Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name

webfact

Do you think the British Police would be interested in the mobile records of the 2 presently accused and other persons of intereset? Where would they get these from? Santa?

Ok You don;t think a team of British Police on foreign soil would not use the services of Mi5 etc?

James Bond...well I am 100% certain the real James Bonds are in full working mode, I am sure they are aware what all involved in this investigation eat for breakfast this morning....if you know what I mean!

Mr David Cameron has personally got involved, thats a very unusual for the PM to get involved with a crime of British Nationals on foreign soil.

The Thai authorities would also be advised the British are not impressed when statements issued in the Thai press are attributed to official UK sources.

This stokes the fires of anger that little bit further,

A mental health evaluation is required for this poster...

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok You don;t think a team of British Police on foreign soil would not use the services of Mi5 etc?

James Bond...well I am 100% certain the real James Bonds are in full working mode, I am sure they are aware what all involved in this investigation eat for breakfast this morning....if you know what I mean!

Mr David Cameron has personally got involved, thats a very unusual for the PM to get involved with a crime of British Nationals on foreign soil.

The Thai authorities would also be advised the British are not impressed when statements issued in the Thai press are attributed to official UK sources.

LOL.. No

Isn't it a bit too late for DNA testing? How easy is it to swap or contaminate the samples? Can someone clarify?

easy as spit...literally unless there is a controlled chain of custody that follows certain protocols that ensures that that particular piece of evidence is tracked to ensure it belongs to the original source of the evidence

The other thing about this forensic evidence is how certain it is.not.

Many years ago it was discovered that fingerprints were unique - nobody had the same two prints.

So an exact match should be sufficient prof of guilt or innocence.

Well that's not the way it turned out. From what I understand only four or five five "matches" on a particular print is acceptable to a court.

With DNA there will be thousands of matches available...not sure how many count for a match legally.

I have read that certain "James Bond" types can capture DNA samples from air exhaled in a hotel room.

Bit of a worry.

• Like 1

Well I hope your boys are just as complacent as there lackey lol

LOL.. No

Why does it matter? Conspiracy nuts will just not believe and demand more proof only to then go on and disbelieve that.

What kind of results are these people thinking will happen ... that somehow the two DNA samples collected at the scene will somehow match a third person making two people who don't even share the same heritage having identical DNA. THEY ALREADY MATCHED THE DNA and this kid was not even on the island at the time of the murders. At least their is tough defamation laws in Thailand and this is a perfect example of when they should be used.

If the matches are so certain, why has the prosecutor sent the docket back THREE times?

I think the only DNA match is between the cigarette butts on the beach and the 2 Myanmar guys, and they have already admitted they were on the beach. This is why the prosecutor keeps asking for more evidence - I have never read that they have a match between the Myanmar and from inside Hannah . Big man will have paid the local police to make sure that any DNA that is tested isn't actually from the son. There is no point in the Myanmar guys denying it if they did it, because they would know that their DNA was inside Hannah. Only the son of the big boss would rape and expect to get away with it.

No, I think there was a DNA match claimed between the cigarette and the semen. Whether the claim by police that this DNA matches the Burmese suspects is a true claim is the big question.

Unless the Brits have already been remarkably influential themselves and forced this test, why do it? Isn't the likely answer that the influential person knows that there will not be a match (and needs to get everyone off his back).

This doesn't necessarily mean that there has to be some sinister orchestration of a dishonest non-match, with his friends in the RTP playing games with either the base DNA samples from that night or the new sample from him. (Although everyone will naturally want to see how public, transparent and independently supervised is this new test.)

I think the test (still assuming it's entirely voluntary) can go sweetly without any new skulduggery, and that requires either that he is totally innnocent or simply that he is assured that the DNA on the cigarette that matches the semen is the only DNA his will be tested against and is not his. Doesn't mean he didn't participate, but helps him bolster that assertion. Good move, long awaited, way too late and too many other issues to remove all suspicion, but good move.

Haven't kept up to date on this but the last I read there was no semen on the inside of the condom. Happy to be corrected.

There was semen collected from the female victim.

This is going to start the unravelling of the case against the Burmese kids. It will turn out, that the kids will be released because of some admin error or something.

