Initial DNA test clears Koh Tao village headman's son of murder

webfact

I think it is time that any residents on Koh Tao to tell anything they know about that night - i know they wont tell the RTP due to mistrust but surely an appeal could be put out with an free english number to phone ( surely the parents / lawyers could do this)

I cannot understand why there is no conclusive evidence showing nomsod on the island( photos , witnesses seeing him in bar etc)

I am hoping that all British witnesses have told the police in england

I cannot understand why there is no conclusive evidence showing nomsod on the island( photos , witnesses seeing him in bar etc)

Have you considered the possibility that such evidence doesn't exists because he wasn't on the island at that moment?

No, there are a lot of cctvs that have not become 'available' for public consumption!

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does this DNA result clear him of murder, it might clear him of any sexual contact with the girl, certainly not clear him of any other involvement. What a useless and stupid headline / statement.

Not totally "surprised" by the statement / headline as it seems DNA was the only evidence that police presented to the prosecutor...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772887-koh-tao-murders-lawyer-expresses-doubts-over-new-dna-test-offer

Huh???

Huh ???? try reading the OP before trolling.

I think it is time that any residents on Koh Tao to tell anything they know about that night - i know they wont tell the RTP due to mistrust but surely an appeal could be put out with an free english number to phone ( surely the parents / lawyers could do this)

Have you considered the possibility that such evidence doesn't exists because he wasn't on the island at that moment?

No, there are a lot of cctvs that have not become 'available' for public consumption!

Yes plenty of cctv's already placed in all the right places, strangely enough it was reported they were not working that night, oh and guess who they all belong to??

• Like 1

I was under the believe that Proper DNA tests take a fair time to process and should be done in Forensic Laboratory.....all this rushed testing is crap and the pommy cops should insist on a proper forensic test, not just some local thai hospital.....

http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html ..confirms this....thumbsup.gif

This is the 21st Century. In many labs all ower the world, DNA test results are available within a few hours, if using the most advanced methods: http://www.angliadna.co.uk/Express-DNA-Testing

And you think Thailand has the latest and best equipment?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This Kid looked eerily similar to the CCTV footage we saw on the night of the crime.

We are told the boys father is connected to a certain person. (high up)

Comments removed as the thread is following the same inane path as so many others - shame

Edited by Caspersfriend

You are the one repeatedly posting it, what is the source? Let me guess. Csila?

wrong, as usual

Source please.

you want a source to show that I didnt get my info from csila? you need help

now you are simply trolling. What is the source for your claims that those people did not know where he was for a week?

Hint: you won't be able to supply a source.

How does this DNA result clear him of murder, it might clear him of any sexual contact with the girl, certainly not clear him of any other involvement. What a useless and stupid headline / statement.

Not totally "surprised" by the statement / headline as it seems DNA was the only evidence that police presented to the prosecutor...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/772887-koh-tao-murders-lawyer-expresses-doubts-over-new-dna-test-offer

Huh???

Perhaps you missed the fact that the prosecution files are not subject to discovery.

I was under the believe that Proper DNA tests take a fair time to process and should be done in Forensic Laboratory.....all this rushed testing is crap and the pommy cops should insist on a proper forensic test, not just some local thai hospital.....

http://intrensic.blogspot.com/2009/06/why-does-dna-testing-take-so-long.html ..confirms this....thumbsup.gif

Well, I'm not so sure. Eliminating queuing time, because I assume this sample was at the front of any queue, it seems from your like that 24 hours is just about doable.

I don't for one minute think that this was a sophisticated test, or that it was necessarily carried out with the right sample from the victims body, but the time frame doesn't automatically make it wrong.

I can't see that the case has moved any further forward other than the pro bib guys will say " I told you so". But the crux of the matter is the sample taken from the victims body and I'm not sure anyone has an unadulterated sample of that.

It looks bleak for the Burmese, rightfully so if they did it, shamefully so if they didn't.

• Like 1

This would make a good movie. Especially if there was a surprise witness to refute the evidence in hand. Perhaps proceeds would go to an international fund to assist the families of victims. I would hate to see somebody capitalize on the tragedy, but public awareness should be the goal.

Great idea! Directed by Lars Von Trier.

