Farang husbands providing massive boost to Isaan economy

Jonathan Fairfield

Farang going to Isaan.

Farang leaving Isaan.

If an Farang gets taken to the cleaners by a 3rd grade educated Thai farm girl he would have been easy pickings anywhere.

Farang married and living in Issan are having a better life for half of what their sad brothers in the snow are experiencing. For every 1 that has a bad experience there are 10 happy guys who don't have to brag but are doing just fine. Americans retire in Thailand. Thais don't retire in America.

Thais go to America to make money and having done that come home. The same as many of us did who served in the Army in Thailand as young men.

• Like 2

Farang married and living in Issan are having a better life for half of what their sad brothers in the snow are experiencing.

As someone who visits a couple of times a year this isn`t the impression I get. Most villages have a farrang bar full of sad, desperate and angry old men, cursing the day they ever got conned into building there, dreaming of their first few years in Thailand down in Pattaya.

There are of course exceptions and I`ve met a few who genuinely seem happy, (or are great actors) but most seem like social outcasts who despite being surrounded by "family" are more lonely than the old bloke back in a UK council flat beside the fire.

• Like 1

Farang married and living in Issan are having a better life for half of what their sad brothers in the snow are experiencing.

As someone who visits a couple of times a year this isn`t the impression I get. Most villages have a farrang bar full of sad, desperate and angry old men, cursing the day they ever got conned into building there, dreaming of their first few years in Thailand down in Pattaya.

There are of course exceptions and I`ve met a few who genuinely seem happy, (or are great actors) but most seem like social outcasts who despite being surrounded by "family" are more lonely than the old bloke back in a UK council flat beside the fire.

You may be correct for that crowd. I avoid bars. Alcohol is a depressant and people who drink it are depressed. They are the kind who get conned. Check out the bird watchers or cycling enthusiasts never a frown.

Edited by thailiketoo

I have yet to see a Farang Bar in a village, I haven't even seen one in a district town, although I think the larger ones have them. It's even hard to find them in some Provincial Cities. The Farang I know in Isaan are the same as Farang everywhere, some are happy and some aren't. However I only know of one who has gone back, or so he says, but he ends up back here every winter.

• Like 2

You got to be kidding! I spent almost that much myself in Surin Province, building a house and store on her family land and improving the lives of lots of her family members, only to be discarded like an empty rice bag when my money ran out! No wonder it is called the Land of Smiles!

I've seen your other posts. I'd really love real about your Thailand adventure. Like how you got here, how exactly your wife's family discarded you, and your status now.

• Like 1

Well, I remember coming home to my little village laden with bags of "stuff"

girl next door asked my GF where she got all that "stuff"

My GF pointed to me and said "my farang" (in Isaan of course)

at which point the girl turned to her mom and said, "mom, I want to go to Bangkok and get a farang."

Mom, said " no, you are too young. Have to wait a few years."

And so it continues....If farangs stopped showing up, they would probably build bamboo gogo poles to lure us back like the cargo cults do.

excuse me pease ,

I will be available, again soon . clap2.gif

• Like 1

I have yet to see a Farang Bar in a village, I haven't even seen one in a district town,

In the area my Mrs hails from (Lahan Sai, Buriram) any surrounding town with a population over about 4k has one. (Lahan Sai, Prakon Chai, Nang Rong, Ban Kruat) My travels to other parts of Issan such as Khon Kaen revealed similar experiences.

I have a beautiful young Isaan girl. If she asks for money she is usually content with a very small sum.

She tells me she loves me nearly every day; sometimes its because I have bought her something nice, but often it's just the simple things that trigger it, like a nighttime hug or pushing her on a swing.

Jennifer will be 5 in 10 days time. The detractors on here forget that an Isaan relationship is multidimensionalthumbsup.gif

• Like 2

fat+old+money = love from young woman that could be his daughter or granddaughter

time to go see a head doctor

No, Kap ,

what is the alternative , having a golden oldie in the West , wearing bloomers

No thanks, I would rather die with dignity, looking at a beautiful young, Isaan tourist attraction, who I met in Pattaya.

Remember , nobody put a gun to your head , to buy a house / car / gold , etc

you made your own mistakes , and do not blame others , for your bad decisions.

Kap. wai2.gif

Edited by elliss

I have a beautiful young Isaan girl. If she asks for money she is usually content with a very small sum.

She tells me she loves me nearly every day; sometimes its because I have bought her something nice, but often it's just the simple things that trigger it, like a nighttime hug or pushing her on a swing.

Jennifer will be 5 in 10 days time. The detractors on here forget that an Isaan relationship is multidimensionalthumbsup.gif

I hope you are her dad.

Edited by KuhnPaen
  • Like 1

I hope you are her dad.

You sir have a bad mind 555

I hope you are her dad.

Below the belt!