Koh Tao murders: Influential island figure vows to clear his son's name

webfact

I'll tell you right now what the outcome will be. He will be cleared and not because of some nefarious scheme cooked up by the BIB. Anyone familiar with familial DNA testing knows that because the father and uncle have already been tested and cleared that he will be cleared too. The thing that will remove all doubt is the fact that Scotland Yard will now be witness to this new testing. If they closely monitor the test - as I have no doubt they will -that should put the final nail in the conspiracy theory coffin.

When did the relatives have their DNA taken, was it at the beginning when everyone else had theirs taken?

Very early on when the police publicly accused them and this kid of being involved and prior to them clearing him because they confirmed he was not on the island at the time. I believe they were the second big suspects in the case after theyfirst accused and then cleared the farang friend who had the cut. Hard to remember but that first week or two they were confident of a number of people's guilt before clearing them, including other Burmese, and before matching the DNA to the two in custody.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll tell you right now what the outcome will be. He will be cleared and not because of some nefarious scheme cooked up by the BIB. Anyone familiar with familial DNA testing knows that because the father and uncle have already been tested and cleared that he will be cleared too. The thing that will remove all doubt is the fact that Scotland Yard will now be witness to this new testing. If they closely monitor the test - as I have no doubt they will -that should put the final nail in the conspiracy theory coffin.

I would not be so sure. Each time they are proved wrong starting with the whole silly phone conspiracy they just either double down on more theories or simply decide this evidence is not true.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

Everyone wanted this kid DNA tested and now he is, is anybody happy? Does anyone actually believe there is a chance his DNA will match the DNA they already matched to the two suspects in custody? Let me go out on a limb here and look into my crystal ball and predict that his DNA will not be a match.

Happy its been forced to the point of getting it thus far in spite of attitudes like yours ? sure I am

No one has done anything yet, so not at all happy yet no.

At this present time its all talk and no do...........they are great at talking but not doing this lot

i'll believe it happens when it happens not when the headman says something to a newspaper and not on condition as reported of the place of their own choosing for DNA... who the ~F do they think they are ?

On that condition Id also predict the DNA will not match too... whistling.gif

• Like 2

The procedure used to collect the original DNA samples from the victims and crime scene is suspect. The chain of custody of the samples is suspect. As far as I'm concerned, if all they have is DNA and those bogus confessions, they have nothing. In the USA, any judge would throw out the case. Too many flaws in this one to ever have a chance of a conviction in a "real" court of law. It is probably pretty safe for the son of the" influential person" to come forward now. There will probably never be a resolution to this case.

• Like 1

There were reports that though there were only 2 DNA samples , highly likely there were 3-4 people involved.

So nomsod may well not have dna match.

What happened to his brother , the one the police said was on the run.

What is his name, he should give asample as well

Everyone wanted this kid DNA tested and now he is, is anybody happy? Does anyone actually believe there is a chance his DNA will match the DNA they already matched to the two suspects in custody? Let me go out on a limb here and look into my crystal ball and predict that his DNA will not be a match.

Happy its been forced to the point of getting it thus far in spite of attitudes like yours ? sure I am

At this present time its all talk and no do...........they are great at talking but not doing this lot

i'll believe it happens when it happens not when the headman says something to a newspaper and not on condition as reported of the place of their own choosing for DNA... who the ~F do they think they are ?

Why would they not do it with the police who you have claimed has conspired and covered up for them from the start?

Well maybe it is because police have better things to do then run the DNA tests of somebody they already cleared, especially considering they already have matched the DNA from the scene to the suspects in custody.

Why don't you go to the police and offer your DNA and see what they do. You should have no problem with this since you said all innocent people should provide DNA. Are you hiding something or just saying whatever suites your argument despite if accurate or not?

Why would they not do it with the police who you have claimed has conspired and covered up for them from the start?

Well maybe it is because police have better things to do then run the DNA tests of somebody they already cleared, especially considering they already have matched the DNA from the scene to the suspects in custody.

Why don't you go to the police and offer your DNA and see what they do. You should have no problem with this since you said all innocent people should provide DNA. Are you hiding something or just saying whatever suites your argument despite if accurate or not?

Now you are just running around in ever decreasing circles.

The police need to solve this case...that is their job and they have so far failed to do so.

Nothing at all should be a case of "having better things to do".

