kookaburra in Thailand ?

tim armstrong

it was probably a Gowwow. bird. as the Thais call it.

There use to be a Bird now extincted in Thailand, It was called a winkywankybird, its fore skin was attached to its eye lids. people us to flick things at it, it eventually wanked itself to death.

Edited by Thongkorn
  • Like 1

Tim...No it wasnt....The closest thing to an Aussie bird here is the Crow....sounds the same but a bit different in colours.

Ask any Kookaburra, and the answer will be "Too bloody hot mate".....biggrin.png

Years ago I was looking at a car in Thailand and asked if it came with a sunroof option and the salesman looking at my skin colour laughed and said, 'Too hot in Thailand for a sunroof'. Strange I thought because the weather in Oz can be a lot hotter than Thailand, depending on what corner of the great land ur standing on.

Kookaburras are Devine creatures.......I'd hate to see one in LOS, It would probably end up in a cage :(

• Like 1

Tim...No it wasnt....The closest thing to an Aussie bird here is the Crow....sounds the same but a bit different in colours.

Ask any Kookaburra, and the answer will be "Too bloody hot mate".....biggrin.png

Years ago I was looking at a car in Thailand and asked if it came with a sunroof option and the salesman looking at my skin colour laughed and said, 'Too hot in Thailand for a sunroof'. Strange I thought because the weather in Oz can be a lot hotter than Thailand, depending on what corner of the great land ur standing on.

Kookaburras are Devine creatures.......I'd hate to see one in LOS, It would probably end up in a cage sad.png

More likely on a dinner plate rather than in a cage facepalm.gif

It's almost certainly a Coucal.

Google it and you will find sound recordings you can compare with what you are hearing.

Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I think you were spot on and we do have quite a lot of them around the house and garden. Curious birds, at first they seem a bit scared but then don't take much notice of us. Someone told me they are sought after by collectors and a pair can get 20,000 baht. But I'd rather see them in their own habitat and not caged.

Kookaburras are Devine creatures.......I'd hate to see one in LOS, It would probably end up in a cage sad.png

They sell Sugar Gliders at Chatuchak market, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kookaburra turn up.

They sell Sugar Gliders at Chatuchak market, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a Kookaburra turn up.

I'd be shattered. I get real riled up easily, like u would of noticed over the years 555555