Parents of Myanmar murder suspects arrive at Samui

Lite Beer

Parents of Myanmar murder suspects arrive at Samui

10-23-2014-8-59-31-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

Koh Samui: -- Parents of the two Myanmar murder suspects, accompanied by officials from the Myanmar Embassy in Thailand arrived in Samui on Thursday and they would be visiting their sons at the prison on Samui provincial prison on Friday.

An official from the Myanmar Embassy in Thailand responsible for coordinating on the case, Mo Wai revealed that the parents of the Myanmar suspect, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Tun, have already traveled from Bangkok to Samui Island.

They would be visiting their sons at the Koh Samui Prison at 9 am tomorrow.

Both suspects’ parents have also voiced that they do not believe that their children would have committed such crime.

He has asked that police officers from Koh Samui and Bor Put police stations, as well as tourist and customs police mobilised more officers to provide 24-hour services and safety protection for visitors on Sairee Beach and other risk locations.

Moreover, the police would set up checkpoints at piers to examine suspicious persons.

He added he also has proposed to the Royal Thai Police to set up a police station on Koh Tao island to provide better safety and police services to tourists locally, which he expected the budget for the construction to be approved by next year.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/parents-myanmar-murder-suspects-arrive-samui/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-23

I really feel so sorry for those poor people.

If there is any justice in this world, those two boys wiil soon be able to travel home!

Good job of social media to keep this case alive. Keep posting until those two kids are safely back in Myanmar!!

If there is any justice in this world we will see soon enough.

I'm against the way Thai police conducted this investigation.

I'm against Thai police torturing the suspects.

I'm against the lack of legal representation these people had.

But I still don't know if they are the real murderers.

I hope the British police will shed some light on this.

But even on that I have my doubts.

Till I'm convinced that they are, or they are not the real murderers they haven't got my sympathy.

Good that the social media is keeping it alive so at some point we will have the real truth.

But please don't presume they are innocent just because the social media says so.

Good to see visiting rights are being forced on the RTP

I certainly dont presume guilt based on the RTP claims under abuse and rights before there's even been a trial.

Costas presumed innocent is exactly how justice is supposed to work and does work in most of the world until proven otherwise beyond doubt in a court of law.

All people have ever wanted is a professional and comprehensive investigation and the truth, instead we have had a farce. No one cares the nationality of the real killers just that the real ones and ALL are caught.

We all know the way to get to the truth here, its not difficult if they wish, thats upto the Thai powers that be and can be solved immediately if they want.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 2

Just another day for the RTP, they are so full of incompetence that this is just another family from another country who the RPT don't think understand Thailand, what's hard to stomach is that no one including their population don't understand the RTP, it has the morals of a soi dog and very few members if given the chance wouldn't decline a under the counter bribe, The RTP reputation abroad is one of humorous jokes and distrusted as corrupt , nice going Thailand and you talk about reforms General , well there's a challenge, the RTP.bah.gif

• Like 1

I really hope, the lawyers who accompany the parents, are clever enough to take DNA samples of the 2 suspects and hands them out to the British police officers.

They could then compare the newly collected samples with the DNA they (should have) found on the victim's bodies.

Maybe just a hair is enough?

Only this way, it can be made 100% watertight that RTP hasn't messed around with the DNA.

And even if the DNA then fits, this is not a proof that the 2 Burmese have murdered the young tourists. It just says that they've been in contact with the victims.

Especially in the case of semen on Hannah's body. We're talking about two different charges against the suspects: Rape and murder.

The semen could have been left there by a post-mortem rape as well...!

I know this is very unlikely, but DNA doesn't prove everything. Just sayin'.

Edited by Charlie1

If there is any justice in this world, those two boys wiil soon be able to travel home!

Good job of social media to keep this case alive. Keep posting until those two kids are safely back in Myanmar!!

Till I'm convinced that they are, or they are not the real murderers they haven't got my sympathy.

Good that the social media is keeping it alive so at some point we will have the real truth.

But please don't presume they are innocent just because the social media says so.

Fair enough!

But it would be very easy for the police to silence their loudest critics on social media.

Simply by DNA-testing the two people most people think are the real culprits, do it publicly, and let it be followed from swab to testresult by a neutral agency. Don't leave it out of sight for a second, we don't want "mistakes" to happen!

If those tests free the two guys, I am willing to reconsider, but not before!!

The RTP may more often than not lamentable. This case - inept, local police out of their depth, more concern on the tourist buck etc etc then whiffs of cover ups and corruption.