Put forward conclusive evidence to the prosecutor and see the perpetrators of this crime go to court....that is what they need to be 100% focused on.

Its what I'm focused on in this case.......your agenda appears far different I must say.

Edited by smokie36
  • Like 1

Now you are just running around in ever decreasing circles.

The police need to solve this case...that is their job and they have so far failed to do so.

Nothing at all should be a case of "having better things to do".

Put forward conclusive evidence to the prosecutor and see the perpetrators of this crime go to court....that is what they need to be 100% focused on.

Its what I'm focused on in this case.......your agenda appears far different I must say.

Exactly what you want is happening or happened. Police have solved their part of the case and made arrests and collected evidence. The case is now being finalized and submitted to the prosecutors for trial. Sometimes these things take time, especially in murder and high profile cases. The murders only happened 6-weeks ago and the arrests of the suspects about 2 weeks ago. DNA evidence is conclusive especially when you combine it with witnesses statements, proof the suspects were in and around the scene around the time of the murders and victim's property was found at their home. Combine this with the fact, we don't know all the evidence and that they police have established the motive, means and opportunity ... they have done their job in catching the suspects. Now it will be up to a court to determine their guilt if they don't plead guilty which I suspect they will.

So if your agenda is what you state then you should be happy. If your agenda is really to try this case on the internet or believe it was somebody else despite there being no credible evidence, then I think you will never be happy with the outcome of the case.

Well ysee the RTP have compromised themselves, no one really believes anything they say for sure since they contradict themselves so much, hence the need to apply pressure.

Despite your ramblings of what cant be done and to what involvement it does seem today a few DNA issues are being pressured. Must really be bothering you that things are being forced to be done as they should have in the first place.....

im sure the UKP involvement has been instrumental in putting things somewhat back on track where eliminating any suspects are concerned.

I'd have no problems submitting to DNA to clear my name in a case like this, none at all. Hell id have insisted on it in the beginning and got on with my life ... end of gossip...

When did the relatives have their DNA taken, was it at the beginning when everyone else had theirs taken?
Yes. The uncle was one of the first suspects DNA tested. Many of these keyboard detectives suggest that his test and the fathers' (which cleared them) was somehow tampered with. This new test, which will be corroborated by Scotland Yard, should settle things once and for all.

AFAK the test results appeared in an unusual short time (to say the least) after taking the samples, and done without witness.

• Like 2

I am back in the US and have seen where the laws have changed here, requiring everyone convicted of certain misdeameanors and ALL felonies are now REQUIRED to give their DNA

I can tell you this with 100% certaintly,

there is NO WAY, I will voluntarily give my DNA, to anyone, for any reason, unless it was to save my kids's life and they needed to check for a an antibody

Anyone who willingly gives their DNA to any government at any time is subject to that government kicking in their doors and shooting them in the face, because there was an "incidental" match to a crime scene where you took a piss the day before

DNA, no way

Whoever this Nomsod is, I thought the main suspect was a guy named Mon?

Who was the kid who fled to BKK, and who's girlfriend posted all over the internet that he disappeared?

I have said it before,

I don't think the kid as or is a killer

That does not mean, that he doesn't know who did it

and one last thing,

what is a "village headman?"

and, if a pretty girl with 3 kids, who was a star model and actress is Thailand can go to prison for 15 years for possession of what amounted to two small lines of cocaine in her suitcase, which was probably left there by her husband,

then why does this "village headman" get a pass for all the drug use, and rape allegations and now murder,

isn't the head man, supposed to the the "head man" who is responsible for the acitvity on his tiny island,

and, does all this drug activity take place, without the knowledge of the "7 strong" police police force?

are we supposed to believe that all these drug users are supplying themselves?

IS it also true that the "village headman" also owns the bar, where drugs are (allegedly) sold?

in the US, if the bartender sells a drink to an underage minor, and that minor is then the victim of a crime,

the bar owner faces jail time, and usually the immediate closure of the bar

with all the police and army there,

are you telling me that there is still "widespread drug use on Kho Tao?" and if there is, isn't the village headman responsible and thus, liable?

If I were a local business owner there, hotelier, bar keep, whatever,

I would be pretty pissed off that the village headman only wanted to give a million baht if it could be proved his son and nephew were the , "killers of Kho Tao",

and didnt offer the same one millin baht, to find the actual killers, so everyone would feel safe again

• Like 2

IS it also true that the "village headman" also owns the bar, where drugs are (allegedly) sold?

in the US, if the bartender sells a drink to an underage minor, and that minor is then the victim of a crime,

are you telling me that there is still "widespread drug use on Kho Tao?" and if there is, isn't the village headman responsible and thus, liable?

