, with the clever ways they distort reality and truth, and twist what really happened into something else. Who are the real modern day gangsters? Defense attorneys.

This clown was as guilty as the day is long. When was the last time you shot someone who was in your bathroom? What the hell. Did she just climb in the window to take a shower? Only a very dull mind would believe his story.

Edited by spidermike007

She did, but I wonder if she knew that "five years" really meant "10 months". I doubt if they announced that in court.

Personally, I think the prosecution might have had an idea and explained the possibility long before the verdict.

It will be interesting to see if the state appeals the sentence.

Can't help thinking there's money forthcoming down the line.

Absolute disgrace.

Murdered his girlfriend and got away with it.

I bet he cant believe it himself.

Guilty as hell but there you go.

I hope there is an appeal against the leniency of the sentence.

Somehow I doubt it, though there could well be.

Apart from thinking all parties are happy to now let it go for their own reasons, I doubt very much that the South African government would want to discredit a highly respected judge, who has sat on a very long case and put forward to the world how 'merciful' the SA court system is (her words).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sentences these days have become a joke! this guy makes O.J.Simpson seem like a novice!

Not really. OJ didn't serve a single day in prison for murder as he was acquitted. Ever calm and collected throughout his trial, OJ makes Piorius look like a fool.

Honestly, I don't think bribery had much to do with either the OJ or Oscar case.

OJ was acquitted by a majority of black jurors, it was a racial issue at the time. The jury selection for the OJ case was moved from the rich side of Los Angeles (of which both him and the deceased lived) to an inner city (black) area. But an embarrassment to the American legal system none the less.

I don't see bribery in Oscar's case either, a solid case by the police, good prosecution and a ding bat judge presiding. This judge should be impeached.

Interesting though the many dissimilarities of these two cases; OJ tried by a jury and Oscar tried by a judge, OJ was in total denial even to this day and Oscar confessed.

We still have not perfected our justice systems. But Karma got OJ, I believe he is still serving a 15 year sentence in the state of Nevada. Hopefully "stubs" will get his.

The court case clearly brought out that a woman was screaming during the shooting. There was credible testimony that the was a large argument heard from the house. Reeva had locked the door to the bathroom and took the key into the bathroom with her. There is no known case in history where a burglar would lock himself in the bathroom vice flee from where he had come.

In all what an embarrassment for SA, while the world watched. A miscarriage of justice.

Reeva's family had been receiving money monthly from Pistorius, shame on them for saying that justice was served for the murder of their daughter.

Picture a man with a gun,who had cornered a Burglar,who had locked himself in the shower room. Would it be too much to think his next best move,would be to phone the police???

• Like 1

Picture a man with a gun,who had cornered a Burglar,who had locked himself in the shower room. Would it be too much to think his next best move,would be to phone the police???

You have never lived in SA then have you, phone the police LOL they may turn up in a day or two if your lucky

Just saw the post court interviews. She knew and accepted it.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

In reality 10 months is still a long time, and according to quotes the rest of the time he will be under house arrest.

Pretty fair given the circumstances that the prosecution failed to prove he intentionally intended to kill her.

Just wonder how they intend to monitor that he is at home???

post-20091-0-04183200-1413989336_thumb.j

Edited by Basil B

Absolute disgrace.

Murdered his girlfriend and got away with it.

I bet he cant believe it himself.

Guilty as hell but there you go.

I hope there is an appeal against the leniency of the sentence.

Somehow I doubt it, though there could well be.

Apart from thinking all parties are happy to now let it go for their own reasons, I doubt very much that the South African government would want to discredit a highly respected judge, who has sat on a very long case and put forward to the world how 'merciful' the SA court system is (her words).

I reckon the judge was dammed if she did and damned if she didn't. All she could do was put forward a considered and highly detailed justification which was beyond reproach.

• Like 1

In reality 10 months is still a long time, and according to quotes the rest of the time he will be under house arrest.

Pretty fair given the circumstances that the prosecution failed to prove he intentionally intended to kill her.

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

I don't know were everyone is getting this 10 month thing, the rags in SA say he will have to serve 1/3 of his sentence before he can be " paroled " ie 20 months not 10

attachicon.gifimages (2).jpg

I don't know were everyone is getting this 10 month thing, the rags in SA say he will have to serve 1/3 of his sentence before he can be " paroled " ie 20 months not 10

Woefully inadequate whatever time he serves.