I don't know if these 2 are guilty or not. That remains to be proven and as such they should be presumed innocent. I do know appearances are deceptive and have been lied to by some equally looking innocent young Asians who were thieving recently.

However, for any police force anywhere in the world to bow to "social media critics" and change procedure on 1 case would be a disaster. Every criminal will then adopt this tactic, social media lobbyists will be out in force and we are back to trial by the media, this time social rather than the news barons.

Yes it would be an easy way out for the police. Let the British test, or an independent agency. But, that would mean tacit acceptance that the RTP cannot be trusted. Do you think any police force would allow that? All previous cases would then be subject to appeal.

There are too many people who, based on facebook and other sites, have decided they know more than the police, have appointed themselves the judge and not only reached a verdict on these 2 but are willing to state who the guilty are. And all without leaving their keyboards. Frightening.

• Like 1

Mom and Dad, you know me well. You know I am incapable of such a heinous act. I was working for Nomsod, and he forced me to carry the bodies from their guest house, to the beach. His gang told me I would lose my job, and they would beat me up, if I did not help them move the dead English folks. So, I did help. I should have known Nomsod was too much of a coward to take the fall. He has been deflecting blame for all the time I have been working for his father. You should see the problems he creates. Every day it is something different. He is just a bad egg. It would have been a beautiful thing for humanity if he was arrested for the crime he committed, as it would have gotten a very, very bad man, and a homicidal maniac off the streets. But, instead my friend and I were framed. As you know mother, we do not have a million dollars to hire the kind of legal team we would need to get off, from under this charge. Also, if we had that kind of money, I am sure we could find a prosecutor or judge that would be our best friend. But, we do not, and the Thai police and government seem determined to see this through, in order to protect the status quo, not rock the boat one tiny bit and make sure that the rich and powerful continue to enjoy their lives of complete immunity from prosecution, for any crime, regardless of the magnitude. Sorry Mom and Dad. I picked the wrong country to work in.

It's sad that you post spurious unsupported biased drivel like this.

Do you think it helps anyone posting make believe.

Moreover, maybe it opens you up to charges of defamation and libel.

I really hope, the lawyers who accompany the parents, are clever enough to take DNA samples of the 2 suspects and hands them out to the British police officers.

They could then compare the newly collected samples with the DNA they (should have) found on the victim's bodies.

Maybe just a hair is enough?

Only this way, it can be made 100% watertight that RTP hasn't messed around with the DNA.

And even if the DNA then fits, this is not a proof that the 2 Burmese have murdered the young tourists. It just says that they've been in contact with the victims.

Especially in the case of semen on Hannah's body. We're talking about two different charges against the suspects: Rape and murder.

The semen could have been left there by a post-mortem rape as well...!

I know this is very unlikely, but DNA doesn't prove everything. Just sayin'.

facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

Mom and Dad, you know me well. You know I am incapable of such a heinous act. I was working for Nomsod, and he forced me to carry the bodies from their guest house, to the beach. His gang told me I would lose my job, and they would beat me up, if I did not help them move the dead English folks. So, I did help. I should have known Nomsod was too much of a coward to take the fall. He has been deflecting blame for all the time I have been working for his father. You should see the problems he creates. Every day it is something different. He is just a bad egg. It would have been a beautiful thing for humanity if he was arrested for the crime he committed, as it would have gotten a very, very bad man, and a homicidal maniac off the streets. But, instead my friend and I were framed. As you know mother, we do not have a million dollars to hire the kind of legal team we would need to get off, from under this charge. Also, if we had that kind of money, I am sure we could find a prosecutor or judge that would be our best friend. But, we do not, and the Thai police and government seem determined to see this through, in order to protect the status quo, not rock the boat one tiny bit and make sure that the rich and powerful continue to enjoy their lives of complete immunity from prosecution, for any crime, regardless of the magnitude. Sorry Mom and Dad. I picked the wrong country to work in.

It's sad that you post spurious unsupported biased drivel like this.

Do you think it helps anyone posting make believe.

Moreover, maybe it opens you up to charges of defamation and libel.

Maybe. But, I for one am not just going to sit around and drink the kool aid. Then reality is, that he does not have to employ the legal system. He just sends out his goon squad. Remember, they are above the law.

Edited by spidermike007

Fair enough!

But it would be very easy for the police to silence their loudest critics on social media.

Simply by DNA-testing the two people most people think are the real culprits, do it publicly, and let it be followed from swab to testresult by a neutral agency. Don't leave it out of sight for a second, we don't want "mistakes" to happen!

