DNA test will clear my son: Koh Tao headman

webfact

LATEST

DNA testing of Varot Toovichien, the son of influential Koh Tao village headman and owner of AC Bar on the resort island, by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Police General Hospital showed no match with the DNA samples found on the slain British backpacker Ms Hannah Witheridge, and samples collected at other scenes.

But the police said they have to wait for the testing results of three other hospitals, Chulalongkorn, Siriraj, and Ramathibodi.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/70152/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

Well Well....... What a shock.... We never saw that coming (extreme sarcasm).

You can put the test through 1000 Thai hospitals. Nobody will change their mind until the test is 100% independent of corrupt Thailand.

I think most reasonable people will be sure that there's no match when confirmed by the other hospitals.

I'm sure that even the unreasonable ones already knew what the result would be.

This part of the whole dog and pony show is totally pointless.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no question that a Thai commited the crime, but what hasn't been discussed is motive. What's the reason? Did the two britons piss off the murder, or make him lose face?

Only the murderers/rapists know for sure, but since you asked, here's a plausible scenario:

Party beach, thousands of partying farang, drunk, every night. Several handsome young Thais, some of whom run a bar or are family and friends with bar owners. Cute farang chicks get drunk, they might get slipped a date-rape drug, they get silly and loose, they're easy prey for guys who want to have some sexual fun on the beach, particularly late at night.

The supposed scenario, more specifically: very cute female stays late at bar. Thai dude asks (about David), "is that your boyfriend?" she says 'no.' (which is strictly true). Thai guy (or guys) may or may not have slipped her a date-rape drug, but it's likely she's tipsy from drinking (as are nearly every one of the farang and Thais out partying that night). Thai guy(s) get her to walk out to the beach. David follows. Thai guy(s) start by seducing gal, then find that doesn't work well enough, then resorts to force. David (who may have been sidelined with talking to someone else) notices a struggle. He goes to assist Hannah, is struck in the right side of the neck and head (probably by a left-hander, another of the hundreds of things Thai cops either didn't gauge or disregarded as unimportant). The wounds are indicative of a stubby blade (held in fist) and are nothing like a blunt garden hoe. Note: cops still don't have an idea of the weapon used on David. They said David's blood was not on the hoe, yet they used the hoe in the reenactment, completely disregarding the types of wounds).

I could go on with the supposed crime scene, but I'll stop here for brevity.

Can 'Thaiman' now get a better idea of motive? Drunk horny men, late at night, who are used to seducing many women, are thwarted from sex by a very cute blonde gal, ....that's motive, my friend. Add to that, possible disparaging remarks aimed at Thais, and that becomes explosive. If you just casually give the finger to a Thai man, he goes apeshit ballistic. A farang might just give the finger back and say 'fk you' in a monotone.

I posted this earlier when someone said who else (other as depicted in the scenario above) might have motive with no need to sop for brevity:

So if I were a prosecuting attorney, here is (hypothetically) what I might say:
People have commented that a crime of this brutality could only have been perpetrated in extreme passion such as one who has suffered rejection, humiliation, and losing face by having his advances denied by the deceased UK female.
But here may be another source of extreme passion: 2 young men from another country have been working low-paying menial jobs on the island for 2 years. Every day they see scantily clad Western females and know that Western males are -- for the proper consideration which they certainly lack -- able to have sex with Thai females and maybe even the females from their own country whom they covet. One day they are out on the beach at 4AM and the hear the sounds of love making close by and figure this may be the chance that has been gnawing away at them for years. And the rest happened when things just got out of control.
And then the razz squad kicked in.

As for your second part: The other source of extreme passion. The two suspects had been on the island for 2 weeks, not 2 years. So i doubt they were integrated in the Burmese fraternity on the island, which IMO would exclude the part with being jealous of foreigners having sex with women from their country.

The violent nature of this crime point to someone with a feeling of entitlement, who after being rejected loses it!!

• Like 1

Actually the police stated earlier and was reported in the press that they "officially cleared" him.

You have to ask HOW they did such a thing considering they didn't take a DNA sample?

He was not on the island.

They already have the suspects in custody whose DNA does match ... so it would be impossible for his DNA to match too.

The took DNA from his father and uncle after placing them in custody as suspect.

