Initial DNA test clears Koh Tao village headman's son of murder

webfact

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this DNA result clear him of murder, it might clear him of any sexual contact with the girl, certainly not clear him of any other involvement. What a useless and stupid headline / statement.

The spoilt little brat probably needs help from daddy to get it up anyway.

Its really such a pity this affair is done with such shady ways from day one-

Few people are interested in this foreseen outcome -

A nation where if your connected to ""high Places"" whispering boo is enough.

This Kid looked eerily similar to the CCTV footage we saw on the night of the crime.

We are told the boys father is connected to a certain person. (high up)

So we initially witnessed NO DNA tests and other bypasses of diligent detective work as far as this suspect is concerned.

Few of us expected a Positive finding today.

Now the Thais will expect us to watch their Kangaroo court with a degree of confidence.

As i said only the Junta fan club will be cheering as this Travesty of justice continues .

What a bone head : this is the police dummy. Everything is basically the same as it was under Pheu-Thai.

You may have missed it, but reform of the police is one of the stated goals of the junta. If Pheu-Thai were still in power, the case would have been closed within a week.

I was under the believe that Proper DNA tests take a fair time to process and should be done in Forensic Laboratory.....all this rushed testing is crap and the pommy cops should insist on a proper forensic test, not just some local thai hospital.....

http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html ..confirms this....thumbsup.gif

This is the 21st Century. In many labs all ower the world, DNA test results are available within a few hours, if using the most advanced methods: http://www.angliadna.co.uk/Express-DNA-Testing

Oh yes ! Thailand has the most advanced technology. I forgot that ! Sorry, I didn't mean to question the Thai superiority....sorry...

Thais cured EBOLA last week.

Thais didn't crash that NASA rocket. They can't spell ROCKET.

Thais can do DNA in less time than any country on the planet.

They have secret brains that we don't know about.

The brains are hidden in the WALLET!!! wink.png

• Like 1

If they think this test and the order by the police chief for people to keep quiet about the case will work they are going to be surprised. The case have lost all its credibility. For this DNA test to have been legitimate it should have been done before the arrests. The question is against which DNA was his DNA tested, the real ones found on the victim or those collected from the Burmese in prison. The police have access to both. If you lose credibility its difficult to regain.

How does this DNA result clear him of murder, it might clear him of any sexual contact with the girl, certainly not clear him of any other involvement. What a useless and stupid headline / statement.

Not totally "surprised" by the statement / headline as it seems DNA was the only evidence that police presented to the prosecutor...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772887-koh-tao-murders-lawyer-expresses-doubts-over-new-dna-test-offer

The UK Governent and that toffee nose UK PM should have insisted their police be free to do their own investigation or the UK would warn the UK people to stay away from Thailand. They should have a right to investigate murders of their own people.

Have the bodies been returned to the UK cannot remember reading if they had.

But that was a good point, the guys DNA did not match what was taken from the young girl, it only shows that he did not rape her.

I do not think these 2 guys will be found innocent, poor buggers.

• Like 1

Nomsod is the man on the CCTV footage, there's little doubt about that and that can be technologically proven. I cannot believe for a moment that the British government haven't got their own DNA samples obtained from the victims upon their return to the UK, The British government should climb down off the fence and make a stance, they should demand independant tests, these are British subjects after all, I for one am not interested in diplomacy, we are not interested in status quo. We are interested in getting to the truth and justice and we should not stop until we reach our goal. Anyone with common sense should agree that it appears almost impossible that these two pathetic burmese shrimps commit this crime, it would of taken the two of them just to restran Hannah.

• Like 2

The evidence is this case is completely contaminated and anything at this point can happen. Where is the DNA from under the fingernails of the murdered, where is the DNA of the blood splaters, where is any real evidence? It looks like that while it took a while to get their plan together they have at least connected one that doesn't (yet) make them look like keystone cops. No way in hell that punk would have given DNA unless it knew it was all fixed. The Island people know who is guilty and has done this before, his dad knows who is guilty and he knows. It isn't the Burmese. You can bet the "collections" on the island are going way up to pay for all of this.

The UK Governent and that toffee nose UK PM should have insisted their police be free to do their own investigation or the UK would warn the UK people to stay away from Thailand. They should have a right to investigate murders of their own people.

Have the bodies been returned to the UK cannot remember reading if they had.

But that was a good point, the guys DNA did not match what was taken from the young girl, it only shows that he did not rape her.

I do not think these 2 guys will be found innocent, poor buggers.

Unless your from the UK, you have not right to call the PM a toffee nosed git, if your are from the the UK then that's ok...thumbsup.gif

and no the UK government cannot insist on anything in a foreign country, they can only do so if requested by the government/police of that country

of course in the days of Empire, if a native had killed a British national, they would have just sent a gunboat up the river and executed all the natives...simple.

• Like 2

This would make a good movie. Especially if there was a surprise witness to refute the evidence in hand. Perhaps proceeds would go to an international fund to assist the families of victims. I would hate to see somebody capitalize on the tragedy, but public awareness should be the goal.

It is rumoured that Segal is negotiating the movie rights. cheesy.gif

Just a few facts, not that we should allow them pesky things to get in the way of a good investigation ...or a regular rant:

" It typically takes about 3-4 working days to complete the [DNA] testing. In cases where ... an abnormal/difficult sample is used, testing may require more time. " http://www.geneticprofiles.com/main_files/faq.htm

"If the DNA does not match the suspect, it means that the suspect did not leave the biological material that was found at the crime scene. In either case, DNA is only part of the evidence. A lack of DNA match does not necessarily mean that the suspect is innocent, and a DNA match alone does not prove that the suspect committed the crime." http://www.denverda.org/DNA_Documents/DNA%20&%20Crime%20Victims%20-%20For%20V.pdf.

