DNA test will clear my son: Koh Tao headman

webfact

The ONLY way I would believe the DNA test results, would be if the British investigators took the DNA samples themselves, then personally took it back to London for analysis.

The RTP just do not seem to understand that they have ZERO credibility, even amongst the majority of Thais.

They're very credible if conspiracy theorists want to use something they share or state something that they can use to support their conspiracy theories but not at all credible when they make statements or have evidence that disproves the latest theory.

Or they could just conduct a real investigation that was not only "complete and perfect" but also through and transparent. It would also help if the police refrained from making statements that were obviuosly not true.

• Like 1

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DNA test will clear my son: headman

Oh yes I am sure it will. But it won't mean he is 'not guilty' will it?

By the way... He was cleared a month ago when the cash went under the table.

This is a serious allegation you are making. Please give your source of information? And I would be very interested to know who you are, where you are and your political affiliation, because you and others like you who make such unfounded allegations and statements in the public domain are considered as enemies of the State, which could hold serious consequences for those that are detected and if anyone does know who you are, I certainly hope they shop you to the authorities, as I would do in an instant without hesitation.

This thread has to be the ultimate in Thai bashing, the worst I have ever witnessed on Thai visa, it now seems that anything goes, a free for all. Statements like these must certainly push the tolerance levels by Thais towards ex-pats to the limits of endurance. Outragious.

Perhaps you are correct in what you state, however I think it would have been better if you had mentioned that your own son is in the RTP.

• Like 1

LATEST

DNA testing of Varot Toovichien, the son of influential Koh Tao village headman and owner of AC Bar on the resort island, by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Police General Hospital showed no match with the DNA samples found on the slain British backpacker Ms Hannah Witheridge, and samples collected at other scenes.

But the police said they have to wait for the testing results of three other hospitals, Chulalongkorn, Siriraj, and Ramathibodi.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/70152/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

My apologies to Nomsod and his family - I thought he would be guilty.

• Like 1

A negative test will only serve to prove that he didn't rape the girl. It won't prove that he wasn't involved in the murders.

Nor will it prove he was.

He is not a suspect in this case.

A few crackpot conspiracy theorists getting together via social media to decide they "know" who it was, and they must be right, and then building conspiracy theory after theory to keep their particular scenario going does not make anyone a suspect or guilty.

The same people who shout loudly about the rights of the Burmese suspects and remind us that all should be presumed innocent until found guilty by a court, are happy to ignore the same and not only accuse someone else but proclaim that person guilty without any trial. Anyone who dares to question their omnipotence and infallible wisdom is subjected to a barrage of personal insults and threats.

There is a difference between free speech, exercising the right of free speech, and making false accusations, libel and defamation.

Everybody wants justice to be done and seen to be done. All the evidence must come out in court and the judgement will be published. Some have already made their mind up without that though, and will only accept what the want to regardless.

• Like 1

This is a serious allegation you are making. Please give your source of information? And I would be very interested to know who you are, where you are and your political affiliation, because you and others like you who make such unfounded allegations and statements in the public domain are considered as enemies of the State, which could hold serious consequences for those that are detected and if anyone does know who you are, I certainly hope they shop you to the authorities, as I would do in an instant without hesitation.

This thread has to be the ultimate in Thai bashing, the worst I have ever witnessed on Thai visa, it now seems that anything goes, a free for all. Statements like these must certainly push the tolerance levels by Thais towards ex-pats to the limits of endurance. Outragious.

Perhaps you are correct in what you state, however I think it would have been better if you had mentioned that your own son is in the RTP.

Really, what father would willing allow his son to join them? Our jobs are to instal integrity into our children.

• Like 1

Was VanceThailandVance, I mean JohnThailandJohn doing the swabbing to cock up the investigation even more. He must be in bed with some of these BiB. Probably rubbed it in some dirt, 19 bystanders, couple of soi dogs and then said "here it is boss".

Most posters are probably aware that BJ's son is a policeman. He makes no secret of it and often mentions it in his posts.

Are you suggesting that is why he wrote the post? I read it differently. That his comment was about people making outrageous accusations for which they have absolutely no evidence.

• Like 1

There's no question that a Thai commited the crime, but what hasn't been discussed is motive. What's the reason? Did the two britons piss off the murder, or make him lose face?

Only the murderers/rapists know for sure, but since you asked, here's a plausible scenario:

Party beach, thousands of partying farang, drunk, every night. Several handsome young Thais, some of whom run a bar or are family and friends with bar owners. Cute farang chicks get drunk, they might get slipped a date-rape drug, they get silly and loose, they're easy prey for guys who want to have some sexual fun on the beach, particularly late at night.