Then it will start the real full attempted cover up for someone else. Of course, if this DNA test today matches anything, they won't be able to cover it up because the British coppers will be present to see the results.

Then big trouble. How to cover it up? Can't be done. Cue plan to get someone out of the country and hope the story goes really quiet.

The fact they haven't charged the Burmese formally has to be because they can't prove a DNA match. That's it.

Yes but independently, and as said Nomsod says he was in Bangkok, so why the test today?

Again in such a high profile case, and a case that has caused massive interest in THAILAND, the vast majority of people accusing Nomsod are Thai....why???? Thai's look after there own...

The average Thai seems to me to be very angry at this investigation......Nomsod may well be guilty but he may well be innocent, if he is the latter I genuinely feel for the guy, it must be horrendous to have 100s thousands of people calling you a murderer.

But issuing CCTV in Bangkok then a month later getting a televised DNA test....seems to me to be bizzare.

With his family's wealth, bring in independent testers, even the British Police that are now in Thailand.

If they says he is clear I would happily say I am sorry for doubting you Nomsod, now get on and enjoy your life.....

I genuinely want to believe Nomsod is not involved, but if he is worried by the damage to his reputation and his fathers, after all his father has a multi million baht business....just release your phone data....end of story....then go after the internet detectives, press and tv.

The same go's for Mon his Uncle, if you have nothing to hide and the rumors are affecting your life and business do a DNA test......again end the rumours

Did you not say in the past, just take a DNA test??
  • Like 1

To : JDINISIA

REf; My post #420

Are you able to answer my question about CCTV implicating the 2 in custody?

have answered (and the question has been answered many times)
Maybe you've studied this case a lot closer than I have, but the only CCTV clips I recall are the ones with the 3 guys on the motorbike (no helmets.. pay police 3 x 400bht tea money) and the guy buying cigarettes. The cigarette DNA aspect regarding the cigarette is discredited by the invasion of the crime scene by at least one celebrity, who was later a prime suspect in the investigation. A forensics expert didn't arrive on the scene for at least 2 days after the murders took place. How can the DNA analysis at or near the crime scene be untainted in this situation? I hope for the sake of the 2 in custody they are adequately represented at any trial, and these 'imperfections' are rigorously persued by their defence lawyers.

Again...Why has Mr Nomsod had a DNA Test when he and his lawyer stated he was not on Koh Tao on the day of the murders.

Was he lying?

Were the CCTV images of him at his halls of residence fake?

If they were fake, why has his University not mad a complaint to the police or Mr Nomsod? Because IF Mr Nomsod is involved in the murders or in the rape, they ( University and his Girlfriend alibi) become accessory to Murder

If they were why have the police not charged him with wasting police time at the very least?

Why was the DNA test done under the media spotlight?

This test has brought even more suspicion on Mr Nomsod

Why does Mr Nosod just release his Mobile Phone data on or about the time of the murder....this would clear him unequivocally IF he was in Bangkok

MR Nomsod. were you on Koh Tao at the time of the murders????? A Very simply question,,,,and an even simpler answer YES or NO...why have the RTP not asked this

He WAS on the island, he was caught on cctv shaking david's hand at 1.07 am. His father said he wasn't then said he went back to UNI early that morning.

Most of the island know he was there..if they have to prove it,they can without doubt.

If the father was so certain nomsod was in BKK he can offer 1 million to anyone who can prove nomsod was not on the island...not hard.

If he was as you say caught on CTV at that time, then why on earth was he not arrested, and who is to say that the other 2 DNA test get switched with his DNA test, Oh well lets see what pans out in the time to come. but be assured when the Thai Authorities are backed into a corner, some one must pay for it, whether guilty or not, that is the Thai way, and the world knows and, and kind off accepts it

Does anyone know the Island well on here? Reason I ask is because I'm not sure where the two Burmese guys' living quarters where in relation to where the bodies where found.

Even IF the running man is one of the Burmese lads, where is the other one? Is that CCTV camera unavoidable if going from the beach to the bar area? I heard the two suspects lived close to the bar, but I could be wrong. Perhaps there is much more CCTV that hasn't been released? The fact that the RTP had moving footage of Nomsod may be telling. They perhaps have much more evidence than at first thought and perhaps released the video to lessen the heat on Nomsod and co. It does seem as though the RTP are being quiet now (perhaps on the advice of Scotland Yard) about what evidence they may (or may not) have.

