Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name

webfact

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that the DNA has been swapped, he is willing to submit to a test.

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

Are you Robblok Tuwichien by any chance?

I am back in the US and have seen where the laws have changed here, requiring everyone convicted of certain misdeameanors and ALL felonies are now REQUIRED to give their DNA I can tell you this with 100% certaintly,

there is NO WAY, I will voluntarily give my DNA, to anyone, for any reason, unless it was to save my kids's life and they needed to check for a an antibody?

Interesting that the two most stalwart defenders of the headman's family and friends, are also the two posters who adamantly insist they would never give DNA samples to authorities.

All those who are not turning backflips to shield the headman's family (99% of us) are pretty much agreed to giving DNA in such a case. Particularly if any one of us were innocent of the crime, and submitting DNA were a way to get cleared.

There are true stories of rapes in farang lands, where every male in the crime region is requested (or required) to submit for DNA - and sometimes authorities nail the rapist by doing so. However, JTJ and JDinasia would be too haughty to comply with such a dragnet.

• Like 1

And I'm going to sue whoever dared to tell the truth, farang don't understand this is Thailand and the truth is just a minor inconvieance that shouldn't be taken seriously!

Exactly what they mean.. the DNA is swapped.. no proof of this statement at all but posted anyway.

Are you Robblok Tuwichien by any chance?

Im a long time poster here you idiot not someone who is not even registered a year. I live a bit above BKK and have no connection to Ko Tao everyone who goes through my history knows that.

This is what i mean with idiots trying to destroy someones reputation without fact, even if said in jest the next one might mean it.

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

If the guy is innocent?? Well yeah, but if he was innocent he would of submitted long ago to a DNA test.

Why ? Because some people don't believe him ?. This is not trial by media. I know that I would be real wary giving off my DNA to the Thai police who knows what happens with it. If there is no real good reason for it I would certainly never give of DNA to satisfy some internet group.

Who knows how convincing his real evidence was for being in BKK. The stuff you guys have not see. It is as if everyone thinks that they are entitled to all the evidence and know the same stuff as the police.

I have a police friend buddy (back in my birth country) he tells me that even there what is printed in newspapers is often far from what has actually happened. I find it amusing to say the least that people think they can do an investigation from behind their computer instead of having the real facts the police is privileged too.

I make no claims about this guy either way, but his reputation is toast either way. This will hunt them for a long time even if not guilty.

But many farangs hate rich Thais with a vengeance because then they cant feel superior. Admit it its much nicer if some HISO is guilty instead of some lowly worker. So there is prejudice too.

He got in to a arguement with the victims hours before they were murdered, and refused a DNA test.

That's all I know.

And that dribble about farang not liking hiso's because they don't feel superior is nonsense.

I just don't like people getting away with murder because of money and who they are. (Red Bull)

Neither would anyone who doesnt have vested interest!

I can understand it .. if the guy is innocent and some internet hero's destroy his image.. id be pissed too.

If the guy is innocent?? Well yeah, but if he was innocent he would of submitted long ago to a DNA test.

Why ? Because some people don't believe him ?. This is not trial by media. I know that I would be real wary giving off my DNA to the Thai police who knows what happens with it. If there is no real good reason for it I would certainly never give of DNA to satisfy some internet group.

Who knows how convincing his real evidence was for being in BKK. The stuff you guys have not see. It is as if everyone thinks that they are entitled to all the evidence and know the same stuff as the police.

I have a police friend buddy (back in my birth country) he tells me that even there what is printed in newspapers is often far from what has actually happened. I find it amusing to say the least that people think they can do an investigation from behind their computer instead of having the real facts the police is privileged too.

I make no claims about this guy either way, but his reputation is toast either way. This will hunt them for a long time even if not guilty.

But many farangs hate rich Thais with a vengeance because then they cant feel superior. Admit it its much nicer if some HISO is guilty instead of some lowly worker. So there is prejudice too.

OK....................run along and fill up the air bottles - and after that check the BCD's theres a good boy!!

Look prime example of ruining a reputation based on nothing. Everyone here can check where I am from and that I have no relation to Ko Tao. I ask for the mods to keep these posts and please not delete them.

They make my point so well.

He will "present" a sample. Someone needs to let him know that is not the way it is done. He needs to present himself and a qualified, independent, person takes the sample.

The British investigators are at Kho Tao now. Let them take a sample and run the DNA testing. If negative, good, his son is cleared.

Guys just look up where what love posts. Again I ask the mods not to delete this as it proves my point. I have been a long time poster with no relation to Ko Tao but now without proof I am someone connected to the dive industry. Trying to destroy a reputation based on an opinion.

