Golf in Hua Hin

MDS

Hi to any fellow golfers

I am moving to live in Hua Hin early December. I have been a regular visitor over the last few years and always play golf when I am there.

Last time I played at Sea Pines which I have played before and which I really like. I saw them advertising membership for Baht 30,000.00 per year plus Baht 300.00 per round green fee.

Does anyone know if other local courses offer similar deals ?

Also are there any local golf societies to join up with ?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Although it would be a bit of a drive for you, the Sawang Golf Course in Khao Yoi, Phetchabure is/was offering memberships for 4,000 baht per year. Currently the green fee is 100 baht and caddie fee is 300. Cart price for members is currently 300 baht. I think the green fee might go up to 200 baht for the high season when a ton of Korean golfers arrive. The course is, I believe, leased by a Korean company for some time and thus caters to the Korean clientele. The course itself is OK. Not great in any sense of the term. I am a member there and drive 55 KM each way to play. It is a good place to develop your game without breaking the bank.

Black Mountain, Banyan and Palm Hills all have memberships and I suspect most other courses as well. Don't know the prices and would be interested in your posting when known. I visit there off and on and have not found any societies so just book my own and go with friends. Hua Hin golf tours arrange outings more for tourists than residents. Again if you find some groups that would be good information to post.

Hi GGT

Thanks for the reply buy I have not played chess since I was 15 years old. Afraid now, especially after a round of golf in

Thailand, it's a beer or six that relaxes me.

Cheers

I think all the courses have membership options, most for longer periods and they go for 200k up. Some are lifetime or 15 years and transferable so you may be able to find a "used" one for less than 200k. There are several golf societies in town. The oldest and probably the biggest has a home base in Bernie's Inn which is in a walking alleyway in the bazaar area on the left on the road to the beach. It can also be accessed between bars via a walkway from the Hilton street. They play all courses and twice a week and good savings on play can be had by joining.

I like the Sea Pines course too and their membership deal seems pretty reasonable. Usually very quiet if you get there for an early tee time.

The Banyan website has the details of their various memberships. They have different rates depending on what type of visa you hold. A quality course with superb clubhouse.

I was impressed by Majestic Creek on my recent golf trip and the greens there were very nice to putt on. Check out their website for membership details too.

I wasn't so happy with Black Mountain. Sure, their course is very high quality but they seem to have never-ending construction around the course and some of their staff seem a bit snobby. I played in the so-called low season with my father and we had a five and a half hour round in the hot afternoon sun. There were no tee times available before 10am over a two week period. Maybe a membership will help secure tee times as their booking site often has no tee times available at all.

Try Black Mountain. Not sure on rates. Just drove up by it and it looks really good.

I am not a golfer but friends have told me that Black Mountain only offer membership to people who have bought one of their property's, this may be right or wrong info, someone else may be able to clarify that

OP from what I have learnt about the price of memberships in HH the sea pines seems like a good deal, I doubt you would get a membership for that price at the courses mentioned in other posts on this thread by Qman

Edited by darrendsd

• 3 weeks later...

I like the Sea Pines course too and their membership deal seems pretty reasonable. Usually very quiet if you get there for an early tee time.

The Banyan website has the details of their various memberships. They have different rates depending on what type of visa you hold. A quality course with superb clubhouse.

I was impressed by Majestic Creek on my recent golf trip and the greens there were very nice to putt on. Check out their website for membership details too.

I wasn't so happy with Black Mountain. Sure, their course is very high quality but they seem to have never-ending construction around the course and some of their staff seem a bit snobby. I played in the so-called low season with my father and we had a five and a half hour round in the hot afternoon sun. There were no tee times available before 10am over a two week period. Maybe a membership will help secure tee times as their booking site often has no tee times available at all.

It must be about 100 pounds a round now with buggy and caddie has the world gone mad

^ Yeah, I was an avid golfer and looked forward to golf in my retirement. After playing about twice a month only because of the cost here for a few years I decided that it wasn't worth the cost in the misery of this heat and gave it up altogether three years ago. Now I'm preparing to move back to the U.S. where lots of courses are $20 to $30 a round and looking forward to taking it back up.