Europeans not revise planned visits to Thailand despite Koh Tao murders: Survey

webfact

Headline reads Europeans not revise planned visits to Thaialnd,,, the research states 39% indicated that they might change their plans.

39% is a huge number so how does the heading fit this story?

Anyway, if people find out that this was and is corrupt then I am 100% sure it will be a huge blow for Thailands popularity as a tourist destination.

• Like 1

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This "survey" was carried out by a THAI company called Index Creative Village

http://indexcreativevillage.com/home-page/ - they are only a strategic partner of the New York based company. Therefore this survey means nothing! only working for the tourist department. Shame on them! Done playing and trying to capitalize on the brutal murders of these young people

This company http://www.envirosell.com/ specailises in in-store research and their website looks like something you create on one of these template sites.

Yes - as reliable as dear leader's 93% approval rating. There must be something in the Army manuals these days about using compliant "research" data to counter dreadful real world public opinion. Wasn't data issued yesterday that said the exact opposite of this new "research'?

Edit: oh and here we have Envirosell Thailand: http://indexcreativevillage.com/envirosell-thailand/ Handy if you want to know where to put the cornflakes in your store - not exactly world leaders in market research.

OH!! come on Snig27 you can't do that!! That is VERY UNFAIR doing some due diligence. Whats next? Asking how many of these people were intending to even take a holiday or if THEY would actually visit Koh Tao? giggle.gif

That's just not cricket...

edit: spelling

Edited by bongoz

yeah, that's why the big shots are smiling and don't see any reason to change.

IF such a survey is representative then "we" f... get what "we" deserve and "we" just shut up and complain... coz we don't deserve any better... if "we" don't care, why would "they" care...!!?

Dead tourist is not really an issue for them if the tourists keep coming, proven plenty of times ....

I think it's probably right.

I said the other day that this will be forgotten as time goes on and people will still come to Thailand and koh Tao for their holidays.

Here's an example there has been 1000s of replies concerning the accused Burmese workers and all sorts of detective work carried out by the TVF experts

Well a mother and two children ages 9 and 3 have been murdered over 700 baht and two Burmese 16 year workers arrested .

Total replies to date 22

My point being some people just aren't interested and will carry on with their lives regardless and go on holidays to Thailand and go to koh Tao.

You might boo me but I'm willing to bet now people are already making plans.

The truth of the matter is I have never heard about the story you have mentioned. If I had I certainly would have taken a interest. I haven't got all day to scroll through all the posts on this forum. I don't even read all the ones in the daily email...

39 % is a lot ... Seems lite a pretty big issue...

If only about half of those decide to make other plans... That means 20% of those that were planning to come to Thailand will cancel there booking ...

A drop of 20% is huge...

And that is only a poll of those already planing to come to Thailand...

And does not account for those that plan to go on a vacation but haven't decided where yet..

How many of those will now choose Thailand?

Based on the stats... It seems that the headline is not accurate...

Forty percent of people who have scheduled holidays to Thailand are thinking of revising their travel plans? And that's spun as good news?

Haha. If it's actually true, it's a disaster. In nearly every business, you make your money off the top end of your turnover. The rest goes to pay your fixed costs and overheads. Losing forty percent of turnover at a stroke would be catastrophic!

" 39 percent indicated they might review their plan, depending on the developments of the murder case on Koh Tao." - and these are people who have BOOKED or PLANNED already.....how about the people who simply decided to go elsewhere and spend their money?

Forty percent of people who have scheduled holidays to Thailand are thinking of revising their travel plans? And that's spun as good news?

Haha. If it's actually true, it's a disaster. In nearly every business, you make your money off the top end of your turnover. The rest goes to pay your fixed costs and overheads. Losing forty percent of turnover at a stroke would be catastrophic!

Not what was said in the article.

Wasn't it just last week that they said British tourism is down 10% and Chinese down 30%?

these are people who have already planned a visit....presumably they got contacted through travel agents?

it doesn't include people who have decided not to go at all.

• Like 1

I like Antarctica - but I do not want to visit there.

I like Saturn and I do not want to go there either.

What is really troubling is the way people want to look at people saying out of context. I believe they will use this to propogandarise the situation to say Thailand is great visitors are flocking when in fact this is stating 39% are RECONSIDERING plans.

Now if 39% of my clinical patients were reconsidering another GP then I would be really worried!

This says a lot about how this case has really come to the fore that people are now fed up with being exploited. When you have no end of money to throw around you take risks.

When you have to really consider your money, as many do now, then you really look at options.

39% Thailand. 39% That is worrisome.

• Like 1

Mmmm., well I had 12 people coming to visit me on the anniversary of my arrival here next February and they have ALL said they are not coming. They don't feel it is safe to come. Enviro sell? Who are they?

I have had no problems here or at any if the places I have visited but this Koh Tao situation indicates there is an under-current here I have not seen.

Maybe the percentage that are still coming can't get refunds

Keep in mind that this wonderful country thrives on tourism. It is good news. After all in every country in the world bad things happen and there are bad people.

Simply amazing the number of supposedly educated Farongs who don't know that. Fortunately for them they have some of the most honest news papers in the world to give them all the real truth. cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif

Maybe they read the generals remarks. If you are ugly and do not wear bikinis then you will be fine.

Nope.

I think you'll find that's just you talking BS and making political capital out of a tragic event.

But then I think you already know that.

• Like 2

Most Europeans who have plans to visit Thailand do not rethink their visits after the murders of the two British tourists on Koh Tao

it is only because in foreign countries nobody talked about it... mainly the people dont know about this and how this affair is going on

coffee1.gif

• Like 1