That is what those witch hunters here do and I can understand people getting pissed about it.

Remember that the UK have had the bodies for some time now. 'If' the DNA can be tested against any confirmed DNA by the UK experts then he probably didn't rape poor Hannah. However, it still doesn't explain the CCTV footage on Koh Tao and in Bangkok. I think that needs to be explained, perhaps by some CCTV experts (and show any extra footage if possible).

You could say 'That's the court's/cops' business...not the public' but I'm thinking about Nomsod and his family here. If they prove the vids are him in BKK and not him in Ko Tao (with any extra footage we're not privy to via CCTV experts...UK ones preferably) then the family can hold their heads high and sue the ass out of anyone claiming a conspiracy. All we have is grainy and rather odd CCTV still in Bangers and suspicious footage of the running man/shake hands man. Seconds of it and the quality isn't great.

Clear that up and everyone will shut up.

What are you talking about?........................the bodies were buried weeks ago............but dont let that small fact get in the way of the Thai Police planting DNA evidence and fabricating results. I have stopped worrying about this case now I am sure Cameron has give British Police as a favor to Thai Government to back up their fabrications and keep relations sweet................the British Police are NOT there to find the truth anymore than Tuvichien is there to prove his innocence - its now lie upon lie and the agrieved parties are the murdered tourists. No justice for them now!!

"Yes but he gave proof of an alibi if his alibi is good why give DNA ?"

Is this a serious comment given the gravity of the case and all the inconsistencies ?. Your question should be "If his alibi is good they why refuse to give DNA ?".

Someone should point out to this 3rd world throwback that clearing someone's name means proving their innocence, not using your influence with the police to prosecute those who say things you don't like.

• Like 2

His name would have been cleared if he would have given the sample right away. Now, with two months time to swap all samples and meddle with the DNA samples found in Hannah, this proves nothing.

Disappearing for a full week after the murders and refusing to give a DNA sample right after showing up again got him in this situation, not "some internet hero".

Typical Thainess - always pointing fingers at others... Neither the reputation of Thailand, nor the "influential island figure" son's reputation will receive a positive boost through this "vow or declaration".

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 1

Guys just look up where what love posts. Again I ask the mods not to delete this as it proves my point. I have been a long time poster with no relation to Ko Tao but now without proof I am someone connected to the dive industry. Trying to destroy a reputation based on an opinion.

That is what those witch hunters here do and I can understand people getting pissed about it.

Really?

Yes really sir.. you are an prime example of ignorance. Anyone can go through my posts and find my job and where I live. In all my time I have almost never (maybe years ago) posted about diving.

You are making assumptions trying to destroy me based on no information at all. You are a great example about what is wrong with internet heroes. I have send a post to a mod to please not delete this as it shows how wrong your side can be and how crazy your side can be with little information.

Or of course it says something about your intelligence. I let other posters decide that.

It's their own problem, they could have submitted to a DNA test early on - no match then, problem gone. Now nobody will believe it anymore.
Actually, to a degree, I think that was done early on in the investigation. Mon, the headman's brother and Nomsod's uncle, supposedly submitted a sample for DNA (which was processed quite quickly!) and it was immediately announced that there was no match. However, when viewed in the perspective of the many other ways officialdom has been shielding the headman's family/friends, .....then its veracity is suspect - as is this latest story. Like a lot of others following this case, I'll only trust DNA handling if it's done by non-Thai experts.
  • Like 1

Look prime example of ruining a reputation based on nothing. Everyone here can check where I am from and that I have no relation to Ko Tao. I ask for the mods to keep these posts and please not delete them.

OK....................run along and fill up the air bottles - and after that check the BCD's theres a good boy!!

They make my point so well.

no need to publicly jump in and defend these guys, mate.

they themselves did not do their bits to protect their own reputation, just the opposite ( publicly offering "a million if you can catch me"...., refusing DNA while all the island's migrant workers are forced to, just to mention a few). THAT's where it all started, their very own behaviours, they themselves gave the world the reasons to not believe them and start thinking... no need to start crying now... "mafia" are not supposed to cry anyway... doesn't look too cool... wink.png

• Like 2

How the original DNA can swapped? Before you write completly BS go check the Facts about DNA!!!

Today you can mix the DNA from 10 People and they can find out from who it is.

"Tuwichian would present a sample to clear his name at the invitation of the national police chief"

This looks like he has been asked politely to be tested maybe he had no choice.