The slurs will follow Nomsod unless Scotland Yard clear him on DNA, CCTV footage and phone records. Perhaps they already have? If I were hm and had to go through all that...I would be suing the ass of the RTP (for releasing what amounted to Thailand's most wanted on tv) and a certain FB page woud be getting a call from my lawyers.

To be fair, it still looks fishy anyway and is one of the most baffling cases I've seen, but the key thing will be in the presentation of evidence. If confirmed as 'good evidence' by Scotland Yard, you'll have to accept it imo.

• Like 1

He WAS on the island, he was caught on cctv shaking david's hand at 1.07 am.

Are you sure it was 1.07 am? Not 1.06 am? Or 1.08 am perhaps? The fact you are saying 1.07 am implicates you have seen CCTV footage confirming this? Please enlighten us all. Thank you!

BTW: I also believe he was there but your statement is indicating you know.

Yes but independently, and as said Nomsod says he was in Bangkok, so why the test today?

Again in such a high profile case, and a case that has caused massive interest in THAILAND, the vast majority of people accusing Nomsod are Thai....why???? Thai's look after there own...

The average Thai seems to me to be very angry at this investigation......Nomsod may well be guilty but he may well be innocent, if he is the latter I genuinely feel for the guy, it must be horrendous to have 100s thousands of people calling you a murderer.

But issuing CCTV in Bangkok then a month later getting a televised DNA test....seems to me to be bizzare.

With his family's wealth, bring in independent testers, even the British Police that are now in Thailand.

If they says he is clear I would happily say I am sorry for doubting you Nomsod, now get on and enjoy your life.....

I genuinely want to believe Nomsod is not involved, but if he is worried by the damage to his reputation and his fathers, after all his father has a multi million baht business....just release your phone data....end of story....then go after the internet detectives, press and tv.

The same go's for Mon his Uncle, if you have nothing to hide and the rumors are affecting your life and business do a DNA test......again end the rumours

Did you not say in the past, just take a DNA test??

Got it

You wanted a DNA test. Were outraged one wasn't done. Now you are still banging the conspiracy theorist drum!

Something is bothering me about the initial DNA thing.

Has there been a report/confirmation that categorically says the Burmese DNA matches the DNA profile from the semen found from Hannah? I'm talking direct here: Burmese DNA - Semen DNA.

Everything I've read suggests their DNA matches that found on a cigarette and then separately that DNA found on the cigarette matches that from the semen found from Hannah: Burmese DNA - Cigarette DNA - Semen DNA.

Surely if they are satisfied that the Burmese DNA matched the semen, they'd drop the bloody cigarette bit? Why the reluctance to do that?

If I've missed a report, please share the link.

Has there been a report/confirmation that categorically says the Burmese DNA matches the DNA profile from the semen found from Hannah? I'm talking direct here: Burmese DNA - Semen DNA.

Everything I've read suggests their DNA matches that found on a cigarette and then separately that DNA found on the cigarette matches that from the semen found from Hannah: Burmese DNA - Cigarette DNA - Semen DNA.

Surely if they are satisfied that the Burmese DNA matched the semen, they'd drop the bloody cigarette bit? Why the reluctance to do that?

This is probably another reason the prosecutors have sent the case bak for 3rd time , to many holes in this case and many necks are on the line.

But slowly the truth will come out as social media will be a big part in solving this case.

Any word if the UK investigators were at the DNA testing ?

Any word what their schedule is ? Are they leaving soon or sticking around for awhile ?

Next substantial thing we hear from the UK Police will almost certainly be at the inquest. And we will know, if they ask for their evidence to be heard in camera, that it is damming of the Thai System,

I read a few times 2 minutes of the running man cctv are missing.

This would be higly suspicious and should not be forgot.

What about cctv of ac bar? Have they cctv?

Has it been used? Did it disappear? Did the police check it? May be this is where they found the proof that nomsod and his uncle were involved.

All these are facts that would rise suspicion very high - as nomsod's father owns

all that and certainly can easily change or get rid of it. Or buy it back from police?

Anybody aware of sources?

