Lawyers Council to defend for two Myanmar suspects in Koh Tao case

webfact

Lawyers Council to defend for two Myanmar suspects in Koh Tao case

29-10-2557-16-15-29-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Lawyers Council of Thailand will call a meeting on Friday to discuss a plan to set up a 12-committee and a panel of eight advisors for the defence of two Myanmar suspects in Koh Tao murder case.

Council chairman Mr Dej-udom Krairith said today that the council had agreed to accept Myanmar government’s request for the council to defend for the two suspects charged by the Thai police for the murder of two British tourists on Koh Tao in mid-September.

He said that the Myanmar government and the parents of the two suspects believe that the suspects are innocent and want the council to defend for them in the court.

Parents of the two suspects and the Myanmar ambassador to Thailand Mr Win Muang called on Mr Dej-udom today at the office of the Lawyers Council of Thailand to seek legal counseling.

Mr Dej-udom declined to offer a direct answer when asked by reporters about the police report that DNA tests showed that the DNA samples taken from the two suspects matched with those found in the body of Ms Hannah Witheridge, one of the two victims. He said he had to study the police case file first.

He insisted that the council would be fair to all parties concerned and was ready to help all those who need help without racial discrimination and at no costs.

Meanwhile, Mr Woraphan Toochinda, a village headman and owner of AC Bar on Koh Tao, has offered to bring his son for DNA tests as it was widely suspected that his son had a quarrel with one of the two victims before the murder.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/lawyers-council-defend-two-myanmar-suspects-koh-tao-case/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-10-29

• Like 1

How can the son have had a quarrel when he is CCTVd in his dorm? This case is beyond bizarre, beyond ludicrous.

Just remember the advise of "believe half of what you see and none of what you read" seems to fit well for any information pertaining to Thailand.

• Like 1

How can the son have had a quarrel when he is CCTVd in his dorm? This case is beyond bizarre, beyond ludicrous.

I'm as confused as you are Prbkk.

But I am suspecting the whole saga is turning to a political issue, not only against the government but also against Thailand.

That is why the people in charge are taking steps back and allowing further investigations,

But again they seem to be confident of the outcome.

I would wait and see what happens, with the hope Thailand's reputation and standing does not become worst.

If it is true, what is rumoured on another thead here, that the police now consider Nomsod as guilty, it shouldn't be to difficult to defend those two suspects!!

Seems like it is all about facesaving and damagelimitation at the moment!!coffee1.gif

But I am suspecting the whole saga is turning to a political issue, not only against the government but also against Thailand.

That is why the people in charge are taking steps back and allowing further investigations,

I would wait and see what happens, with the hope Thailand's reputation and standing does not become worst.

"But again they seem to be confident of the outcome."

I wonder if they have some weird plan about the outcome

What they need to do as this case is turning AGAINST Thailand, is to allow accepted CREDIBLE authorities who are impartial like the FBI to investigate open and transparent.

Now the Myanmar Government has concerns for 2 lowly workers?

The brown stuff is definitely hitting the fan it would seem.

"is to allow accepted CREDIBLE authorities who are impartial like the FBI to investigate open and transparent"

So you suggesting the British policemen who are currently in Thailand are not open/transparent or impartial and the only ones who could do this are US authorities ?...blink.png

• Like 2

"is to allow accepted CREDIBLE authorities who are impartial like the FBI to investigate open and transparent"

So you suggesting the British policemen who are currently in Thailand are not open/transparent or impartial and the only ones who could do this are US authorities ?...blink.png

Life was so much easier when the 7th Cavalry would ride in five minutes before the credits rolled.

• Like 1

The KT mafia boss could easily clear his son if he told him to give a DNA test, but this he refuses to do, choosing to use his tried and sure way as in the past, just flashing i few hundred thousand Bht around. Well, he obviously has never come up against an honest police force like Scotland Yard.

Again, they are not worried maybe because the said sample from the victim is actually the Burmese boys - so the rich kids dan will not match - or anybody elses for that matter. Hope the Brits can confirm somehow.

They have been consulting with a man named Baldrick

• Like 1

Indeed an interesting move.

The Lawyers Council plans to set up a council to consider the merits of the case and then to decide whether they will act for the defendants would seem to indicate pressure from influential quarters and a desire (we hope) to ensure justice is done in this case irrespective of who the actual criminals are.

The renewed outburst from the Head Man concern his son would seem to indicate a case of ''loose bowels'' in both him and his son, one is led to nay must presume others who may have been and still are involved in creating diverse paths for the investigation team and the public and the world at large are also experiencing discomfort and a possible shortage of stipends too.

Seems would be very easy to manufacture a CCTV clip with any time and date you want. Those things are not connected to atomic clock in Denver or anything like that. A few well greased palms, adjust the clock, and viola!

They don't even need to alter the original clip. Just set the CCTV camera date/time to what they want and shoot again..boom.

I think it's just the typically poor writing: I believe they're trying to say that he's suspected/thought to have had this quarrel by......but not that his father or ??? say so. No one proofreads anymore, it seems, or they don't have the ability to do so effectively.

He was CCTV'd leaving his 'hor pak' at 09.16 hours on Monday 15 September walking past a heavy set of table and chairs that were apparently removed on 26 June.

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Like 1

I think it's just the typically poor writing: I believe they're trying to say that he's suspected/thought to have had this quarrel by......but not that his father or ??? say so. No one proofreads anymore, it seems, or they don't have the ability to do so effectively.

I think that some witnesses mentioned a quarrel in the AC Bar with management or owners but I am not sure that the boy was specifically implicated. What other witnesses did specifically say was that the boy was seen leaving Koh Tao by speed boat in the early hours of 15 Sept. This was repeated by police who said they were looking for him. His father at the time said he was unable to contract his son.

Dogmatix post # 22.

He was CCTV'd leaving his 'hor pak' at 09.16 hours on Monday 15 September walking past a heavy set of table and chairs that were apparently removed on 26 July.

If you could provide proof of that fact indeed that would blow the whole investigation crew and their leaky ship right out of the water.

exocet-mm40-missile.jpg

The Lawyers Council of Thailand will call a meeting on Friday to discuss a plan to set up a 12-committee and a panel of eight advisors for the defence of two Myanmar suspects in Koh Tao murder case.

Ever hear of the committee that set out to design a horse and ended up with a donkey.

Life was so much easier when the 7th Cavalry would ride in five minutes before the credits rolled.

Who??

Seems would be very easy to manufacture a CCTV clip with any time and date you want. Those things are not connected to atomic clock in Denver or anything like that. A few well greased palms, adjust the clock, and viola!

Viola who?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So you suggesting the British policemen who are currently in Thailand are not open/transparent or impartial and the only ones who could do this are US authorities ?...blink.png alt=blink.png>

Life wasn't easy for General Custer who led the Seventh Cavalry to a slaughter at the Battle of Little Big Horn. Now we have another general leading the charge.

Again, they are not worried maybe because the said sample from the victim is actually the Burmese boys - so the rich kids dan will not match - or anybody elses for that matter. Hope the Brits can confirm somehow.

Of sperm? Where did they get hold of that then?