Radio On Samui

I don't listen to the radio, but when my stuff gets there I will. And is there a Samui Radio

channel? If not Why NOT?

If yes, what kind of music, beside news & weather?

Used to have an hour of music on 96.75 between 1& 2 PM.Haven't tuned in for a while.Why not?Might be that the licences are issued to community radio.It's a valid question though, but wouldn't have a clue on who to approach or ask.Would be a great way of communication with all the NON Thai speaking people here & keeping them up to date with all issues on the island ,even little things like power cuts & the like.I personally think it would be a great thing & probably get more people involved in doing positive things for the island.Media is a very powerful tool.

I don't listen to the radio, but when my stuff gets there I will. And is there a Samui Radio

channel? If not Why NOT?

If yes, what kind of music, beside news & weather?

Used to have an hour of music on 96.75 between 1& 2 PM.Haven't tuned in for a while.Why not?Might be that the licences are issued to community radio.It's a valid question though, but wouldn't have a clue on who to approach or ask.Would be a great way of communication with all the NON Thai speaking people here & keeping them up to date with all issues on the island ,even little things like power cuts & the like.I personally think it would be a great thing & probably get more people involved in doing positive things for the island.Media is a very powerful tool.

You are right - there used to be one but I have not tried to listen for ages. I only listen in the car and because of the topography of the island and the location of the transmitter the signal was always fading and disappearing so I gave up even trying. Will see if I can get anything today and reply later. The radio station is next to the reservoir south west of Hua Thanon.

Koh Phangan has a radio station now, has Thai djs and farang as well. Its quite popular here as it gives alot of local info.

We used to get the samui radio station over here, I'll ask and see if anyone still receives it (altho everyone I know has already made the switch :o )

Koh Phangan has a radio station now, has Thai djs and farang as well. Its quite popular here as it gives alot of local info.

We used to get the samui radio station over here, I'll ask and see if anyone still receives it (altho everyone I know has already made the switch :o )

What is the frequency please SBK?