Retirement extension

Renewed my extension in Bangkok today , everything went very smooth until about 0930 , I had to wait for the "big boss " to sign before I could get my passport back . Waited until noon and of course they shut down for lunch . Then after lunch I received my passport . Never happened before , can only one "big boss "sign ? They told me he was in a meeting , I assumed the meeting was at the golf course .violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gifviolin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gifviolin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gifviolin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

Be happy to be out in a day.

There have been reports from other immigration offices, where people had to come back a couple of days later.

Likely for the same reason.

For Bangkok this surprises me.

They should really have more than one competent/authorized officer.

There have been reports from other immigration offices, where people had to come back a couple of days later.

And if you were stopped by the BIB and asked to produce ID during the couple of days your passport was being retained by your immigration office, what would be the betting that they would roar with laughter at what they regarded as your pathetic excuse and immediately bang you up in the local nick regardless?!

your passport was being retained by your immigration office

Does not happen.

You get your passport back with an "under consideration" stamp (like with the extension based on marriage).

The boss is presented with the paperwork (copies) only.

After his signature you go back (exactly on the date shown in the "consideration" stamp) and get your final stamp in a minute.

But as desribed: it happened at certain immigration offices only (reasons not really clear).

Edited by KhunBENQ

your passport was being retained by your immigration office

Does not happen.

You get your passport back with an "under consideration" stamp (like with the extension based on marriage).

The boss is presented with the paperwork (copies) only.

After his signature you go back (exactly on the date shown in the "consideration" stamp) and get your final stamp in a minute.

But as desribed: it happened at certain immigration offices only (reasons not really clear).

Phew, thanks for the clarification! Mercifully I have not experienced this at my local immigration office (Maptaput) - yet....

I am at Chaeng Wattana now (15.12) and have been here since 9.30 this morning to renew my visa.

Judging by the number being served I'll be here for another hour at least.

So they are not that fast here.