Forget the cigg butt already. It has no bearing on guilt of anyone. Same for the unused condom.

The police claimed, right after arresting the Burmese, that their DNA matched the DNA found in the victim. Some on this thread has mentioned a 3rd person's semen found on victim's chest. That's a report I must have missed. The important DNA profiles now are the 2 or 3 found with the female victim. One main reason why there's so much debate online is: it's not clear whether that DNA profile is reliable. It's the police's word, and thus far (and in prior crime cases) Thai police have been shown to lie and/or nail scapegoats. Their credibility is in the mud.

Most of us (other than JTJ and JD) are hoping the Brit experts will clear things up. However, that could be a tall order because the Thai PM has explicitly hamstrung them by insisting they be no more than 'observers.'

I think the Brits will take the gentlemanly/diplomatic way out, and not say anything which will enrage their hosts. Afterwards, when they get to Beefeater Land, one will write a very interesting book about his all-expenses-paid trip to Thailand. I'd like to co-author it (I've had a dozen books published).

]

Yes. He is more powerful than both the army and the police, in a sense that neither will go after his family, under any circumstances. The only reason this has not "gone away" is due to the influence of the public and the relentless posts and peoples unwillingness to let it go. You cannot clear your sons reputation, as your son is as guilty as the day is long. And this is not the first crime he has committed. I realize your family is accustomed to getting off "Scot free" all these years. You have all been able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want. That is ending here. At least for now. Get used to being under the spotlight. Thank your unconscious son for that. He grew up surrounded with hundreds of millions of dollars. As a son of a family nobody touches. Now, he has attracted unwanted attention. Too bad. Pay the price for your behavior, and your lack of concern for people, and for society. You are not the best of what Thailand has to offer.

Neither will go after his family but police named them as suspects publicly and took the dad and brother to jail early on, interrogated them and demanded DNA testing which they complied to. The police further publicly accused the son and publicly claimed he fled the island after the murder based on hearsay only to find out he was not in the island at the time.

It is actually comical to believe this tiny island's headsman has such power over the entire police force and army ... something Thaksin and his family didn;t even has as PM.

So there goes that theory that police won;t touch them.

you miss some very important bits from your story

firstly the dad was never taken to jail, mon and his mate the off duty police were questioned after chasing

sean mcanna to the 7-11,mon was quoted as having a "word", the headman appeared and mon was free.

I have followed this case and no where have I read about any completed dna tests on their family until today.

on around the 23rd of September police announced that they had evidence linking mon and another suspect to the murders, there was cctv and other evidence and the other suspect had fled to bangkok.

by about the 25th of September a new police chief was placed in charge, the two family suspects became

x suspects and were not mentioned by the new police chief again.

you then have sondhi limthongkul the thai media mogul and leader of the new politics party appearing

on tv and telling every one that yes koh tao is a cover up with mafia involvement.

with all this plus the strange and ridiculous things that have had the world open mouthed since day one

of this investigation is it any wonder most people think there is something wrong here.

• Like 2

What If he did not want to give DNA because he was scared of being a scapegoat? Has anyone thought of that? If people are saying DNA is being switched maybe he was just scared the same would happen to him?

I do not know the facts only theories same as everyone else, please do not say I am defending I am just turning it around to another theory.

Children of influential people in Thailand are never made scapegoats. You should read-up on the 'Son of Red Bull' hit/drag and run case.

I know the story and there is no comparison when it comes to wealth on that one. I was just trying to turn the scenario round and ask if it was possible?

please don't start with scenarios. We all know the real scenario.

(

Now that the DNA has been swapped, he is willing to submit to a test.

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

Given the botched (purposely?) investigation and the reputation of Thai police, there is no proof that this is/was a straight and honest one to begin with. Where is the transparency, accountability, logic and other more plausible suspects...sir! This seems to be the only way one may conclude thus far.

The Brits have at the very least 2 eye witness statements, at least 2 people whom WERE with the deceased that night, and BOTH those people WILL be AWARE if Mr Nomsod was in or around the AC Bar that evening.

Maybe thats why Mr Nomsod has rushed to have a DNA test.

But DNA is just one minor part of an investigation, hence why the Thai courts will not start procedings against the 2 Burmese.....lack or no eveidence.

