NACC reveals assets of five ex-NLA people

Lite Beer

NACC reveals assets of five ex-NLA people
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The national anti-graft agency yesterday disclosed the assets and liabilities of five Cabinet members who left the National Legislative Assembly (NLA) to take up ministerial posts in August.

They are Tourism and Sports Minister Kobkarn Wattanav-rangkul, Deputy Education Minister Lt-General Surachet Chaiwong, Energy Minister Narongchai Akrasanee, Public Health Minister Rajata Rajatanavin, and Deputy Transport Minister Akom Termpitayapaisit.

Kobkarn, formerly the chairwoman of Toshiba Thailand, has assets of Bt156 million and her husband has Bt161.4 million, plus debts of Bt369,565 and Bt199,142 respectively.

In total, the couple have combined assets of Bt317.1 million, according to information released by the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) yesterday.

Kobkarn saw an increase of Bt1.66 million in her assets when compared with the day she assumed the Cabinet post.

Rajata and his wife have total assets of Bt139.27 million, with no liabilities. His assets increased by Bt678,939 when compared with the previous submission of his financial report.

Akom declared total assets of Bt24.77 million and liabilities of Bt1.18 million, according to the NACC. Part of the assets and debts belonged to his deceased wife.

The deputy transport minister did not declare the amount of bank deposits belonging to his deceased wife when he was appointed an NLA member.

Akom explained that he could not find his late wife's three bank passbooks. He said he had no intention to hide wealth, according to details disclosed by the NACC yesterday. He would submit details to the NACC of the "missing" bank accounts when they became available to him.

Narongchai and his wife reported assets of Bt281.35 million and liabilities of only Bt85,389, the NACC said.

Surachet and his spouse reported they had combined assets totalling Bt24.3 million and liabilities of Bt7.37 million.

The NACC is scheduled to announce the assets and liabilities of the entire Cabinet next Friday (October 31).

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/NACC-reveals-assets-of-five-ex-NLA-people-30246219.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-25

This should be a matter of explaining the source of the wealth, if the explanations are with

merits and backed up by documentations than all is ok, but if the expiations are dodgy

than conclusions must be drawn....

• Like 2

This should be a matter of explaining the source of the wealth, if the explanations are with

merits and backed up by documentations than all is ok, but if the expiations are dodgy

In Hong Kong the anti-corruption legislation covers public officers etc having to explain wealth and assets not commensurate with their official salary.

Wouldn't work here at the best of times and currently the PM is defending wealth, including his brother's.

Don't do as I do, do as I say.

In Hong Kong the anti-corruption legislation covers public officers etc having to explain wealth and assets not commensurate with their official salary.

Wouldn't work here at the best of times and currently the PM is defending wealth, including his brother's.

There's some scuttlebutt going round that there is a certain generals wife that opened a bank account in April this year with 46 million baht and now has 126 million in it, wow 80 million in six months, nice gig if you can get it...

Edited by aussieinthailand
  • Like 2

There's some scuttlebutt going round that there is a certain generals wife that opened a bank account in April this year with 46 million baht and now has 126 million in it, wow 80 million in six months, nice gig if you can get it...

That's quite a rate of interest giggle.gif

But Hong Kong is now controlled by the only real communist nation now left on earth & the real cause of communist spread in Asia?

If you're going talk about politics then make sure of your ground.

You are right about the PM tho.

But Hong Kong is now controlled by the only real communist nation now left on earth & the real cause of communist spread in Asia?

If you're going talk about politics then make sure of your ground.

You are right about the PM tho.

I'm talking anti-corruption laws NOT politics and the laws are still in place.

' Missing ' bank books ? Go to the bank, prove who you are and get a print out.

If im not mistaken a police report needs to be filed first. just sayin

it's certainly needed for a lost passport but wouldn't such a major depositor be known to the bank even through his wife ?

Revealing personal wealth must be a tortuous process for these poor souls.

On the one hand they want the number to be as high as possible to enhance their status amongst their fellow plutocrats and on the other hand they want the number as low as possible to hide their ill gotten gains and avoid uncomfortable questions.

It really is much like Saddam Hussein and his refusal to admit that he had actually got rid of all his WMD's to maintain face in the region.

Look how that worked out for him.

I'm sure a great many of them are wondering if the demonisation of Thaksin through false or exaggerated allegations of corruption by their peers has not caused themselves a lot more harm than Thaksin ever did.

I would pity the fools had their greed not caused so much unnecessary pain and suffering to their fellow citizens.