Is it just me, or are there more tourists in central Pattaya atm ?

MrWorldwide

Agreed if it becomes one of these expensive, sterile personality free resorts I'm moving.

I'm actually sitting on a mini buss back from Rayong and there's a group of English girls backpacking eager to stay in Pattaya .. Can't think why. Surly Phuket would be more up there street.

Again I'm not nocking them (everyone likes to travel) but I can't see the appeal. It's like going skiing if you don't like snow. Surly you would do your research before you went somewhere

I am quite ashamed to be English. I try to keep quiet about it when I am overseas.

This scribbled drivel with its poor spelling and grammar makes me more ashamed.

Surly ? there ?? did it mean their ? a buss ? nocking ? It gets worse ! "before you went somewhere" Disgraceful !

I had a retired, single friend (he passed away some time back) from California. I'm from Florida.

The guy lived in an apartment (Windy Inn) on Walking Street.

I'd drop by to see him on occasion & his English had denigrated to being HORRIBLE!

He'd talk to me like I was a bar girl.

More than once I had to remind him that we were, in fact, from the same country & I was quite fluent in American English! clap2.gif

I can relate to your experience. I have some long time friends who's grammar, appearance and attitudes have gone downhill. They seem to have forgotten how to use soap and water or how to speak without using the "F" word. Their interests seem to be limited to eating, drinking and horizontal excercise.

I have other friends who have become well traveled, improved their fluency in Thai or other languages and discovered clothing other than shorts and singlets.

In the end, it's their decision which paths they choose in the illusive search for happiness.

What is this "upscale entertainment". They are knocking down all the reasons why we came to Pattaya in the first place and replacing them with sterile condos and hotels.

Works for me, but I'm a dinosaur. Some here would have it that it's time for something more subtle than the beer bar or the go-go. but all that neon wasn't built on girl scout jamborees - it was built on the money spent by punters. FWIW, they are building a very large beer bar complex on Second Road in Naklua, so I guess that there are a few who still see the large-scale influx of young single - and 'single if you're naked' - men with nothing more on their minds than nookie and beer.

What does 'FWIW' mean? Come on now Mr Worldwide, don't be so lazy with your typing.

FWIW = For what it's worth!

Thanks Majic, I have no objection to the very common initials, or initials of some words that are already in the post.

A post discussing moderator actions removed. See this forum rule

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Well i can assure you all that where i normally spend my " lazy afternoons " on the Wongamat Beach it is now very busy with mainly Russians.The hotels seem to be nearly full on the beach front and some rather lovely " Russian Ladies " can now be seen " swaggering about in G Strings " ( " my eyes locked on target like an F16 " ) an absolute delight to see viewers! ( a refreshing change from " Apple Catchers " ( Low Season )

Farang Jaidee ( reporting ... ) w00t.gif

certainly getting busier, but beware of the ladyboys on beach road, their violence is reaching new extremes, they cant be doing too well I guess but its time the police did a proper clean up including yaba tests, random attacks on tourists arent a good look

Agreed if it becomes one of these expensive, sterile personality free resorts I'm moving.

I'm actually sitting on a mini buss back from Rayong and there's a group of English girls backpacking eager to stay in Pattaya .. Can't think why. Surly Phuket would be more up there street.

Again I'm not nocking them (everyone likes to travel) but I can't see the appeal. It's like going skiing if you don't like snow. Surly you would do your research before you went somewhere

What is this "upscale entertainment". They are knocking down all the reasons why we came to Pattaya in the first place and replacing them with sterile condos and hotels.

Works for me, but I'm a dinosaur. Some here would have it that it's time for something more subtle than the beer bar or the go-go. but all that neon wasn't built on girl scout jamborees - it was built on the money spent by punters. FWIW, they are building a very large beer bar complex on Second Road in Naklua, so I guess that there are a few who still see the large-scale influx of young single - and 'single if you're naked' - men with nothing more on their minds than nookie and beer.

It's not new. It's just been re-vamped.