The supposed scenario, more specifically: very cute female stays late at bar. Thai dude asks (about David), "is that your boyfriend?" she says 'no.' (which is strictly true). Thai guy (or guys) may or may not have slipped her a date-rape drug, but it's likely she's tipsy from drinking (as are nearly every one of the farang and Thais out partying that night). Thai guy(s) get her to walk out to the beach. David follows. Thai guy(s) start by seducing gal, then find that doesn't work well enough, then resorts to force. David (who may have been sidelined with talking to someone else) notices a struggle. He goes to assist Hannah, is struck in the right side of the neck and head (probably by a left-hander, another of the hundreds of things Thai cops either didn't gauge or disregarded as unimportant). The wounds are indicative of a stubby blade (held in fist) and are nothing like a blunt garden hoe. Note: cops still don't have an idea of the weapon used on David. They said David's blood was not on the hoe, yet they used the hoe in the reenactment, completely disregarding the types of wounds).

I could go on with the supposed crime scene, but I'll stop here for brevity.

Can 'Thaiman' now get a better idea of motive? Drunk horny men, late at night, who are used to seducing many women, are thwarted from sex by a very cute blonde gal, ....that's motive, my friend. Add to that, possible disparaging remarks aimed at Thais, and that becomes explosive. If you just casually give the finger to a Thai man, he goes apeshit ballistic. A farang might just give the finger back and say 'fk you' in a monotone.

I posted this earlier when someone said who else (other as depicted in the scenario above) might have motive with no need to sop for brevity:

So if I were a prosecuting attorney, here is (hypothetically) what I might say:
People have commented that a crime of this brutality could only have been perpetrated in extreme passion such as one who has suffered rejection, humiliation, and losing face by having his advances denied by the deceased UK female.
But here may be another source of extreme passion: 2 young men from another country have been working low-paying menial jobs on the island for 2 years. Every day they see scantily clad Western females and know that Western males are -- for the proper consideration which they certainly lack -- able to have sex with Thai females and maybe even the females from their own country whom they covet. One day they are out on the beach at 4AM and the hear the sounds of love making close by and figure this may be the chance that has been gnawing away at them for years. And the rest happened when things just got out of control.
And then the razz squad kicked in.

The keystone cops are at it again. I would believe that the whole mess would have easily been taken care of weeks ago if they would have just done the dna on the kid when they took the others. obviously a cover up at this point. Of course he won't match evenif he does.

• Like 1

this question needs answers who is wearing number 9

Can you identify the names of the two people next to him in the still? What are their names? Did police take DNA from them? Where were they when the murders took place? What criminal records do they have? Was their phone records checked. What time did they leave the island after the murders ......

Oh wait, your not part of the investigation and have no reason to be privy to such information. With this in mind lets pretend the one on the far right was involved and make up theories because of things we don't know ... of course ignoring the fact the semen was already matched to two people in custody.

The people on the right don't look Asian and the police say DNA left by the perpetrators were Asian.

So your questions are pretty stupid really. Try to keep up.

that is "keeping up" (the sad reality for some tv posters)

Here is a little exercise for all the keyboard vigilante/crimefighters.

Put yourself in the fathers place and find society making threats and claims against your family and livelihood without having a shred of evidence.

Ofcourse its far easier for more blah, blah blah from this crowd.

Are you disputing the fact that this family control the island in a mafia type way,

many many murders in this dirty little strip...

I put myself in the fathers shoes weeks ago when he offered a million to anyone who could prove them guilty,

Swine mentality is just that..Glad to see these scum suffering where it hurts them most, in the pocket and a massive loss of face...

SOM NUM NA....Many people on Koh Tao know who fled that morning, DNA switch or not...Saree beach is doomed, unless you want to dance with the devil!!

• Like 1

For me I'll never believe the results of this DNA test. In simple terms this has taken far too long and has been conducted under the terms dictated by the "accused". I would have no issue with him taking this course in ADDITION to a trusted independent test but this as the only version????? His father has shown that he is happy to "splash the cash" to get the results the way he wants them. He doesn't even feel the need to hide these "donations" that hard. In most other countries that action alone would constitute the largest red flag since the height of the USSR and would end up with the most thorough investigation known to mankind. Here?

Lets just hope the international community continues to see the whole picture here. Whether Mon did it or not is nothing compared to how the family were allowed to offer financial incentives to expedite this case. We must think carefully about all the actions of the accused here (the Burmese and Mon and the footballers) and do what we believe is right.

They claim that we have caused this bad image of Thailand but this crime happened within shouting distance of this bar and they have shown no sign of any compassion at all. No words of condolence to the families...nothing. All they care about is getting the tourists back into their bar so they can continue to make their money off them. The rumours that have been simmering under for so long on that island have bubbled over and now we're hearing them in the international press. None of the things being said would have me going back to that island if I was a girl. If the girls aren't traveling there then nor are the boys. I feel sorry for the other businesses but, then again, they might just decide to push this cursed family out to bring back the money. Only time will tell. I have never been a target customer for that island nor will I ever be so there is little difference I will make. Others....yes.

