Initial DNA test clears Koh Tao village headman's son of murder

webfact

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't read every single post, but a few that I did read do allude to the essential point about DNA testing, namely that both samples being tested for a match must be authentic. Though the new DNA samples from suspects can be taken independently there seems no independent evidence of the authenticity of the DNA said to be taken from the victims' bodies.

• Like 1

Fascinating-Facts-About-Body-Temperature

Tell a Lie and Your Nose Heats Up

Fibbing may not cause your nose to grow, but lying will heat it up. Despite this distinction from the wooden puppet who wanted to be a real boy, Spanish researchers at the University of Granada still dubbed their finding the "Pinocchio effect." Using thermal imaging, they were able to demonstrate that the anxiety brought on by a lie causes the nose and the areas around the eyes to get warm.

Thighland -The Land of Hot Noses.....

lets just make a note that you dont dispute that the guy went into hiding and try to move on

Hiding? That is your characterization. Was in BKK. Contacted the police on his own after obtaining a lawyer and exculpatory evidence, would be my characterization.

I did know you wouldn't give a source. It simply wasn't true.

I'm not entirely sure images from CCTV at his condo timestamped anywhere between 4-7 hours after the incident is exculpatory evidence, given you could travel from KT to BKK in that time period.

You don't have to be. You are assuming that is the only evidence that the police investigation in BKK revealed.

If there was evidence that he was in BKK for the entire period from when Hannah & David were last seen alive to when they were found murdered, it seems out of kilter with the approach taken by the RTP thus far not to provide details of same publicly and, moreover, to undertake that ridiculous and over the top spectacle yesterday.

lets just make a note that you dont dispute that the guy went into hiding and try to move on

Hiding? That is your characterization. Was in BKK. Contacted the police on his own after obtaining a lawyer and exculpatory evidence, would be my characterization.

I'm not entirely sure images from CCTV at his condo timestamped anywhere between 4-7 hours after the incident is exculpatory evidence, given you could travel from KT to BKK in that time period.

You don't have to be. You are assuming that is the only evidence that the police investigation in BKK revealed.

If there was evidence that he was in BKK for the entire period from when Hannah & David were last seen alive to when they were found murdered, it seems out of kilter with the approach taken by the RTP thus far not to provide details of same publicly and, moreover, to undertake that ridiculous and over the top spectacle yesterday.

No it doesn't. They didn't release why he was cleared. His lawyer released the CCTV photo.

Yesterday was about the OTT insanity on social media and to prep the Way for civil cases against people.

So, between the folks that call themselves police, a lawyer and the guy himself, all they could come up with was a CCTV still (that may or may not have been tampered with) as an alibi? Is that about correct ? They themselves though, could have avoided the very unfortunate 'insanity' of social media you mention and the circus yesterday. But what,.....they didn't need to , so didn't?

Your explanations align perfectly with the Thai police! You should be proud!

How does this DNA result clear him of murder, it might clear him of any sexual contact with the girl, certainly not clear him of any other involvement. What a useless and stupid headline / statement.

Have to agree.

He still could have been the one that did the killing...but not the screwing.

He was cleared before the DNA test. He was in BKK.

Says who?

How does this DNA result clear him of murder, it might clear him of any sexual contact with the girl, certainly not clear him of any other involvement. What a useless and stupid headline / statement.

Have to agree.

He still could have been the one that did the killing...but not the screwing.

He was cleared before the DNA test. He was in BKK.
Says who?
says the investigation. This includes police way outside the 7 cops on the island.

BTW from KT to BKK takes more than 4 hours. First off you must get to Samui or Chumpon then wait for a plane then get from the airport to the university.

4+ hours? Yeah, if he stops off for a Burger King and is after a new pair for flip flops at the airport.

1 hour flight + 30 mins check in + 30 mins from airport to Uni allows 2 hour grace to get to Samui or Chumpon. Might be tight, but do-able if you've got ways and means to make it happen.

Jdinasia

"No. The police did not defend him. Not their job. They cleared him. The lawyer released a photo. The university records and investigation plus.... Conducted by police not associated with the island complete the exculpatory investigation.

Yesterday was a circus to prepare the way for defamation cases. Hope you are using a VPN."

You started with expressing your opinion, this went onto blindly disregarding other peoples opinions, then you moved onto calling any who didn't agree with you a conspiracy theorist and now you've stooped as low you can get, making veiled threats, this is not the first one you have made and I doubt it will be the last. Your desperate now and in flight mode, its your last form of defense. Tolerating you as a troll is one thing, tolerating you making threats is another.

Don't bother coming back to me saying your not making threats just giving advice, bull!

• Like 1

I believe in the complete guilt of the two Burmese guys.

I believe it has been a perfect investigation.

I believe no money has changed hands.

I believe McAnna knows nothing.

I believe there is no mafia on Koh Tao despite having gone there

on two occasions and witnessed them in action.

I believe in the tooth fairy, that the earth is flat, Santa is real

and the Red Bull heir is totally innocent.

P.S

I believe All the Coral Beds around Koh Tao are in pristine condition

If the DNA of the two Burmese suspects matches that found on the victim why would there be a need for this test? Don't the police by their own statements have that sewn up with concrete evidence of their previous DNA tests?

Seriously, this case is the most bungled case I've ever seen. If there were any chance of catching the culprits, the police screwed up the crime scene so badly and mishandled the evidence so badly that it would take a miracle to make a case in court at this point.

