Australian in Trat under watch for Ebola

Lite Beer

Who remembers H1N1 and the Thai authorities detaining a load of tourists at the Poipet border crossing for a couple of days.

They haven't got a clue what they are doing but they want to be seen doing something so they just inconvenience foreigners. I notice they haven't detained any Thais and if they did, the Thais would just ignore them.

Normal body temperature can range from 97.8 degrees F (or Fahrenheit, equivalent to 36.5 degrees C, or Celsius) to 99 degrees F (37.2 degrees C) for a healthy adult.

They are saying he had 36.3. NOTHING to worry about other than he went to an ebola infected country perhaps?

Temperature is certainly not the issue here

My normal resting body temp is 36°C/96.8°F. In the USA when I advise a doctor/nurse, a note is made in my chart for future reference. Here in Thailand I'm met with a blank stare. I really want them to know that when I have a 38°C temp, that I'm already running a significant fever, moreso than a "normal" person. But, no....

Thai medicine is different, just like the electricity.

Yes!!! ... deadly

Normal body temperature can range from 97.8 degrees F (or Fahrenheit, equivalent to 36.5 degrees C, or Celsius) to 99 degrees F (37.2 degrees C) for a healthy adult.

They are saying he had 36.3. NOTHING to worry about other than he went to an ebola infected country perhaps?

Temperature is certainly not the issue here

My normal resting body temp is 36°C/96.8°F. In the USA when I advise a doctor/nurse, a note is made in my chart for future reference. Here in Thailand I'm met with a blank stare. I really want them to know that when I have a 38°C temp, that I'm already running a significant fever, moreso than a "normal" person. But, no....

Thai medicine is different, just like the electricity.

Yes!!! ... deadly

Yes Is different like thai coffee. Gf tells me it is a lot stronger and can be serious if u have to much :0)

Trat Hospital has been urged by the public health office to prepare to put a patient under investigation

Wow, they sure are taking it seriously.

Last week I arrived on a flight from Nairobi to Bangkok. I had originated from Uganda. We walked down a hall after exiting the plane and there was what looked at a video camera pointed at us, assumingly to check temperatures. Someone was shouting to walk single file, but not many did. I can't imagine it was too effective.

I didn't notice any health centre, but I am sure there is one somewhere. You are supposed to voluntarily go there if you come from West Africa. When I was boarding the plane in both Uganda and Kenya, I was also asked to show my yellow fever vaccination or "I wouldn't be allowed into Thailand" (was asked 3 separate times actually). Well, no one checked it here. I thought maybe they would check it at immigration, but nope. I never showed it and wound up walking out with my ebola information form as well. My boarding pass had origin Nairobi, which means I should have been checked for the yellow fever vaccination. Turns out I think I was supposed to also go to that health center to show my vaccination card before I went to immigration, but I didn't know that at the time (after talking about it with friends after arriving, they said I was probably supposed to go there). I just kept going through the normal process and was never asked.

And no one travels from West Africa straight to Bangkok, people on that flight from Nairobi could have come from anywhere in Africa. Nairobi and Addis Ababa are the main transit points from Africa (the ones located in Africa itself). So I was disappointed that more was not done. Doesn't make me feel safe at all.