Best SEA country to domicile a business in?

Xa1

• 2 weeks later...

What kind of business? Thailand makes 40% of the worlds hard drives and is the 10th largest manufacturer of autos in the world. However if I wanted to make wine Thailand would be very close to the bottom of my list.

You have mentioned manufacturing businesses, and your response is a bit OT, since I am talking about the business address apart from the place where business is actually conducted.

The limitations you imply might not restrict a consulting business.

What kind of business? Thailand makes 40% of the worlds hard drives and is the 10th largest manufacturer of autos in the world. However if I wanted to make wine Thailand would be very close to the bottom of my list.

You have mentioned manufacturing businesses, and your response is a bit OT, since I am talking about the business address apart from the place where business is actually conducted.

What limitations did I imply?

SINGAPORE of course !

well-organized, safe and very business-friendly.

though a very expensive place to reside.

Hold one, what kind of business? You would be ill-advised to think of opening some kinds of manufacturing businesses in Singapore. Without knowing what kind of business there is no correct answer.

This must be your first business. Good luck.

It is best to have a business listed in Hong Kong or Singapore if you are doing business internationally. Many Thai companies have their Sing or HK business handle transactions outside of Thailand as do Taiwan, Chinese and most other Asian countries.

Again, the question remains; what do you want to do ?

If your business is to put up a girly bar, go-go bar, or a massage parlor that doubles as a brothel, Thailand is the best place for these kinds of businesses where english is not commonly used as a business language. However, if your company is a big manufacturing or industrial company, the Philippines offers the best in setting up and starting up your company. English is the official language of the trade and industry sector in that country and you'll find it easy to do business there.

If your business is to put up a girly bar, go-go bar, or a massage parlor that doubles as a brothel, Thailand is the best place for these kinds of businesses where english is not commonly used as a business language. However, if your company is a big manufacturing or industrial company, the Philippines offers the best in setting up and starting up your company. English is the official language of the trade and industry sector in that country and you'll find it easy to do business there.

Do you want to know what country makes 40% of the hard drives in the world?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Depends on your business and what you want out of the life outside of your business I guess. I'm assuming some kind of consultancy from your replies? So next question, face to face consulting or via internet/phone etc? If face to face then Philippines as they're English is so much better and it's not difficult setting up etc. If by phone/internet then ask what you want to enjoy out of work? I have a very close friend who consults, writes copy, blogs etc. He was based in China (Shenzhen as it's close to HK) but he's married to a local, he loved it but when he and the missus broke up he came over to Thailand. Stuck it for just 6 months and I think the only thing that kept him here was the ease of getting laid to be honest. Eventually the visa issues, lack of decent internet speeds etc he moved on to Cambodia where he's been for two years now. Great internet connections he tells me and he also tells me he's been ploughing a minor furrow through the local talent.. He enjoys it there, good sports bars etc

• Like 1

Talk to at least 2 firms of English speaking lawyers (assuming you are an anglophone) in the possible countries. Avoid company formation businesses at this stage..

If they are any good, the legal firms wont charge for preliminary discussions, because they will be hoping for your custom.

Time spent at the preliminary stage will be worth it. Be very sure what are your reasons for opting for one adminstration over another.

I'd look at the province of Labuan in Malaysia.

I've heard they have some nice business incentives there.

http://malaysiabizadvisory.com/advantages-registering-malaysia-labuan-company/ though I doubt I'd use that company/website to form anything.

Their command of English is poor & they use the word "hub" crazy.gif .

That was just a quick Google search.

I've heard great things about company formation there from other sources though.

The internet is great for an overall idea of research, but you never know till you put boots on the ground.

As somebody else mentioned, go speak to several law firms with your BS detector on its highest setting.

Edited by jaywalker

The Philippines is your best bet visa rules some what lax They speak English. Subic bay Ideal for business, only have to leave country once every 2 years for a day to start over again. If you need employees 300 pecos a day is norm. Can rent nice house for 500.00 USD a month plus has maid included. Cars some what cheap drive on same side of road as US not ting tong side like in Thailand. Cheap airlines to fly elsewhere. And poddy tat for 500 Pecos all day long.

The Philippines is your best bet visa rules some what lax They speak English. Subic bay Ideal for business, only have to leave country once every 2 years for a day to start over again. If you need employees 300 pecos a day is norm. Can rent nice house for 500.00 USD a month plus has maid included. Cars some what cheap drive on same side of road as US not ting tong side like in Thailand. Cheap airlines to fly elsewhere. And poddy tat for 500 Pecos all day long.

A lot of Thai people go to the Philippines to work and start businesses. Wait a sec........ I may have that backwards. I'll check and get back to you.