ED Visa Vientiane Report

Two questions:

1. Can you confirm what date your visa? You posted on Oct 23 and mentioned you got it on Tuesday? Tuesday Oct 21?

The reason I'm asking is that some embassies like in Penang started clamping down around October 15.

2. The letter from the ministry was for how many hours per year?

Two questions:

1. Can you confirm what date your visa? You posted on Oct 23 and mentioned you got it on Tuesday? Tuesday Oct 21?

The reason I'm asking is that some embassies like in Penang started clamping down around October 15.

2. The letter from the ministry was for how many hours per year?

1. It has been stamped at the immigration as of 21st of October and I need to report before 20th Jan. I left Laos on the 23rd very early and got a plane back from Udon Thani.

2. I cannot remember per year, I shall have to ask as I was told that when I applied over 3 years ago. I go for 4 hours a week. though like most schools

Edited by monk213

I think we got the same lady at the consolate! Although, in these situations (and at Thai immigration) I tend to just not say anything with a neutral face.

haha yea I was bricking it though as one of those agency guys looked through my stuff and said I had 2 sheets missing, he went to try and get them looked at before I was called up but said they were too busy so I had to try my luck. In the end I just had to go and copy my stamp into Laos.

Just returned from Vientiane again, disagree a bit with OP. We got pestered way more by tuktuk drivers than in Thailand, constantly asking if I wanted weed, the market is barely half a km long, nowhere near 2km, the food is 2/3x more expensive than Thailand and not nearly as good, there's really nothing to do there except sit in a restaurant or bar and maybe take a stroll down the river. After three days this time around I couldnt wait to leave.

That said, first visit I loved it, bit of a novelty and different to Thailand, but once the novelty wears off there's really nothing there.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

OK :)

I have a ED VISA number 1

First time I start school next week and I are terriblke at leaning Thai as I live alone. I do want to learn. I will do my best. Can anyone point me in direction of a free online site ?

Also is it true that if I fly out of country on my multi entry VISA, I shall risk chance of re entry ? Rumours are ripe....

Every 6 months I fly back to Australia for 1 week only. I do not want to keep ED VISA after this and think to enter as a tourist again on say a 6 month VISA. I here soon is possible ?

Advise me please

Also is it true that if I fly out of country on my multi entry VISA, I shall risk chance of re entry ? Rumours are ripe....

Every 6 months I fly back to Australia for 1 week only. I do not want to keep ED VISA after this and think to enter as a tourist again on say a 6 month VISA. I here soon is possible ?

Since extensions are given for three months at time, once it is about to expire you can fly to Australia on return with another non-imm ED visa, or toursit visa, whichever is more convenient to you.

OK smile.png

I have a ED VISA number 1

First time I start school next week and I are terriblke at leaning Thai as I live alone. I do want to learn. I will do my best. Can anyone point me in direction of a free online site ?

Advise me please

Not sure what you have. Do you have a multiple entry ED visa from a embassy or consulate or did you have a single entry that you have or will extend for 90 days at immigration and plan on getting a re-entry permit.

If you have a multiple entry visa you should not have a problem on entry but they might ask you for proof you are attending school.

If a re-entry permit you could be questioned but there have been no recent reports of people having a problem on entry.