Can I "lock" Pictures On The Forum

Mobi

I have been asked by many people to post pics in my "Pattaya Street Kids " thread in the Pattaya forum.

I would love to do this, as it well help generate interest. However I have been advised that I should only do it if I can "lock" them in so that they cannot be downloaded.

I have come across websites that do this, but I have no idea if it can be done on TV.

Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

Mobi

There are methods to protect your images when they reside on a site that you have administrative rights to. These can be Java Scripts, using tables with transparent images, splitting images into pieces, etc..

Posting your images here on TV limits your ability to protect them. To my knowledge, your only option posting in here is using a watermark in your photos. As an example, you could watermark them with "PattayaStreetKids.Com." By using a visible watermark, you might make the images less desirable, thus less likely to be downloaded. Using a website address in the watermark may generate traffic to your site.

Digital watermarking (embedded copyright information in the image) can make your images trackable. DigiMarc provides digital watermarking software called MyPictureMarc. It isn't free and is aimed at protecting online portfolios of professional photographers.

There may be other methods that I am unaware of. That's why I read this forum. I always learn something.

I have been asked by many people to post pics in my "Pattaya Street Kids " thread in the Pattaya forum.

I would love to do this, as it well help generate interest. However I have been advised that I should only do it if I can "lock" them in so that they cannot be downloaded.

I have come across websites that do this, but I have no idea if it can be done on TV.

Can anyone advise please.

Thanks

Mobi

no chance, what you see on the screen can be copied.

Maybe you can protect it that not every idi*ot can copy it but smarter guys can do it always (or what do you think where I got the pictures on my homepage from??)

Here's how it is. A guy in an internet cafe turns to the other, say how can i save this pic?

last years answer: "right click it, and do a Save as..."

this years answer: "press alt print screen and paste it where you want (into email, mspaint)"

As it stands today, so called image protection is a farce.

If you do post, make sure the photos only have 72dpi resolution, which is fine for the computer screen, but no good for printing.

Keep the images small for the same reason.

If you do post, make sure the photos only have 72dpi resolution, which is fine for the computer screen, but no good for printing.

I only wish I knew what 72dpi resolution meant, and even if i did, how to convert my pics to such a format. I'm not well up on this sort of tyhing I'm afraid. :o

If someone thinks your pictures are so great, why don't you simply let them take a copy? What can they do, sell them to National Geographic for a couple of million and claim them as their own?

You should be flattered that anyone even thinks they are worth copying, they are only pictures after all, not gold bars!!

I only wish I knew what 72dpi resolution meant, and even if i did, how to convert my pics to such a format. I'm not well up on this sort of tyhing I'm afraid. :o

Perhaps does this help (explain) a bit :D ?

http://www.scantips.com/no72dpi.html#1

If someone thinks your pictures are so great, why don't you simply let them take a copy? What can they do, sell them to National Geographic for a couple of million and claim them as their own?

You should be flattered that anyone even thinks they are worth copying, they are only pictures after all, not gold bars!!

My friend,

Next time, please think a bit before you post.

I did make a reference to the the thread in question in my original post.

You must be unbelievably naive if you don't undertand the implications of what I am saying.

I couldn't give two hoots about how great (or not) my pictures are. This is not about money, or selling pictures.

I regret to say that "only pictures" can be put to some very bad uses which have nothing to do with money.

Figure it out for yourself, and I hope that you have the decency to withdraw your insulting insinuation.