The Brits....do they have the said evidence....alll will become apparent soon

I suspect the prosecutor instigated this. After all it would be relevant to the case as he was a suspect himself.

I read a few times 2 minutes of the running man cctv are missing.

This would be higly suspicious and should not be forgot.

What about cctv of ac bar? Have they cctv?

Has it been used? Did it disappear? Did the police check it? May be this is where they found the proof that nomsod and his uncle were involved.

All these are facts that would rise suspicion very high - as nomsod's father owns

all that and certainly can easily change or get rid of it. Or buy it back from police?

Anybody aware of sources?

There hasn't been any prior mention of CCTV at the bar premises. Like most places, it probably doesn't have that. However, recreating the scene at the bar for the hours preceding the time David and Hannah left (together?) would be extremely useful. That can be done by photos, but mostly from witnesses, even if there are just a few. Police have very effectively avoided any mention of this publicly. There's been mention of the bar scene on social media, but police and headman's family shielders don't give any of that credence. Anyone in the bar that night should at least sign an affidavit to present their witness testimony. I believe they can do it without revealing too much about themselves (because any testimony which might implicate the headman's people could subject that witness to bodily harm). Still, anyone out there (with any bit of pertinent info) should do that.

In the US it's called 'Friend of the Court' ....I don't know if that provision (for incognito witnesses) even exists here in Thailand.

• Like 1

OK I'll put it out there!!

I reckon the British cops know exactly what is going on

This DNA of the Headman's son is for show purposes only.

This will calm the situation and give some people comfort on the island showing that no-one is above suspicion, including the cops. Things will cool down and things will get back to normal for a week or so.....sort of.

Then they will nail the true perpetrator. who I speculate is the football player with the stingray rings in a joint Thai/Brit operation and of course the BIB will be the heroes but who cares.

Just saying.

Yep, I suspect that stingray man and the fat hoe-man need to be investigated and DNAed. These guys left the island in a rush and returned when the boys were arrested.

Forget the cigg butt already. It has no bearing on guilt of anyone. Same for the unused condom.

The police claimed, right after arresting the Burmese, that their DNA matched the DNA found in the victim. Some on this thread has mentioned a 3rd person's semen found on victim's chest. That's a report I must have missed. The important DNA profiles now are the 2 or 3 found with the female victim. One main reason why there's so much debate online is: it's not clear whether that DNA profile is reliable. It's the police's word, and thus far (and in prior crime cases) Thai police have been shown to lie and/or nail scapegoats. Their credibility is in the mud.

Most of us (other than JTJ and JD) are hoping the Brit experts will clear things up. However, that could be a tall order because the Thai PM has explicitly hamstrung them by insisting they be no more than 'observers.'

I think the Brits will take the gentlemanly/diplomatic way out, and not say anything which will enrage their hosts. Afterwards, when they get to Beefeater Land, one will write a very interesting book about his all-expenses-paid trip to Thailand. I'd like to co-author it (I've had a dozen books published).

Is this Police claim documented anywhere public?

]

Yes. He is more powerful than both the army and the police, in a sense that neither will go after his family, under any circumstances. The only reason this has not "gone away" is due to the influence of the public and the relentless posts and peoples unwillingness to let it go. You cannot clear your sons reputation, as your son is as guilty as the day is long. And this is not the first crime he has committed. I realize your family is accustomed to getting off "Scot free" all these years. You have all been able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, to whomever you want. That is ending here. At least for now. Get used to being under the spotlight. Thank your unconscious son for that. He grew up surrounded with hundreds of millions of dollars. As a son of a family nobody touches. Now, he has attracted unwanted attention. Too bad. Pay the price for your behavior, and your lack of concern for people, and for society. You are not the best of what Thailand has to offer.

Neither will go after his family but police named them as suspects publicly and took the dad and brother to jail early on, interrogated them and demanded DNA testing which they complied to. The police further publicly accused the son and publicly claimed he fled the island after the murder based on hearsay only to find out he was not in the island at the time.

It is actually comical to believe this tiny island's headsman has such power over the entire police force and army ... something Thaksin and his family didn;t even has as PM.

