Realease date of iPad air 2 in Thailand?

Sandman77

Apple controls pricing pretty strictly. Their products sell in Thailand for just a little more than they do in US or Europe. I looked into on a recent visit home, and decided that local support alone would be worth the small price difference.

But there is always a lag in the products reaching Thailand. If you need the latest now, buying overseas might be justified. My first iPad was purchased in US at a time when it could not be had in Thailand (except at a high markup on the grey market.)

Apple controls pricing pretty strictly. Their products sell in Thailand for just a little more than they do in US or Europe. I looked into on a recent visit home, and decided that local support alone would be worth the small price difference.

But there is always a lag in the products reaching Thailand. If you need the latest now, buying overseas might be justified. My first iPad was purchased in US at a time when it could not be had in Thailand (except at a high markup on the grey market.)

Don't know about the rest of Europe but the iPhone 6 currently appears to be about £50 cheaper in Thailand than in the UK ;)

They've got them today at iStudio in Central. See my post about buying apple stuff

Is that the 3G/4G and WiFi model or just WiFi?

I just checked with two of the Apple stores in central Bangkok and the cellular model is not available until the end of the month.

Their display shows all models listed and prices the 128GB WiFi + Cellular IPad Air 2 is listed as 28k4.

I just ordered from the Apple Store online. Estimated delivery on the 17th - 19th to BKK. Interestingly, AMEX has been reinstated as a payment option which is a bonus.

I take it that you have ordered the wi fi only model ?

Is the cellular one available ?

No I tried two major Apple shops today in Central Bangkok they have a IPad Air 2 on display along with a list of all the models and the prices but only the WiFi model is available.

They said the WiFi + Cellular will be available at the end of this month the 128GB costs 28400 baht.

• 3 weeks later...

Protective screens are the same size as the older ipads.

When I asked in the Apple store in Siam they said no.

I checked again this time at the Apple store in Paragon and also the new one in Siam Discovery and they confirm what you say. It appears the staff in Siam Square are not that well up on things.