If those tests free the two guys, I am willing to reconsider, but not before!!

The RTP may more often than not lamentable. This case - inept, local police out of their depth, more concern on the tourist buck etc etc then whiffs of cover ups and corruption.

I don't know if these 2 are guilty or not. That remains to be proven and as such they should be presumed innocent. I do know appearances are deceptive and have been lied to by some equally looking innocent young Asians who were thieving recently.

However, for any police force anywhere in the world to bow to "social media critics" and change procedure on 1 case would be a disaster. Every criminal will then adopt this tactic, social media lobbyists will be out in force and we are back to trial by the media, this time social rather than the news barons.

Yes it would be an easy way out for the police. Let the British test, or an independent agency. But, that would mean tacit acceptance that the RTP cannot be trusted. Do you think any police force would allow that? All previous cases would then be subject to appeal.

There are too many people who, based on facebook and other sites, have decided they know more than the police, have appointed themselves the judge and not only reached a verdict on these 2 but are willing to state who the guilty are. And all without leaving their keyboards. Frightening.

It is not a matter of knowing more than the police. My theory is the police know everything they need to know about this case. But, do you honestly believe there are not families here that are being protected? And so? What if it is one of the these families? What if the police know everything, but refuse to go after these people? What then? CCTV footage has been suppressed. Eyewitness accounts have been made to disappear. Eye witnesses will not speak up now. What do we make of all that? How can the police be trusted? What have they done to earn that trust?

Well said. Please support these families in their fight for justice. Please give if you can and pass this link to your friends if so inclined. http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/justice-koh-tao-murder-case/246839#

Parents of murder suspects ask for justice
By Digital Content

14141370926157-640x390x1.jpg

SURAT THANI, Oct 24 -- The parents of two Myanmar suspects accused of killing two British tourists on an island in southern Thailand more than a month ago, asked Thai prosecutors for justice today, asserting that their sons are innocent and were forced to confess to the killing.

The parents of the two Myanmar migrant workers -- Win Zaw Htun and Zaw Lin -- who had traveled from Myanmar earlier visited their sons at the prison on Ko Samui, a popular island resort in the Gulf of Thailand off the southern coastal province of Surat Thani, early on Friday.

They were accompanied by the chairman of the Arakan law network in Myanmar.

Upon arriving at the prison, the parents of Win Zaw Htun wept and told journalists that they had decided to visit their son to boost his morale and to urge him to speak the truth. They said they still have confidence in the Thai judicial process.

The parents of the two suspects later submitted a letter to Thiravut Phramhun, deputy public prosecutor attached to Ko Samui, asking for justice for their sons.

In return, Mr Thiravut reportedly told them that fairness and justice would be given to every party.

The bodies of Hannah Victoria Witheridge, 23, and David William Miller, 24, were found on a beach on Ko Tao, an island neighbouring Ko Samui, early on September 15.

Both had been brutally murdered while Miss Witheridge was also raped. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-10-24

Parents of murder suspects ask for justice

By Digital Content

SURAT THANI, Oct 24 -- The parents of two Myanmar suspects accused of killing two British tourists on an island in southern Thailand more than a month ago, asked Thai prosecutors for justice today, asserting that their sons are innocent and were forced to confess to the killing.

But they are evidences, DNA test, witness and CCTV record who prove that the two suspects were present on the crime scene.....whistling.gif

The 2 suspects haven't got alibi the night of the crime.

Only court after trial can declare the defendants will be guilty or innocent......

OK so your charging the people ( social media ) with getting in the way and involved with the current legal justice system in Thailand right ? and its a slippery slope etc etc I get you. Fair point.

So lets take that point seriously as its a good one.

We rely on the law and police in all countries as a corner stone of society, we do this because they are in a position of trust and service. When that service and trust works all well and good, when it breaks down or fails repeatedly the trust goes, when the trust goes so does the respect and with it credibility.

If The RTP did a professional job and could be trusted this would already be solved and real killers in jail ive no doubt and no social outrage.

But it isnt like that so the question is when the police fail in both trust and ability and are prepared it seems to kill possibly more innocents by scapegoat what are people to do ? who do they complain to the police ? .... governments are supposed to hold their police to account but what happens when they repeatedly dont or wont ?

This isnt a parking ticket it gets no more serious than when the taking of a life carries the death penalty.The RTP have shown a tendency to not only abuse their trust but also obstruct the course of justice, ruining the crime scene, false accusations, negligent of duty, torture and possibly fit people up on a murder charge that carries the death penalty,

This is unacceptable no less than the murders themselves. In this case its international victims suspected international scapegoats and so not just Thai have been forced to get involved.

