Getting Old?

gregchambers

Me to

Two pints of stella and a jacket potato followed by a cheroot in a cold pub garden.

still the stella helps with the uk women i guess. :o

before you flame me still happily married 10yrs to a very fine British lass.

Our last visit to uk last mth first in 5yrs.:quote from my British wife " no wonder our mates are running of to Asia to find a women, The women in here are as miserable as sin have forgotten how to smile and have more excess baggage (around ther body) than a family of skiers"

Still iwas happy on buying new clothes i went from Thai xl to Uk medium what does that tell ya.

Does it occur to you for an instant that your wife's comments reflect much more about you, your socio-economic status (lower class = obesity) and educational background than a reasonable comment on English women? I think we can assume you wouldn't give it a thought.

I think Thai girls are often beautiful and charming.But last time I was back in the UK London was full of happy and pretty English girls.

huh? :D

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our last visit to uk last mth first in 5yrs.:quote from my British wife " no wonder our mates are running of to Asia to find a women, The women in here are as miserable as sin have forgotten how to smile and have more excess baggage (around ther body) than a family of skiers"

Still iwas happy on buying new clothes i went from Thai xl to Uk medium what does that tell ya.

Does it occur to you for an instant that your wife's comments reflect much more about you, your socio-economic status (lower class = obesity) and educational background than a reasonable comment on English women? I think we can assume you wouldn't give it a thought.

:o

It would appear that your reaction to stiggy's wife's comments say much more about you than either stiggy or his wife.

I hope your foot gets better soon... :D

It would appear that your reaction to stiggy's wife's comments say much more about you than either stiggy or his wife.

Pattaya based Brit are you? Thought so.

And how might one best describe you?

I quite agree. Britain is quite a fine place if you have a positive attitude and motivation. Sure its got its down sides but i'd just as happily live there as in Thailand.

It's encouraging to see that there are at least a few people who can enjoy living in Thailand without slagging off their own country, UK in this instance.As a Brit I find there's so many positives about both countries although obviously in both there are problems.I feel privileged to spend time in both places.I suppose Thailand has a slight edge for me because most of my family are here, and I really appreciate Thai courtesy and good manners.But then again is there anything closer to heaven than the English countryside shimmering on a perfect summer's day?

Yes, the English countryside on one of the cold, bright, blue sky winters days with a ground frost, a nice country walk and a pub at the end of it. Man I really miss that!

Well said Tourleaders, I miss walks along the coastline of Northumberland on a cold day, all wrapped up with hat and gloves on, then in to the pub for a pint by the fire. Not much can beat it.

Have you got any facts to support that "racism is rife in the UK"? I don't believe it is. Yeah, you will always get the odd fracas etc and everybody puts it down to racism but that doesn't warrant the word "rife". What is it called when two whites fight each other?

White on black assult is a racist crime.

Black on white assult is a motiveless crime.

a tw@t ? :D

a tw@t ? :D

I have just realised that the last comment appears to be posted by Monty, this is because I'm using his pooter, so to set the record straight twas I who posted the tw@t comment :D

P.S. Arsenal F.C. are crap as well :D

Seriously though,life being grim as it is in the U.K, I am not suprised at dirty looks.Look at the overcrowding, sad shabby crowds and the astronomical cost of living. People are depressed and hate to see happy faces.

Where are you from baboon, just out of interest.

It would appear that your comment does not appear to be well supported here and I would suggest any other news body that I am aware of.

Perhaps some grievance at foreign imports maybe, but their is a chasm of difference between grievances and 'rife racism', I would suggest.

Moss

I was born in Newcastle where I lived until I was 18.I then lived in London until I was 35.

I am not against immigration.If I was,living in Thailand would make me a hypocritical twonk.

Perhaps you misunderstood my "withcraft" post. The point I was badly making was that rascism is not rife,but the reaction to any percieved act of rascism is hysterical, rather like throwing a woman into a river because she had a wart therefore you cant be too careful....

Thanks for keeping your post Gentlemanly! :o

"Well said Tourleaders, I miss walks along the coastline of Northumberland on a cold day, all wrapped up with hat and gloves on, then in to the pub for a pint by the fire. Not much can beat it."

I miss that too and I've never been to the UK!

Back to ..... I Want To Date Grandma!

What MIGHT the people back home thinking?

"Geez, look at that old pervert with that young girl!"

Some?

"Geez, you'd think she could do better?"

Possible?

"What a lovely couple!"

True Christians.

" I'm sick of all these Asian @#@# stealin' our men!"

The herd.

" The lord works in mysterious way!"

More True Christians.

"Adopted?"

Wishful thinker.

Maybe the looks the OP was getting were not anything at all to do with the perception that he was with a much younger woman. In fact it may well have been the exact opposite. Let's face it, at 29 a Thai woman is starting to look weary and tired in comparison to a farang woman who looks much more preserved and younger at that age. Side by side with farangs of same age, Thais look much much older and farangs much better preseved. This is a fact

Maybe the looks the OP was getting were not anything at all to do with the perception that he was with a much younger woman. In fact it may well have been the exact opposite. Let's face it, at 29 a Thai woman is starting to look weary and tired in comparison to a farang woman who looks much more preserved and younger at that age. Side by side with farangs of same age, Thais look much much older and farangs much better preseved. This is a fact

You will find most people disagree with your version of 'facts'. :o