Thai woman held for online designer bag scam

webfact

Woman held for online designer bag scam
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Crime Suppression Police have arrested a Khon Kaen woman for allegedly advertising the sale of brand-name bags via an online shop and then duping customers out of some Bt20 million after failing to deliver the goods.

Lt-Colonel Torsak Panklinphut said On-anong Saenpinij, 36, was arrested at a Rayong factory for public fraud.

Torsak said On-anong opened the online shop and contacted customers via the Line app and phone, with each customer having to pay a deposit equal to 50 per cent of the total cost of the bag before paying the rest when the bag arrived in Thailand.

She then claimed the bags did not arrive or that there was some other problem stopping her from taking possession of them.

More than two dozen people have filed police complaints against her and the damages were estimated at about Bt20 million, Torsak added.

A duped customer, who asked not to be named, said she had been conned out of Bt2.6 million.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Woman-held-for-online-designer-bag-scam-30246154.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-24

I carry my gear around in a plastic 7-11 bag. I don't need a brand name to make me look good!!

I am sure 7/11 are grateful for the free advertising you give their brand.

Sarcasm

Sometimes I use Villa bags

Playa!biggrin.png

• Like 1

Genuine designer products have always been a total rip off, like over 80% of what there really worth, even if it's a well made quality item, take off the designer label and the fake value comes to light. Plenty of good quality items out there that aren't registered as a designer item.

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed again. Please stop using bold font when posting.

I carry my gear around in a plastic 7-11 bag. I don't need a brand name to make me look good!!

I am sure 7/11 are grateful for the free advertising you give their brand.

Sarcasm

Sometimes I use Villa bags

When you want to go Hi-So?

Yes, when I'm taking taking the VIP bus to Pattaya and such

Thai people must be very very rich to be importing so many designer hand bags - I wonder where all the millions to buy these bags came from?

Reading is not your strong point is it Dumu?

The story said the handbags were not imported. They never arrived. The suspect just took the deposit money.

An education can help you to Dumu. Learn to read you might be able to get a job with a salary. Learn mathematics and you can learn to add up. Yes, when many small numbers are added, they can add up to a very big number. So someone like you with 3 baht to their name might think someone with a job and 10,000 baht is very very very very very very very rich. In fact businesses often spend more than that.

Who'd of thunk there be so many very rich people in the world ?

Edited by Time Traveller
  • Like 1

Just one of the scammers in the great ocean full of scanners on the net, I bet she will pay her way out. After all 20 million bhat is a great income from scamming. Few hundred thousands is nothing for her freedom and back again on business....TAT

Thai people must be very very rich to be importing so many designer hand bags - I wonder where all the millions to buy these bags came from?

Reading is not your strong point is it Dumu?

The story said the handbags were not imported. They never arrived. The suspect just took the deposit money.

An education can help you to Dumu. Learn to read you might be able to get a job with a salary. Learn mathematics and you can learn to add up. Yes, when many small numbers are added, they can add up to a very big number. So someone like you with 3 baht to their name might think someone with a job and 10,000 baht is very very very very very very very rich. In fact businesses often spend more than that.

Who'd of thunk there be so many very rich people in the world ?

Gosh, TT, your post is shockingly RUDE !!! I really have to wonder what would make you respond like this??