Koh Tao: Prosecutors unfazed by retraction of confession in British tourists' killing

webfact

Considering how high this must be going, and the amount of press and social media coverage, I would say 120 is just the start.

Question is, how much higher can they go before the cash runs out? Can't be much topping up the coffers at the moment.

And again, utter tripe.

Just something to keep the conspiracy theorists interested.

So why are so vested in this? Tell me again what exactly it is you do? I take it you're an expat so what do you do for living?
Irrelevant and off topic.

Says you... It's a fair question due to your prejudice to this case.

No it is not. I have no connection to Koh Tao other than some friends there. No friend of mine has been accused of anything. I have no financial ties to the island.

I am not the topic.

Edited by jdinasia

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So back on topic, wonder what is left of the "5 pillars of compelling evidence" which were put forward.

1) confession - retracted

2) mobile phone - been shown to be questionable. Possibly planted, possibly the phone which was handed to police.

3) DNA - what can I say

4) witness: retracted and not been mentioned again.

5) CCTV - yes the boys were spotted on the island on a motorbike. ( not even sure how that is relevant)

So they are not fazed but not exactly much of the 5 pillars still standing.

• Like 2

So back on topic, wonder what is left of the "5 pillars of compelling evidence" which were put forward.

2) mobile phone - been shown to be questionable. Possibly planted, possibly the phone which was handed to police.

3) DNA - what can I say

5) CCTV - yes the boys were spotted on the island on a motorbike. ( not even sure how that is relevant)

And the other side...

Confessions still stand but the judges decide how credible they are in light of recantation.

They have the phone. Conspiracy theories don't matter.

Witness. Hasn't testified. 3 others did.

DNA will be in.

CCTV shows the suspects together with the material witness.

More (and important) witnesses from the HRC etc. "we raped her but didn't kill her "

3) DNA - what can I say

And the other side...

Confessions still stand but the judges decide how credible they are in light of recantation.

DNA will be in.

More (and important) witnesses from the HRC etc. "we raped her but didn't kill her "

This should be fun........

Confessions withdrawn after claims of torture.

Phone was handed in by friend.

Witness confirmed he knew nothing and suspects were in bed as normal.

DNA - this is the unknown. Is it credible?

Cctv - 3 boys on a bike. Where was that? Cctv of the running man is more compelling.

Need I go on.

3) DNA - what can I say

And the other side...

DNA will be in.

This should be fun........

Confessions withdrawn after claims of torture.

Phone was handed in by friend.

Witness confirmed he knew nothing and suspects were in bed as normal.

DNA - this is the unknown. Is it credible?

Cctv - 3 boys on a bike. Where was that? Cctv of the running man is more compelling.

Need I go on.

Again confessions stand. Secondary comments to HRC rep confirm rape. Judges decide.

Different phone. You are thinking about Hannah's phone (already in the UK by the time the conspiracy theorists started bleating.

Material witness still has not testified. He was on the motorcycle and at the beach.

CCTV places material witness with the killers.

DNA will be in the case. Confirming rape.

David's phone was found next to him.

Not material witness on bike I guess? He was the one who said they were back in bed as normal.

DNA .......cannot comment in this due to lack of understanding on credibility of any DNA evidence in this case.

Wrong.

Wrong (material witness has not testified. 3 others did)

DNA evidence will stand up in court.

No it is not. I have no connection to Koh Tao other than some friends there. No friend of mine has been accused of anything. I have no financial ties to the island.

I am not the topic.

Some of your friends on KT are divemasters. Presumably they don't run a diving school as a charity, so why be economical with the truth. You have the business interests of these friends to consider. In one of your earlier posts you said it was good that the trial, whenever that might be will be heard by judges and not a jury. A jury might take days, even weeks to reach a verdict. An early, brief trial and guilty verdict by the judges on the 2 Myanmar men would surely benefit many KT businesses. I say this because having read most of your posts, this is the underlying crux of your texts. My conclusion is that you prefer EXPEDIENCY to real JUSTICE!

Joe...

I have no financial ties to the island. Yes my friends do.

Jury trials often take less time in the US than tribunals do in Thailand. This will not be a short trial if only to make the UK feel better.

Joe...

Jury trials often take less time in the US than tribunals do in Thailand. This will not be a short trial if only to make the UK feel better.

Thai courts don't have juries it's down to the judge on the day, which is why the Justice system needs a major overhaul and reformation.

You telling me that the judge can't be "bought"

Prior to the sentence To make sure the result is the right one for certain parties ??

Witha jury of random civilians with no ties to the courts or the laws they can deliberate based on the evidence that was presented thats not going to happen here as they seem to have alreadyade up their minds of their guilt, to hell with trivial stuff such as Evidence etc.

Joe...

Thai courts don't have juries it's down to the judge on the day, which is why the Justice system needs a major overhaul and reformation.

You telling me that the judge can't be "bought"

Prior to the sentence To make sure the result is the right one for certain parties ??

Witha jury of random civilians with no ties to the courts or the laws they can deliberate based on the evidence that was presented thats not going to happen here as they seem to have alreadyade up their minds of their guilt, to hell with trivial stuff such as Evidence etc.

The post you quoted stated that Thai courts use a tribunal. More than one judge.

Yes I am stating they can't be bought.