Need advice on airport-to-hotel transport

Dear Forum,

We - family of three (1 baby), including baby cart - need to get from the airport to our hotel in Mae Nam area. I tried to contact the resort for a pick-up service, but I got no answer so far. So I wanted to know if anyone can help me finding/ arranging a hassle-free transport. I really hate the notion of having to fend off myriards of "helpful new Thai friends" who rip me off right on arrival. Maybe any of you guys knows a kind of insider's procedure, or at least things I should avoid. Maybe someone knows some trustworthy person and can arrange something?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Jan

Best bet would be to just keep saying you are being picked up by a friend and you will be guided to the final arrival spot. You go along a travellator, turn left and walk up the ramp. Directly ahead of you at the end of the hall is a taxi booth. You will get your own yellow taxi at a cost of around 500 Baht I imagine.

Edited by notmyself
  • Like 1

There is a transfer service counter inside the arrival terminal, just after you receive your luggage. You can either choose a private car or use the Bangkok Air minibus service; the latter is quite good, affordable (believe around 200 baht per person, baby perhaps free) and will drive you direct to your hotel/resort.

Outside of the airport normally park some so-called “Taxi Meter” taxis – they are not allowed inside the airport land – they are supposed to drive on meter fare plus a 50 baht surcharge, but they sometimes refuse and in that case you shall agree the fare before. Airport to Maenam fixed taxi-fare should be around 500 baht, if not by meter.

• Like 1

There is a transfer service counter inside the arrival terminal, just after you receive your luggage. You can either choose a private car or use the Bangkok Air minibus service; the latter is quite good, affordable (believe around 200 baht per person, baby perhaps free) and will drive you direct to your hotel/resort.

Outside of the airport normally park some so-called “Taxi Meter” taxis – they are not allowed inside the airport land – they are supposed to drive on meter fare plus a 50 baht surcharge, but they sometimes refuse and in that case you shall agree the fare before. Airport to Maenam fixed taxi-fare should be around 500 baht, if not by meter.

They SOMETIMES refuse??? :o:o:o

• Like 1