wreck a nice beach

bendejo

Title pronounced "recognize speech."

The whole quest for computer speech recognition has produced an untold number of amusing anecdotes regarding errors over the years, especially in recent times when it became a staple of television comedians.

However, somebody over at Bloomberg, it seems, does not see it as a flawed technology.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/apple-pay-blocked-at-cvs-rite-aid-why-CAFzrK71R7OS9loACMrX8w.html

This will probably be taken down soon, so here is the posted transcript from that page. My guess is that someone took the audio from the interview, ran it through a speech recognition program, then posted the output without proofreading.

=============================

Oct. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Apple’s mobile payment technology ran into a roadblock a week after its introduction as CVS and Rite Aid, part of a consortium developing a competing system, disabled Apple Pay in their drugstores. Piper Jaffray Senior Research Analyst Gene Munster reports on “Bloomberg West.” Munster owns no stock in Apple. (Source: Bloomberg)

Senior analyst from hyper jaffrey and joining us in the studio is cory johnson.

These retailers were never official partners but did have the technology.

How big a deal is this?

I don't think it is a big deal at all.

They were not announced customers and the merchant has to murder exchange is a dream of merchants to be able to somehow get credit card companies out of the transaction.

It's going to be a very tough road and target has signed up with apple pay and that is one of the merchants listed in the consortium.

So you've got a major defect.

I would not the surprised if over time you start seeing players like cvs drift back to apple pay.

The retailers would not have to pay swipe fees or collect a lot of data.

Tell us about the vision behind the system.

This is why gene munster is wrong once again.

What has happened is these retailers want to use customer data to target customers better.

They want to collect information , slice and dice it and market it.

=============================

I like hyper jaffrey.

I remember a while ago, when Google Translate was new, some friends and I copied and pasted content from random web pages from English to XXX (choose a language) and then copied and pasted the translation to translate it back to English. The results were often quite amusing to read.