I'm pretty sure this is the case. The police and prosecutors do politely invite suspects for a little chat. It's pathetic. In civilised countries where the rule of Law is enforced, they pick the bugg3rs up! The Thai junta has been under a lot of international pressure to 'invite' this kid to provide a sample.

• Like 1

I hope the DNA is taken professionally, by professionals and witnessed by the British officers who I believe are still here in Thailand. There should be no ambiguity, no possibility of a swap, no reasons to suspect that the DNA sample is from anyone (or anything) else other than Nomsod. If he is innocent, let it be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Or am I daydreaming here?

As for the 'damaged reputation', you brought it upon yourself. You should have volunteered to submit your DNA the moment there was even a hint of suspicion that you were involved in any way, instead of waffling about while your dad flexed those 'influential muscle' of his. Deal with it. Face is like respect. You earn it. Not buy or demand for it.

• Like 1

True or false : Nomsod had an altercation with the couple in the bar the night they were killed.

Something like he was harassing the girl and the male Brit stepped in to stop him with resultant altercation.

Edited by morrobay

He will "present" a sample. Someone needs to let him know that is not the way it is done. He needs to present himself and a qualified, independent, person takes the sample.

The British investigators are at Kho Tao now. Let them take a sample and run the DNA testing. If negative, good, his son is cleared.

may I add.... IF the Brits have DNA data taken from the victim.

However, even if DNA doesn't match (using Brit expertise, no Thai) then there could be a possibility that Nomsod (and his buddies) may have been involved with the assault, if other clues point to that. In other words, a person can be a murderer without also being a rapist. A key factor in this case is the scenario in the nearby backpacker bar(s) in the hours prior to the crime. Cops haven't said anything about it (haven't investigated that?) but social media has, and social media could have some nuggets of truth to add to the mix.

• Like 2

may I add.... IF the Brits have DNA data taken from the victim.

However, even if DNA doesn't match (using Brit expertise, no Thai) then there could be a possibility that Nomsod (and his buddies) may have been involved with the assault, if other clues point to that. In other words, a person can be a murderer without also being a rapist. A key factor in this case is the scenario in the nearby backpacker bar(s) in the hours prior to the crime. Cops haven't said anything about it (haven't investigated that?) but social media has, and social media could have some nuggets of truth to add to the mix.

But so even if he is cleared he is still guilty.. That is what I mean no proof is ever good enough it seems.

I hope for DNA testing and preferably by the Brits, but as you demonstrated for some its never enough.

A reputation or a name can be destroyed so easy as one of the users here just demonstrated.

I am not saying don't keep pressure here or don't follow it but seems like some have convicted the guy already.

I can understand comments and speculation about public figures (they choose the job) but normal people there other standards apply. This is why normal police forces don't give out too much details about investigations.

True or false : Nomsod had an altercation with the couple in the bar the night they were killed.

Something like he was harassing the girl and the male Brit stepped in to stop him with resultant altercation.

Please clarify what your "true or false" is supposed to mean?

Just adding speculation or rumours or pointing at a witnessed event??!

This guy, not only is the son of a influential figure. It is the son of the bar owner and had an argument with the victim, in public, and short time before the crime. I believe that this guy didn't raped the girl, and was not involved "directly" in the crime.

The only thing I know, from direct experience, is that a "boss" or powerful person just need to tell its "servants" that do not like somebody to get it dead or beaten. The Police also knows that. For some reason, he was considered a suspect.

He didnt' have nothing to lose or be afraid cooperating with the Police. if he was innocent of any wrong doing. The Police will never will frame an "influential person"

Why he dind't cleared his name right away, hide few days in BK, got a lawyer, and didn't allow to get tested? That's the question.

If his reputation was damaged, was his fault.

What part of your statement is not conjecture or pushing an agenda?

He cleared his name with the police. Social media has no standing in the case.

That they choose to come forward now to clarify things before taking action against those who have defamed them makes sense.

• Like 1

How the original DNA can swapped? Before you write completly BS go check the Facts about DNA!!!

Today you can mix the DNA from 10 People and they can find out from who it is.

I think what peptidebomber is alluding to: something like: if the original record of the DNA from the victim were tampered with, examples......

>>> take the file on computer and re-name it, or file it differently

>>> if the original DNA read-out from the victim is on a paper card in a file somewhere, how hard would it be to pay someone (the headman has many millions of baht) to slightly skew the records?

Stranger things have happened. There's a true story of an art-forger whose partner went in to the hallowed archives (where art credentials are kept) and clandestinely switched credential vouchers/verifications, in order to make the forgeries appear like originals. For many months, the ruse worked, and the partners got rich.

• Like 2