So there goes that theory that police won;t touch them.

you miss some very important bits from your story

firstly the dad was never taken to jail, mon and his mate the off duty police were questioned after chasing

sean mcanna to the 7-11,mon was quoted as having a "word", the headman appeared and mon was free.

I have followed this case and no where have I read about any completed dna tests on their family until today.

on around the 23rd of September police announced that they had evidence linking mon and another suspect to the murders, there was cctv and other evidence and the other suspect had fled to bangkok.

by about the 25th of September a new police chief was placed in charge, the two family suspects became

x suspects and were not mentioned by the new police chief again.

you then have sondhi limthongkul the thai media mogul and leader of the new politics party appearing

on tv and telling every one that yes koh tao is a cover up with mafia involvement.

with all this plus the strange and ridiculous things that have had the world open mouthed since day one

of this investigation is it any wonder most people think there is something wrong here.

Zoza, you beat me to the punch. At least some of us are following this case closely. JTJ claims police "...took the dad and brother to jail" Not so. Dad never even saw a jail and Mon was merely interrogated for 3 hours. Let's not lose sight of the fact that the dad and his brother, Mon, are both heavyweights on the island, and bosom buddies with the cops, who they probably pay handsomely for maintaining the status quo. Mon is a handsome cat, with his wavy black hair, and is probably a hit with the pretty drunk farang chicks who frequent his popular beach bar. There's been online talk (admittedly rumors) that Sean supplied date-rape drugs to Mon and other Thai guys who score chicks at the bar. It's not hard evidence in this case, but it fits with the scenario of what may have happened the night of the crime, particularly when you add the younger handsome nephew, also with attractive curly black hair, whose daddy owns the bar. I'm not saying it's criminal to be handsome and score with a lot of loose farang chicks (with or without date-rape drugs), ....am just saying it fits with the type of scene one finds at a backpacker bar on a tropical island in Thailand. Oh, and buckets of booze flowing like tap water.

He WAS on the island, he was caught on cctv shaking david's hand at 1.07 am.

Are you sure it was 1.07 am? Not 1.06 am? Or 1.08 am perhaps? The fact you are saying 1.07 am implicates you have seen CCTV footage confirming this? Please enlighten us all. Thank you!

BTW: I also believe he was there but your statement is indicating you know.

I have no need to enlighten you nor do I wish to.

Who's 'us all'

I suggest you have another drink do your homework beginning 14 September.

I'll tell you right now what the outcome will be. He will be cleared and not because of some nefarious scheme cooked up by the BIB. Anyone familiar with familial DNA testing knows that because the father and uncle have already been tested and cleared that he will be cleared too. The thing that will remove all doubt is the fact that Scotland Yard will now be witness to this new testing. If they closely monitor the test - as I have no doubt they will -that should put the final nail in the conspiracy theory coffin.

When did the relatives have their DNA taken, was it at the beginning when everyone else had theirs taken?

There was some talk that the father tested. And apparently there was a 70% match to the dna on Hannah.

The two boys were taken for acheck last week, which was strange after 1 month. One wonders if an extra DNA sample could have been taken.

A switch really would not be that difficult.

re phone record GCHQ

They say police are scared of this powerful family but then point to the fact police took them into custody, interrogated them and publicly accused them early on in the case.

That's because evidence first found pointed at the headman's family. That evidence is likely still valid. The evidence doesn't become moot just because police switched focus to the Burmese. As soon as the Headman realized evidence was pointing at his son and brother, they all went in to emergency mode to fix the situation. This they did rather effectively, because the focus shifted to non-Thais, the silly security shots from Bkk were released. Thai officialdom WANTED to find scapegoats. The prior police head was causing embarassment, because one or two locals popped up claiming they had been offered payment to lie. Then the top cop was replaced by higher-ups in Bkk. Within hours: the Burmese had signed confessions, DNA matched, headman's family were let off the hook, the farcical reenactment. The beat goes on......

....just release your phone data....end of story....then go after the internet detectives, press and tv.

One of the first things Nomsod probably did after fleeing from the island: got a haircut (as soon as he heard about the security video footage). Just before or just after that, he and his family chucked their SIM cards, and someone probably went to the local phone company to make sure there wouldn't be any trace of their calling history.

The condo cctv shows Nomsod with longer hair.

• Like 1