"The DNA test result will normally be available 4 working days from the time that the DNA samples are received....

"Why do you run every DNA test twice?

"We take pride in the quality and integrity of our DNA testing and have a quality assurance programme in place to make sure that all our results are accurate. This quality assurance programme runs all DNA samples twice and double-checks the results to provide absolute confidence that the DNA test results you receive are correct." http://www.ibdna.com/regions/UK/EN/?page=faq

"How long does DNA testing take? Paternity testing reports are typically provided 2 to 3 business days following receipt of the samples. Rush testing in one to three days is available at additional cost." http://www.dnapeoplediagnostics.com/faq.htm

Edited by metisdead
Oversize font reset to normal.

On the thai tv news just now they announced results showed the DNA does NOT match and the father has hired a lawyer to go after those websites that allowed postings that tarnished his family name for lawsuits.

Er he can go after anyone he wants outside of Thailand, facts is in court of law in the west this type of lawsuit will not fly anyway, besides just because the DNA came back as a no match, does mean he didn't kill the two...so daddy dearist should tread very carefully trying to sue people.

• Like 1

Its really such a pity this affair is done with such shady ways from day one-

Few people are interested in this foreseen outcome -

A nation where if your connected to ""high Places"" whispering boo is enough.

This Kid looked eerily similar to the CCTV footage we saw on the night of the crime.

We are told the boys father is connected to a certain person. (high up)

So we initially witnessed NO DNA tests and other bypasses of diligent detective work as far as this suspect is concerned.

Few of us expected a Positive finding today.

Now the Thais will expect us to watch their Kangaroo court with a degree of confidence.

As i said only the Junta fan club will be cheering as this Travesty of justice continues .

Was the male in the original CCTV footage published ever identified by the police or just conveniently forgotten?

Just a few facts, not that we should allow them pesky things to get in the way of a good investigation ...or a regular rant:

" It typically takes about 3-4 working days to complete the [DNA] testing. In cases where ... an abnormal/difficult sample is used, testing may require more time. " http://www.geneticprofiles.com/main_files/faq.htm

"If the DNA does not match the suspect, it means that the suspect did not leave the biological material that was found at the crime scene. In either case, DNA is only part of the evidence. A lack of DNA match does not necessarily mean that the suspect is innocent, and a DNA match alone does not prove that the suspect committed the crime." http://www.denverda.org/DNA_Documents/DNA%20&%20Crime%20Victims%20-%20For%20V.pdf.

"The DNA test result will normally be available 4 working days from the time that the DNA samples are received....

"Why do you run every DNA test twice?

"We take pride in the quality and integrity of our DNA testing and have a quality assurance programme in place to make sure that all our results are accurate. This quality assurance programme runs all DNA samples twice and double-checks the results to provide absolute confidence that the DNA test results you receive are correct." http://www.ibdna.com/regions/UK/EN/?page=faq

"How long does DNA testing take? Paternity testing reports are typically provided 2 to 3 business days following receipt of the samples. Rush testing in one to three days is available at additional cost." http://www.dnapeoplediagnostics.com/faq.htm

as interesting as this is, do you want to adjust for fonts a bit...like the above

I hope the real twist in this travesty will arrive when the British forensics ask for his sample and at the same time the Thai police have no idea that Heathers body produced another sample back in the UK after repatriation. This is the only thing that can prove this case now. If our far more advanced forensic experts have somehow managed to get a DNA sample of her murderers the hit-the-fan.gif

This would be a great development -

I hope the Thais haven't scrubbed the victim (female) completely clean of evidence and some micro level evidence was there- and taken.

Its very likely the Brits would have ordered a very top level forensic examination once she made UK soil.

It would really (As the Equalizer said) If the Thais Co-operate and pass on a sample , or they have one already and its a match - that would be SH*T hitting the fan-

I was coming on to post similar. The only way I'd now believe ANYTHING the Thai authorities claim on this case is if it were independently verified. It wouldn't have to be by the British authorities either, U.S., French, German or a multitude of others would satisfy me. Having witnessed this charade which the Thais claim as an investigation, the North Koreans or ISIS would probably be more convincing.

Except they wouldn't bother as their priorities are not tourism.

SCAM! Impossible to get DNA testing done so quickly. The DNA testing was reported in the Nation today I believe. DNA testing without any baclog etc, just the actual testing takes 54 hours and 15 minutes on average. Read this; http://www.patc.com/weeklyarticles/dna-timeline.shtml A forensic analyst takes us step by step through the processes and tells us exactly how long each step takes. If this doesn't convince any doubters then I guess nothing will. Private companies with offer express DNA testing within 72 hours.....

If what you say is true Alwyn, I would hope the UK news agencies interview a leading DNA expert to verify this and also if true to rubbish the results produced by the Thai Police.

• Like 1

It isn't surprising that a Police Hospital shows the results are not a match. I'm not expecting anything different from the other three. I do remember that at the beginning of this investigation, it was reported that Thailand DNA technology could only determine the race of a person, which was why they were wanting to send it to Singapore.

We visited a few hostels in Malaysia last month and the word among backpackers is: stay away from Koh Tao. This attitude won't change for a long time to come.

• Like 1

the real problem will be with the initial DNA samples....how were they taken ?, were they taken by a real doctor that knows about DNA collection ? were they tempered with ? all the other DNA samples can be taken over and over again.....

In 'the other paper' they write the DNA sample was compared with '...DNA from the scene of the crime...', when not 'lost in translation', then NOT during the post mortem by some licensed pathologist... If so, indeed, who collected the samples, how were they collected, under which circumstances, on the murder scene, on Tao...

• Like 1