As far as Thailand's image? That is up to the people up the top, not us or the people on Koh Tao. These families might be influential but I don't imagine their worth comes anywhere near the value of a whole tourist market.

Edited by draftvader

How anyone can ignore the overwhelming evidence on CSILA Facebook page that this little Nomsod pr*#k was involved has to be as pathetic and misguided as the RTP who are conducting this sham.

Umm because there is no evidence on that page? You are a great example of why I am glad there is no jury system here!!

"Police General Hospital's Institute of Forensic Medicine, Chulalongkorn Hospital, Siriraj Hospital and Ramathibodi Hospital to conduct the DNA tests"

...............All 4 Thai with no independent international verification.

• Like 1

LATEST

DNA testing of Varot Toovichien, the son of influential Koh Tao village headman and owner of AC Bar on the resort island, by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Police General Hospital showed no match with the DNA samples found on the slain British backpacker Ms Hannah Witheridge, and samples collected at other scenes.

But the police said they have to wait for the testing results of three other hospitals, Chulalongkorn, Siriraj, and Ramathibodi.

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

Well Well....... What a shock.... We never saw that coming (extreme sarcasm).

You can put the test through 1000 Thai hospitals. Nobody will change their mind until the test is 100% independent of corrupt Thailand.

I think most reasonable people will be sure that there's no match when confirmed by the other hospitals.

• Like 1

ThaiVisa appears to have become the defacto leading English gathering place for conspiracy theorist to spread their nonsense and make statements that have no basis as fact about a family that case been officially cleared in this case.

They have NOT been cleared. All we have seen are threats from the father and now the police chief about talking about the case. Such threats send up a LOT of red flags to me. Something really reeks about this case, and most of the stench is coming from the RTP and this headman and his family.

Actually the police stated earlier and was reported in the press that they "officially cleared" him.

You have to ask HOW they did such a thing considering they didn't take a DNA sample?

He was not on the island.

They already have the suspects in custody whose DNA does match ... so it would be impossible for his DNA to match too.

The took DNA from his father and uncle after placing them in custody as suspect.

Kinda weird the father and uncle took immediate DNA tests, but the son refused until six weeks later. Makes you think. Well, correction, makes some folks think.

You say the father and uncle took DNA tests, really ? Is this confirmed ?

Mon took one when he was detained,

confirmed by police...no....

Did it happen, yes..

LATEST

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

New world record in DNA-testing!!clap2.gif 18 hours!!

And what a surprise, that the BIB "doctors" were first with the good news!!

ThaiVisa appears to have become the defacto leading English gathering place for conspiracy theorist to spread their nonsense and make statements that have no basis as fact about a family that case been officially cleared in this case.

They have NOT been cleared. All we have seen are threats from the father and now the police chief about talking about the case. Such threats send up a LOT of red flags to me. Something really reeks about this case, and most of the stench is coming from the RTP and this headman and his family.

Actually the police stated earlier and was reported in the press that they "officially cleared" him.

You have to ask HOW they did such a thing considering they didn't take a DNA sample?

He was not on the island.

They already have the suspects in custody whose DNA does match ... so it would be impossible for his DNA to match too.

The took DNA from his father and uncle after placing them in custody as suspect.

Kinda weird the father and uncle took immediate DNA tests, but the son refused until six weeks later. Makes you think. Well, correction, makes some folks think.

You say the father and uncle took DNA tests, really ? Is this confirmed ?

Mon took one when he was detained,

confirmed by police...no....

Did it happen, yes..

Source??

LATEST

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

Still doesn' free him from the murders!!

From the second OP: "and samples collected from other scenes" ????

The local soi-dogs favourite pissing-tree??whistling.gif

• Like 1

in this case young man's life is ruined for long time by bunch of midle aged couch detectives with out nothing better to do and whom have no real knowledge of eny of the matter.

Such forums like this thaivisa.com where all these smart as idiots accusing people publicly of things just bcase what they think or what they read from shit papers or internet what is published so people get interested,living pattaya with bought bar girl friend does not make u expert of thailand .... Some of you shud be very shamed of your selfs .

Its normal that people sue if they been caught of slander and spreading false rumours.

I would certaily!!

Actually the police stated earlier and was reported in the press that they cleared him a while back and have repeatedly stated this even in yesterdays news.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS582US582&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=koh%20tao%20son%20cleared

The days where a police statement clears anything are long gone. Police and politicians can no longer show up to the party naked and be complemented on their fine wardrobe. Until potential suspects are cleared via confirmation of evidence then no one, except those conspiring to conceal the truth, will accept it. No one was ever cleared and, as made obvious by the prosecutor returning the case for the 3rd time, no suspects have been confirmed.

• Like 1

This whole thing could be a diversionary tactic right from day 1.

Imagine this entire scenario didn't happen, who else would people be looking at if nobody ever heard of this guy ?

The 7 police on the island

Has DNA been taken from the police on the island?
I have not seen it said or written that the police had their DNA taken