And he did not have sexual relations with that girl, said Pres. Clinton. Guess we just have to be clear about our definitions when we are dealing with folks conspiring to conceal the truth. Actually it is 50/50 on the Burmese suspects so far. The Burmese suspects DNA matched for 1 of the 2 times it was sampled. Now they are being tested a third time. I guess it is going to be like a play off system where if their DNA mathes 2 out of 3 times they are in, but if they are cleared on the 3rd game then they are out.

this question needs answers who is wearing number 9

Can you identify the names of the two people next to him in the still? What are their names? Did police take DNA from them? Where were they when the murders took place? What criminal records do they have? Was their phone records checked. What time did they leave the island after the murders ......

Oh wait, your not part of the investigation and have no reason to be privy to such information. With this in mind lets pretend the one on the far right was involved and make up theories because of things we don't know ... of course ignoring the fact the semen was already matched to two people in custody.

To suggest that any phone records from the island were checked for the time period surrounding the murders would imply that there was some sort of police investigation, which is obviously not the case. The defense rendered by the initial suspects lawyers of "my client says he wasn't there and here is a photo which appears to have been edited showing a picture of my client at a location other than what I am telling you now, etc..." isn't holding water for the international press, international diplomatic community nor the Thai prosecutor’s office.

this question needs answers who is wearing number 9

Can you identify the names of the two people next to him in the still? What are their names? Did police take DNA from them? Where were they when the murders took place? What criminal records do they have? Was their phone records checked. What time did they leave the island after the murders ......

Oh wait, your not part of the investigation and have no reason to be privy to such information. With this in mind lets pretend the one on the far right was involved and make up theories because of things we don't know ... of course ignoring the fact the semen was already matched to two people in custody.

I can assure you that in any real police investigation, the names of those two individuals, as well as their backgrounds and details of their activities while they were on the island, would be well known to the police investigators. Tragic for the reputation of the RTP as well as the entire country has been so badly damaged by the appearance of cover up and incompetence in this investigation.

I don't think anyone is surprised the DNA doesn't match. The kid and his dad and lawyer and everyone else (including grinning cops) wouldn't have shown up yesterday if there was any doubt.

The key question is: MATCH WITH WHAT?

The DNA sequences taken from the victim. Who has them? Answer: the cops. Who's going to question them? No one, except maybe the Brit experts (if they have their own independently taken samples, which we don't know). Even then, the Brits have been told; THEY ARE OBSERVERS, not participants. The Brits may speak up, if it so happens they have the crime scene DNA, but it would be diplomatically smart to not speak up. Diplomatic relations between UK and Thailand are more important than finding justice for a double murder.

From the moment the Thai cops declared the Burmese DNA matched the crime scene, I suspected Thai officials simply took the Burmese DNA and labeled it as crime scene DNA. If I'm proven wrong (by independent non-Thai testing of crime scene DNA), I'll publicly apologize and wai in front of my local police station for 5 minutes.

Is this the son that ran the bar ? he looks like the one that was in BKK at the time,and too young to be in a bar

22 is to young? And the only proof he was in Bkk are grainy pictures from cctv some of which allegedly have furniture that had been removed by the university 1 month prior to the date on the pictures!

Actually they stated publicly there were numerous videos, confirmation from the university and witnesses. They very well may have done many things like confirmed flights, cell phone records and others but what we do know is they cleared him and didn't even need to ask for a DNA test as they did for his father and uncle because they were convinced he was not on the island and the info they got was bogus as is much of the info about him now and what you have posted.

That "the police said they cleared them" is not evidence that they have been cleared. They absolutely have NOT been cleared, and the evidence has been so publicly corrupted that at this point I don’t see that anyone can be either cleared or convicted of this crime. Would you like to offer an opinion on whether the investigation was bungled by malicious intent or simple, total incompetence?

LATEST

DNA testing of Varot Toovichien, the son of influential Koh Tao village headman and owner of AC Bar on the resort island, by the Institute of Forensic Medicine of the Police General Hospital showed no match with the DNA samples found on the slain British backpacker Ms Hannah Witheridge, and samples collected at other scenes.

But the police said they have to wait for the testing results of three other hospitals, Chulalongkorn, Siriraj, and Ramathibodi.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/70152/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-10-31

Woah, in less than 24 hours we have the first results. From Police General Hospital though.

I am glad to see here in Thailand we have such advanced tools for DNA Analysis.

Wonder why they had to send some batches out to Singapore in the beginning of investigation... Or they weren't?

Oh well...

Just like how Mon's dna test was all clear less than 24 hours after being released...How stupid can some of these officials be...

