PHUKET: French tourist arrested in drug bust

Lite Beer

Maybe difficult to understand, but I think drug dependence is an illness to be treated, and not a crime to be punished?

I think it's mostly a choice.

Some choice...

Most dependent users become liars and thieves to satisfy their dependency...

Edited by Andre0720

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe difficult to understand, but I think drug dependence is an illness to be treated, and not a crime to be punished?

Some choice...

Most dependent drug users became drug users by their own choice. Once they are addicted, the drugs make the choices for them. But before they were addicts, they chose to do drugs by their own free will...and now boohoohoo.

Add alcoholism to that list. Thailand must have the highest number of foreign alcoholics in the world. Seeing drunks walking with beer in hand at 8 am drinking is a very common sight. Sorry no sympathy for the losers. They cause nothing but trouble , seem to have no problem spreading their diseases with the Thai bar girls and give us all a bad name. Rarely a day goes by when a Thai does not mention some foreign drunk causing problems. Having said that Mr. French should have known better but like many can care less. The majority of the Full Moon Party bunch is another fine example of just plain stupid. buying drugs from the local mafia and within a very short period of time is in jail.

Some choice...

• Like 1

The guy is an idiot and he will have plenty of time to reflect on his stupidity.

No, I am sorry to correct you, but this is not true. The next years he will be only fighting about his survival for every single day.

Edited by geistfunke
  • Like 1

This thread needs more people asking if anyone else has thought about Beavis & Butthead or is it just me?

This thread needs more suffering wished unto scumbags.

This thread, like most others on TVF, needs more foreigners who are better than other foreigners.

• Like 1

Well Thailand does tend to attract (1) Millions of very questionable foreigners that would not last a day elsewhere . (2) Millions of morons that left their brains at the airport or never had. (3) Far too many criminals. That is reality here. GET OVER IT ! It is called evolution. Not smart enough your dead and won,t bred morons like this guy. DON,T DO DRUGS IN THAILAND EASY ! Just a warning to Full Moon Party morons.

This thread needs more people asking if anyone else has thought about Beavis & Butthead or is it just me?

This thread, like most others on TVF, needs more foreigners who are better than other foreigners.

Well Thailand does tend to attract (1) Millions of very questionable foreigners that would not last a day elsewhere . (2) Millions of morons that left their brains at the airport or never had. (3) Far too many criminals. That is reality here. GET OVER IT ! It is called evolution. Not smart enough your dead and won,t bred morons like this guy. DON,T DO DRUGS IN THAILAND EASY ! Just a warning to Full Moon Party morons.

At least squeegees last point can now be crossed off the list.

Are you one of the above that i mentioned ? hurt your feelings ?

Are you one of the above that i mentioned ? hurt your feelings ?

Yes, I live in Koh Cardiff. biggrin.png

Yes this is a tragedy for the young man pictured, do I feel any sympathy for him? unfortunately not as he is way old enough to know what he is doing. He should have known better but didn't so this will be just one more "wasted life"

Make no mistake for all of the witty comments and light hearted banter contained within this thread that is exactly what this is, his rightful incarceration will take some of the best years from him, and they are irreplaceable! The cost to his family will be just as devastating, if they are anyway near normal they will suffer for years for their son's stupid and thoughtless actions.

Any small amount of sympathy I did feel for him evaporated almost instantly when I thought of one thing, did he give one seconds thought to the damage that would be done by the drugs he was concealing? I would suggest not and that he was solely focused on the minuscule amount of money he was to gain from his activity.

Maybe now he will be able to emphasize with the other unseen and unknown victims, maybe now he will appreciate the severity of dealing in hard drugs that waste lives....goodness knows he will have enough time to do so.

I have no sympathy for him but it is still so very, very sad...

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know much about drug dependence I see. Telling a heroin addict to just say no is like telling a manic depressant to just cheer up.

The most part of drug addicts became addicts willingly and by choice. 'Peer Pressure', 'Look how cool I am , I do drugs', 'I'll try it just once...' these are all choices made. Once they realize they are addicts and do not seek help, well that's another choice. However, I see you apparently know all about choices.

Well, being one in the past, and knowing many I think I have some experience with the subject. And we are talking about addicts, not pre-addicts. Course someone has a choice, but too make it seem addicts just have to want to quit and then do so is unrealistic.