Like anything some people on social media can get carried away sure but the call for independent DNA testing and proper investigation in absence of any quality or consistency and competence by RTP has been perfectly reasonable. Its got louder only as the RTP have become less trustworthy or willing to do the job properly and the Thai government refuses to hold the RTP to account. People have been left with no one to turn to but themselves.

This isnt trial by social media at all this is people simply demanding what the RTP should be already doing as a daily job, A professional and trustworthy one. They wont do that and the Thai gov wont make them so people are demanding another professional screening that is trustworthy and professional, all perfectly logical and reasonable.

To serve and protect is what police are for................ when the police serve themselves first and protect those who pay the highest who holds them to account ? The establishment is supposed to watch the police do serve and protect the public equally and fairly, but that has failed here too.

Who watches the watchers when this happens ??? the answer is when an establishment fails the people then the people must be the watcher and when required force the establishment itself to do the job it is supposed to ...

All the RTP ever had to do was their jobs professionally and with integrity.......... no more no less.

Its not social media that is the problem..... it is the establishment that has failed the people,

Great post Englishoak, I am 100 % with you

OK so your charging the people ( social media ) with getting in the way and involved with the current legal justice system in Thailand right ? and its a slippery slope etc etc I get you. Fair point.

So lets take that point seriously as its a good one.

We rely on the law and police in all countries as a corner stone of society, we do this because they are in a position of trust and service. When that service and trust works all well and good, when it breaks down or fails repeatedly the trust goes, when the trust goes so does the respect and with it credibility.

If The RTP did a professional job and could be trusted this would already be solved and real killers in jail ive no doubt and no social outrage.

But it isnt like that so the question is when the police fail in both trust and ability and are prepared it seems to kill possibly more innocents by scapegoat what are people to do ? who do they complain to the police ? .... governments are supposed to hold their police to account but what happens when they repeatedly dont or wont ?

This isnt a parking ticket it gets no more serious than when the taking of a life carries the death penalty.The RTP have shown a tendency to not only abuse their trust but also obstruct the course of justice, ruining the crime scene, false accusations, negligent of duty, torture and possibly fit people up on a murder charge that carries the death penalty,

This is unacceptable no less than the murders themselves. In this case its international victims suspected international scapegoats and so not just Thai have been forced to get involved.

Like anything some people on social media can get carried away sure but the call for independent DNA testing and proper investigation in absence of any quality or consistency and competence by RTP has been perfectly reasonable. Its got louder only as the RTP have become less trustworthy or willing to do the job properly and the Thai government refuses to hold the RTP to account. People have been left with no one to turn to but themselves.

This isnt trial by social media at all this is people simply demanding what the RTP should be already doing as a daily job, A professional and trustworthy one. They wont do that and the Thai gov wont make them so people are demanding another professional screening that is trustworthy and professional, all perfectly logical and reasonable.

To serve and protect is what police are for................ when the police serve themselves first and protect those who pay the highest who holds them to account ? The establishment is supposed to watch the police do serve and protect the public equally and fairly, but that has failed here too.

Who watches the watchers when this happens ??? the answer is when an establishment fails the people then the people must be the watcher and when required force the establishment itself to do the job it is supposed to ...

All the RTP ever had to do was their jobs professionally and with integrity.......... no more no less.

Its not social media that is the problem..... it is the establishment that has failed the people,

Great post Englishoak, I am 100 % with you

I agree with the sentiments, completely. However, it is noticeable that up until 23rd Sept the RTP were on track to resolve this investigation - suspects

had been identified. But on the following day a complete turnaround occurred - the so-called suspects weren't anymore, and the ensuing alleged 'cover-up' by a new team of RTP has spread right through this case up until the present day. And the problem with any falsification, if it has occurred, is that it can never be perfect, logically. In other words, by its very nature, there can never be a perfect cover-up.

I still believe this case will be brought to trial, with the debatable 'assurances' from the prosecutors given to the suspects family, see following:

The parents of the two suspects later submitted a letter to Thiravut Phramhun, deputy public prosecutor attached to Ko Samui, asking for justice for their sons.

In return, Mr Thiravut reportedly told them that fairness and justice would be given to every party.

Edited by stephen terry

Very nice that justice will be given to all parties. Not sure I believe it.

When people refer the big turnaround of the case around 23-25 September, was that a change in police in charge?

Is there any truth behind the statements written regarding the current chief being on "sick leave"?