All I'm saying is that if I were accused, I wouldn't wait one day to supply DNA tests that would clear my name.

Even if police didn't ask for it and you were not on the island and police could confirm this without you spending a day or two in jail while they checked DNA? I also suspect you would give full statement to police without a lawyer and or not follow your lawyers advice if you were publicly named but them in the press as being accused of a serious crime.

As has been made very clear, the kid is not submitting DNA now as part of the criminal case since he is not a suspect and they have already matched the DNA to the suspects in custody. He is going through this senseless idiotic ritual to counter senseless idiotic claims on social media by ignorant internet detectives and conspiracy theorist.

I guess technically he is not a "police" suspect, as the police have already solved the crime as submitted their perfect, complete case to the prosecutor...

• Like 1

Actually they stated publicly there were numerous videos, confirmation from the university and witnesses. They very well may have done many things like confirmed flights, cell phone records and others but what we do know is they cleared him and didn't even need to ask for a DNA test as they did for his father and uncle because they were convinced he was not on the island and the info they got was bogus as is much of the info about him now and what you have posted.

Who 'stated publicly' there were numerous videos.....and confirmations? If the police cleared Nomsod after they found him (after he hid for a week) then it tells nothing about his guilt or innocence. All his lawyer was able to declare - was a couple of still grabs from a very badly faked security camera format. JTJ, frankly you sound like a broken record by repeating 'he was not on the island.' Only you and JD believe that. Top brass cops and the headman's own family don't believe it, but they know they have to spout that drivel in order to keep the kid shielded from justice.

They already have the suspects in custody whose DNA does match ... so it would be impossible for his DNA to match too.

The took DNA from his father and uncle after placing them in custody as suspect.

You are either very green, my friend, or just a boorish troll. He WAS on the island, he WAS the one in the AC Bar arguing with the British pair, he WAS the one that fled on a speedboat to the mainland, he IS the son of a very wealthy, influential local and he DID NOT previously have a DNA test. Despite what is out there now, this information was all stipulated. The last thing this case needs is people like you getting into bed with all the bent people, stirring the sh*t. Please move along!

How influential can his family be when police hauled them off to jail, forced them to provide DNA samples and accused both them and the son of being involved in the murder until like other people they accused early on, were cleared.

And who said he fled on a boat? The police? I thought what they say cannot be trusted.

Hauled off to jail, and 'forced' to give DNA samples.

Link to such, if you pretty please.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762910-koh-tao-murders-police-free-bar-owners-and-look-for-ex-village-headmans-son/

You can search for more using google.

Seems the first people to be sued should be the police and the nation for spreading such scurrilous rumours such as "can't contact his son", or " hiding in bangkok" and the such.

• Like 1

You are either very green, my friend, or just a boorish troll. He WAS on the island, he WAS the one in the AC Bar arguing with the British pair, he WAS the one that fled on a speedboat to the mainland, he IS the son of a very wealthy, influential local and he DID NOT previously have a DNA test. Despite what is out there now, this information was all stipulated. The last thing this case needs is people like you getting into bed with all the bent people, stirring the sh*t. Please move along!

How influential can his family be when police hauled them off to jail, forced them to provide DNA samples and accused both them and the son of being involved in the murder until like other people they accused early on, were cleared.

And who said he fled on a boat? The police? I thought what they say cannot be trusted.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/762910-koh-tao-murders-police-free-bar-owners-and-look-for-ex-village-headmans-son/

Seems the first people to be sued should be the police and the nation for spreading such scurrilous rumours such as "can't contact his son", or " hiding in bangkok" and the such.

in this case young man's life is ruined for long time by bunch of midle aged couch detectives with out nothing better to do and whom have no real knowledge of eny of the matter.

Such forums like this thaivisa.com where all these smart as idiots accusing people publicly of things just bcase what they think or what they read from shit papers or internet what is published so people get interested,living pattaya with bought bar girl friend does not make u expert of thailand .... Some of you shud be very shamed of your selfs .

Its normal that people sue if they been caught of slander and spreading false rumours.

I would certaily!!

bunch of midle aged couch detectives with out nothing better to do

living pattaya with bought bar girl friend does not make u expert of thailand .

Seems to me, your accusing people of things as well with no knowledge.....

in English the word is hypocrite FYI

• Like 1

Somyot lamented that misleading information on social networks had adversely affected Thai society, its image and the country's tourism industry.

