Multiple Entry Non O Marriage Visa - KL - Avoid

Just spent the morning at KL Thai Embassy applying for my first Non O marriage visa.

I work in Brunei and from the UK. I've lived with my recently married wife in Thailand for the past 4 years.

Got married 3 months ago in BKK. I work on the rigs on a 30 day rotation schedule.

My previous entry in Thailand was on a double entry tourist visa that I got in Brunei.

We got to the KL Thai embassy at 0945, already about 200 people there. (It opens at 09:30)

There's only 4 windows. 1 for issuing passports, 1 for payment and 2 dealing with visa processing.

I'd say 90% of the people there were wanting visas. There were 2 people to deal with them.

The room inside was full and we waited outside, which was also full.

Handed the required documents over at 11:30 requesting a non O marriage multiple entry.

I gave them my thai bank statement with 200,000 in as well as a recent transaction for 100,000 bht.

Copy's of Thai ID card, Marriage Certificate, basically everything they required from the Thai Embassy Website. I waited another hour to make the payment.

They rejected a multiple entry and would only issue a single entry.

They said they do not issue multiple entry's and would not give me a reason for it.

Total joke and waste of time.

Summary - avoid KL for all visas, they can't handle the capacity of people.

I saw a lot of frustrated tourists waiting as well as a few farang Thai couples arguing with the staff there for bad and slow service.

They said I can pick my passport up tomorrow afternoon.

I'm concerned I'll get my passport back in time.

• Like 1

They said they do not issue multiple entry's and would not give me a reason for it.

You could have learned that reading this forum before going to KL.

For multi-entry non-imm "O" you need to go to Savannakhet, Laos.

• Like 1

Indeed. I was in KL for an updated Brunei visa also so not a complete wasted journey.

I'll be going to Savannakhet in January.

It also highlights that KL can't handle the capacity - it's more a warning for all people getting visa in KL.

They are swamped. Suggest you arrive at 08:30 and cross you fingers before they close visa submissions at 11:30

• Like 1

Agreed but I got my multi-entry non-imm "O" based on marriage from Singapore last Dec instead. Honestly I took the risk of about 60% to 70% success rate because of TV's opinions.

Indeed. I was in KL for an updated Brunei visa also so not a complete wasted journey.

I'll be going to Savannakhet in January.

It also highlights that KL can't handle the capacity - it's more a warning for all people getting visa in KL.

They are swamped. Suggest you arrive at 08:30 and cross you fingers before they close visa submissions at 11:30

"I'll be going to Savannakhet in January."

Maybe I missed something you said, but if you're married now why not get an extension of stay based on marriage and a multi-re-entry permit and end the need to travel around finding accommodating Thai embassies? I understand that the under consideration period and your work demands could make it a bit of a squeeze, but it seems worth the effort to avoid all the visa hassle.

That's the KL Shuffle, Baby. Many of us know it well. They're real d---s when they want to be, and they ALWAYS want to be. I think they have a secret weekly pool, to see who can reject the most requests in a week. To be fair though, your particular request is more than they are equipped to handle.