• Like 1

Some are saying that the UK cops need to get involved or that they should've been at the DNA test yesterday and observed and followed the sample etc. This is my two cents.

The bodies were returned to the UK. If DNA was still present in or on the bodies, do you think Scotland Yard will have a copy?

Do you think Scotland Yard have requested DNA samples from the two Burmese suspects?

If you can aswer yes to the above, you have the reasons why they are saying nothing.Yet. They may be waiting to see if their results (if any) match those of the RTP. It may be fan, hit and sh..t if they don't match.

I've always maintained that although the case looks a biy iffy, that I'm not sure that the Burmese guys are innocent. I still think any statements by Scotland Yard will be what may are waiting for. But you'll have to wait...they don't go mouthing off until they're pretty certain.

IIRC, the UKP's brief was to determine the innocence or guilt of the Burmese suspects, and not to investigate as to whom might be guilty. If so, then the taking of Nomsod's DNA would be outside of their brief. That would explain their obvious absence when the DNA samples were being taken.

You may want to check what they were sent to Thailand to do. Observe. Check into allegations of torture. Look at the case. They were never sent to determine guilt or innocence.

BBC - quotes UK govt as saying...

"A diplomatic source said: "There are two areas we are particularly concerned about. One is the verification of the DNA samples of the suspects, making sure there is further independent verification.

"And the second is the investigation into allegations of mistreatment of the suspects.

"What the PM secured was agreement from the Thai PM that we can send some British police investigators to Koh Tao to work with the Royal Thai Police on this.""

They want to check the VERIFICATION of DNA samples of the SUSPECTS.

What have we heard about this?

Edited by wilcopops
  • Like 1

Some are saying that the UK cops need to get involved or that they should've been at the DNA test yesterday and observed and followed the sample etc. This is my two cents.

The bodies were returned to the UK. If DNA was still present in or on the bodies, do you think Scotland Yard will have a copy?

Do you think Scotland Yard have requested DNA samples from the two Burmese suspects?

If you can aswer yes to the above, you have the reasons why they are saying nothing.Yet. They may be waiting to see if their results (if any) match those of the RTP. It may be fan, hit and sh..t if they don't match.

I've always maintained that although the case looks a biy iffy, that I'm not sure that the Burmese guys are innocent. I still think any statements by Scotland Yard will be what may are waiting for. But you'll have to wait...they don't go mouthing off until they're pretty certain.

IIRC, the UKP's brief was to determine the innocence or guilt of the Burmese suspects, and not to investigate as to whom might be guilty. If so, then the taking of Nomsod's DNA would be outside of their brief. That would explain their obvious absence when the DNA samples were being taken.

You may want to check what they were sent to Thailand to do. Observe. Check into allegations of torture. Look at the case. They were never sent to determine guilt or innocence.

BBC - quotes UK govt as saying...

"A diplomatic source said: "There are two areas we are particularly concerned about. One is the verification of the DNA samples of the suspects, making sure there is further independent verification.

"And the second is the investigation into allegations of mistreatment of the suspects.

"What the PM secured was agreement from the Thai PM that we can send some British police investigators to Koh Tao to work with the Royal Thai Police on this.""

They want to check the VERIFICATION of DNA samples of the SUSPECTS.

What have we heard about this?

Please see the actual FCO statement

Here is one of 3

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/foreign_commonwealth_office_answer_our_10_questions_on_the_hannah_witheridge_case_1_3820462

Edited by jdinasia

son of the influential village headman

he looks very influential and he is wearing a nice tie too for the photo......lucky boy , he also can get his milions baths back he gave to the police......or is he going to leave all it there for the orfeans?

what a story...!coffee1.gif

How about assault charges? Can they be cleared just purely by this DNA testing? And people talking about one CCTV showing him. How does that explain? Curious to know. We don't know exactly who are the attackers. Could be anyone, it also could be paid for, an instigated attack. So how can they ever find the mastermind's DNA on the victim? Hmm....

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

How about assault charges? Can they be cleared just purely by this DNA testing? And people talking about one CCTV showing him. How does that explain? Curious to know. We don't know exactly who are the attackers. Could be anyone, it also could be paid for, an instigated attack. So how can they ever find the mastermind's DNA on the victim? Hmm....

Another conspiracy theory?

Occam's razor..

Edited by jdinasia

BTW from KT to BKK takes more than 4 hours. First off you must get to Samui or Chumpon then wait for a plane then get from the airport to the university.

4+ hours? Yeah, if he stops off for a Burger King and is after a new pair for flip flops at the airport.

1 hour flight + 30 mins check in + 30 mins from airport to Uni allows 2 hour grace to get to Samui or Chumpon. Might be tight, but do-able if you've got ways and means to make it happen.

LOL

You have never been to Koh Tao, have you??

It doesn't have an airport.

I will leave it to you to figure out how long it takes to get to an airport.

I have, actually.

Also, re-read my post. I said "allows 2 hour grace to get to Samui or Chumpon".

Luang

You need to both read the defamation laws in Thailand as well as look at what is fact or opinion.

So if you gonna pull sth off with that. Is that gonna be a case of farang vs farang in a Thai court or...

Did you not ignore me?

Is luang a farang? Is Nomsod's father?

Another conspiracy theory?

Occam's razor..

Conspiracy theory?

Which part is your conspiracy theory?