Wrong : the way the police handled all this was the reason for this affecting of Thailand, look no further, regardless the outcome .....

ermm.gif

• Like 1

Somyot lamented that misleading information on social networks had adversely affected Thai society, its image and the country's tourism industry.

Wrong : the way the police handled all this was the reason for this affecting of Thailand, look no further, regardless the outcome .....

ermm.gif

• Like 2

ThaiVisa appears to have become the defacto leading English gathering place for conspiracy theorist to spread their nonsense and make statements that have no basis as fact about a family that case been officially cleared in this case.

They have NOT been cleared. All we have seen are threats from the father and now the police chief about talking about the case. Such threats send up a LOT of red flags to me. Something really reeks about this case, and most of the stench is coming from the RTP and this headman and his family.

Actually the police stated earlier and was reported in the press that they "officially cleared" him.

You have to ask HOW they did such a thing considering they didn't take a DNA sample?

Kinda weird the father and uncle took immediate DNA tests, but the son refused until six weeks later. Makes you think. Well, correction, makes some folks think.

You say the father and uncle took DNA tests, really ? Is this confirmed ?

Mon took one when he was detained,

confirmed by police...no....

Did it happen, yes..

Source??

The people who live on Koh Tao....scared locals...this family, these islands are in control.....if you doubt it, that's your nievety coming out, or perhaps it's just your pocket talking...

The people on the island know who fled that morning,

Now could you explain why one day Mon was a suspect and next minute cleared, they never did address that...

These stories are not news to those who live there...Been going on a long long time...

Edited by cowboy country

I have just been looking at some clips you tube the first clip shows the police going to the crime scene and inspecting the hoe lying on the beach next to a condom.

The second youtube clips shows the hoe in a different area with a small fence around it .

Wouldn't the pollice take the hoe away for forensics ?

I hope the mods will allow these clips to put these clips up as it is a very important part of this case,

1st clip

https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=MUExdYSpmNw

2nd clip

https://www.youtube.com /watch?v=47OYkmyOLP4

How about pointing out the time stamps. In the two different vidoes, I simply see two different angles of pictures of the hoe and another where the police clearly have moved the hoe as they are swabbing it for blood or DNA.

And what purpose does this serve? Making speculation and guesses on things we don't know the facts or circumstances around. While I see nothing showing the hoe in two different positions except when it is being tested, what if it was moved? Are you going to start coming up with theories of how and why it was moved rather than accepting we don't know and there would be no reason for us to know. This something defense will bring up in trial, assuming the two don't plead guilty, if their is legitimate questions or has any meaning at all.

let other people be the judge it looks to me like it has been moved and is a different position.

The crime scene investigation served no purpose other than to ensure no one could ever be definitively convicted or cleared of this crime. The hoe was just as likely moved to a different position, wiped clean, soaked in bath water from some immigrant, bagged up and placed in the victims suit case, then behind the house of an immigrant worker, then re-deposited at the crime scene two days later just in time for the forensic investigator to look at it while having free tea at a guest house near the scene. .. Sent to forensic investigator lab where highly trained workers could smell Burmese DNA. “Smells like Asian DNA, definitely not Thai… wait, yes, definitely Burmese immigrant workers.”

• Like 1

ThaiVisa appears to have become the defacto leading English gathering place for conspiracy theorist to spread their nonsense and make statements that have no basis as fact about a family that case been officially cleared in this case.

They have NOT been cleared. All we have seen are threats from the father and now the police chief about talking about the case. Such threats send up a LOT of red flags to me. Something really reeks about this case, and most of the stench is coming from the RTP and this headman and his family.

Kinda weird the father and uncle took immediate DNA tests, but the son refused until six weeks later. Makes you think. Well, correction, makes some folks think.

You say the father and uncle took DNA tests, really ? Is this confirmed ?

Mon took one when he was detained,

confirmed by police...no....

Did it happen, yes..

Source??

The people who live on Koh Tao....scared locals...this family, these islands are in control.....if you doubt it, that's your nievety coming out, or perhaps it's just your pocket talking...

The people on the island know who fled that morning,

Now could you explain why one day Mon was a suspect and next minute cleared, they never did address that...

These stories are not news to those who live there...Been going on a long long time...

We have completed the D.N.A. tests and we confirm the innocence of the person(s) ( known or unknown who supplied the D.N.A. sample we received.whistling.gif

Many a slip twixt cup and lip or swab and lab.whistling.gif

• Like 1