I would be pretty pissed off that the village headman only wanted to give a million baht if it could be proved his son and nephew were the , "killers of Kho Tao",

and didnt offer the same one millin baht, to find the actual killers, so everyone would feel safe again

I guess it's not enough that you -- along with all the other conspiracy junkies -- have thoroughly trashed this family's reputation on social media. Now you'd like to hold him responsible for something as ambiguous as "widespread drug use on Kho Tao". That's like holding the mayor of a city responsible for crimes committed there. Ludicrous. In case you haven't noticed, there's "widespread drug use" everywhere and no single village headman is going to stop it.

You people have no shame. If this family is eventually "exonerated" what plan do you have for rectifying the damage done and your part in it?

I guess it's not enough that you -- along with all the other conspiracy junkies -- have thoroughly trashed this family's reputation on social media. Now you'd like to hold him responsible for something as ambiguous as "widespread drug use on Kho Tao". That's like holding the mayor of a city responsible for crimes committed there. Ludicrous. In case you haven't noticed, there's "widespread drug use" everywhere and no single village headman is going to stop it.

You people have no shame. If this family is eventually "exonerated" what plan do you have for rectifying the damage done and your part in it?

OK Lex,

I will ask another way then

1) Does the village head man own the bar?

2) Does the bar sell drugs?

3) do people use drugs in or at the bar?

4) how do the drugs get there?

5) how do the drugs get past the police?

6) how is he not respnsible then?

Title of this article says it all......

Read the title again and it is obvious what is happening.

Not being cryptic but innocent people do not need their father to clear their name for them.

Again a statement of guilt..

Lex is calling us "conspiracy theorists" out to ruin good people

What were the Thai police saying then,

when they said they had the evidence to link the family to the horrendous crimes, and one was in custody, and one had fled to Bangkok?

was that a part of this conspiracy too?

It's crazy to think the DNA taken today will match the DNA from 3 months ago. Based on the experience I have had with the ink on Homepro register receipts the original results will be obliterated.

• Like 2

OK Lex,

I will ask another way then

1) Does the village head man own the bar?

2) Does the bar sell drugs?

3) do people use drugs in or at the bar?

4) how do the drugs get there?

5) how do the drugs get past the police?

6) how is he not respnsible then?

I can honestly say I don't know. Can you honestly say you do? If so can you provide reliable sources?

There really is no point going on about this until the British police investigation report has been published, perhaps as part of the inquest or made available under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Frankly, I think you're all going round in ever decreasing circles with this. But whatever floats your boat I guess.

• Like 2

This guy, not only is the son of a influential figure. It is the son of the bar owner and had an argument with the victim, in public, and short time before the crime. I believe that this guy didn't raped the girl, and was not involved "directly" in the crime.

The only thing I know, from direct experience, is that a "boss" or powerful person just need to tell its "servants" that do not like somebody to get it dead or beaten. The Police also knows that. For some reason, he was considered a suspect.

He didnt' have nothing to lose or be afraid cooperating with the Police. if he was innocent of any wrong doing. The Police will never will frame an "influential person"

Why he dind't cleared his name right away, hide few days in BK, got a lawyer, and didn't allow to get tested? That's the question.

If his reputation was damaged, was his fault.

Edited by umbanda
  • Like 1

Lex is calling us "conspiracy theorists" out to ruin good people

What were the Thai police saying then,

when they said they had the evidence to link the family to the horrendous crimes, and one was in custody, and one had fled to Bangkok?

was that a part of this conspiracy too?

Nobody's saying this whole thing was handled properly Steve. There were all kinds of policemen running their mouths off when they shouldn't have. Jumping to premature conclusions. A major fail for the BIB was not appointing a single spokesman early on, one who had experience with the press and who could resist their pressure to give them something, anything. Hopefully they've learned some things along the way. The hard way.

Fact of the matter is the BIB also jumped to the conclusion that the family was involved. Until the DNA ruled them out. Right now my confidence rests in the UKP observers. I believe that now that they are here, they're going to be extremely vigilant, especially when it comes to the DNA. The whole case really hinges on this single, critical piece of evidence.

• Like 1