I have finally woke up to reality

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are individuals everywhere, the world is full of them.

Good ones and bad ones.

They come in all shapes , sizes, colours, race and creed.

Picking the right person to partner with is essential for longevity.

The 'warning signs' for bad are always visible, one just needs to be aware and look for them.

A leopard rarely changes it's spots & therefore if the warning signs are there at the start of the relationship, don't be fooled to think you can change the person.

FINALLY. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Now you are free.....Go forward, allow the 'little' you to party with all the eager, willing and waiting PYT's, but never allow the little head to lead the big head back into one of these traps. ENJOY. smile.png

it could be more complicated than that. A counsellor once told me that an abuser and an abusee (enabler) who had never met could walk into a room full of 1000 strangers and find each other in 10 minutes flat!

Hmmm....never really looked at it that way.....500 ok as well ?

Good OP that the signs were easy visible.....dont blame your self for trying.....

Do not listen to most of these posts, that sound like you are the problem. I would that there are quite a few of us that have gone through something similar. There will be those that say...my girl never asks for money and tells her family to bugger off after an afternoon of visits. Figure the odds.

You were doing what most of us are trained to do....trying to make the wife happy. Nothing wrong with that. It creeps up on you, and we are almost always, the outsider/financier. I am not set up for that, but I have tried to do that in the past. Cost me a marriage. My children were taught by their mom. Thank goodness two are grown, but I have an inkling that my 15 year old son has been listening to his Asian family (mom passed away). The stories I hear are incredible...but always concern money. He has a second father (long secret from me, but his mom told him to tell me of this in her final days in the hospital). Sometimes things get so dramatic, that they cannot possibly be true.

Give what you can afford. Walk away if you feel you lost your self respect. I did.

4 years and she would rarely visit him? anyone that allows it to go on that long has a problem.

• Like 2

Do not listen to most of these posts, that sound like you are the problem. I would that there are quite a few of us that have gone through something similar. There will be those that say...my girl never asks for money and tells her family to bugger off after an afternoon of visits. Figure the odds.

You were doing what most of us are trained to do....trying to make the wife happy. Nothing wrong with that. It creeps up on you, and we are almost always, the outsider/financier. I am not set up for that, but I have tried to do that in the past. Cost me a marriage. My children were taught by their mom. Thank goodness two are grown, but I have an inkling that my 15 year old son has been listening to his Asian family (mom passed away). The stories I hear are incredible...but always concern money. He has a second father (long secret from me, but his mom told him to tell me of this in her final days in the hospital). Sometimes things get so dramatic, that they cannot possibly be true.

Give what you can afford. Walk away if you feel you lost your self respect. I did.

4 years and she would rarely visit him? anyone that allows it to go on that long has a problem.

She is the problem.. Not him. Read the first line of my last post.

Edited by slipperylobster

Flyingsaucersarereal:

I wouldn't lose any sleep over your breakup.

Based on the dynamic you described, I suspect breaking up is healthy for you as well as for her.

It sounds like the "reality" of your relationship was that this woman didn't enjoy being alone in the same room with you.

I would ask myself why you put up with this for as long as you did. At the risk of sounding nosy, I'd be curious to hear the answer as well.

Best of luck finding a girl who you have better chemistry with in the future.

Glad you got out before you lost more then just a few $$, congrats.

My question/statement to others is

why do something that you would never do back home!

personally, if I had to pay for most things like dates, meals etc for a girl, that I could except regardless of country

but lifestyle expenses, eg rent, mortgage, car loans, utlities, pocket money for her let alone family, I would run faster then usain Bolt!!

She is the problem.. Not him. Read the first line of my last post.

Not true. someone who puts up with that for 4 years has a problem. Some call it co-dependence

Just take a minute to tell her why it is over. She and her family must learn that you don't treat your farang partner like that. Spread the word, we are not an ATM.

people like her will treat farang like that if the farang ALLOW themselves to be treated like that. its the farang that need educating.

• Like 1

Yes, you must have a white skinned Chinese-Thai Hi-so wife (Don't forget her MBA) whose family is rich and has connections with the army and police. They will support you and treat you as a god. Thats what all the TV members have......cheesy.gif

Your were right to leave as it would definitely get worst before it would get better.

Why should you carry their problem's on your back, your free now and probable will learn a lot form this dysfunctional family.

Next time choose someone more wisely and find a lady from a more respectably family and background.

Good Luck.

• Like 2