Perhaps you missed the fact that the prosecution files are not subject to discovery.

Well at least it was hard to understand who your "Huh?" was directed to.

I guess to the report at the link I posted...

Anyway, in my opinion (and it's strictly my opinion, I want this to be clear) you give too many things for granted.

E.g.: prosecution files are not subject to discovery.

This is Thailand, and with the right hooks that could not be true. Just sayin'... I guess that if you lived here for a while you should be aware of that already.

Must be worth contacting ''The Guinness Book of records'' so as to confirm the result as the fastest ever conclusive D.N.A. test ever completed but possibly creative in its result(s)

Yes and surprise, surprise the BIB "doctors" managed to have the results a full 24 hours before their colleagues at the three other hospitals!!

The police are so used to get away with anything in this country, that they consider everyone else stupid.

But the buck stops here!!wink.png

After some research on the web: The fastest time for an accurate DNA-Analysis takes 72 hours! 3 days! Does anybody else know? Until now I always see 72 h.

I am curious what our resident expert RTP apologists, JohnJohn & jdinasia have to say about that, as it does seem Thailand has set a world record to locally turn around an accurate analysis in such a quick period of time and it just happens to be the BiB hospital which on would assume would not be the best equipped anyway

so come on Johnjohn and jd give us some words of wisdom on this question ?

it seems to me, if I have the timings right, they have turned this DNA test around in 19 odd hours..so someone must have been work OT and night shift

Edited by Soutpeel

This is the 21st Century. In many labs all ower the world, DNA test results are available within a few hours, if using the most advanced methods: http://www.angliadna.co.uk/Express-DNA-Testing

And you think Thailand has the latest and best equipment?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Does anyone know why Thailand is not certified by any international standards organizations to conduct DNA testing.

Caution, rhetorical question above.

• Like 1

or he didn't ejaculate. or wore a condom.

now you are simply trolling. What is the source for your claims that those people did not know where he was for a week?

Hint: you won't be able to supply a source.

lets just make a note that you dont dispute that the guy went into hiding and try to move on

Edited by slygeeza

I ran out of likes for the day. Just wanted to drop a line of appreciation to anyone opposing the "official" story. I love you guys!

We all know that especially in Thailand anything has a price. Thus the outcome of this DNA test almost two months after the murder does not come as a surprise to anyone I guess.

Edited by catweazle
  • Like 2

the real problem will be with the initial DNA samples....how were they taken ?, were they taken by a real doctor that knows about DNA collection ? were they tempered with ? all the other DNA samples can be taken over and over again.....

In 'the other paper' they write the DNA sample was compared with '...DNA from the scene of the crime...', when not 'lost in translation', then NOT during the post mortem by some licensed pathologist... If so, indeed, who collected the samples, how were they collected, under which circumstances, on the murder scene, on Tao...

If the DNA was compared against samples of sand taken from the beach at KT it would at least have a verifiable chain of custody. The Thai police are not able to explain the procedures to conduct DNA analysis, let alone take a sample and complete the comparison. How can they not see how bad they are making Thailand look to rest of the world. It is nothing short of a very dark comedy. Mix of Fargo meets Boardwalk Empire and Training Day.

I just can't understand why Thailand cannot attract any high quality tourists.

Absence of evidence it's not evidence, specially alleged absence of evidence.

• Like 2

After some research on the web: The fastest time for an accurate DNA-Analysis takes 72 hours! 3 days! Does anybody else know? Until now I always see 72 h.

I am curious what our resident expert RTP apologists, JohnJohn & jdinasia have to say about that, as it does seem Thailand has set a world record to locally turn around an accurate analysis in such a quick period of time and it just happens to be the BiB hospital which on would assume would not be the best equipped anyway

so come on Johnjohn and jd give us some words of wisdom on this question ?

it seems to me, if I have the timings right, they have turned this DNA test around in 19 odd hours..so someone must have been work OT and night shift

I'm not claiming to know what happened. In fact, my suspicions run the other direction from the official reports.

But keep in mind if the blood type was wrong, the DNA results could have definitively ruled someone out in minutes, perhaps hours.

It isn't surprising that a Police Hospital shows the results are not a match. I'm not expecting anything different from the other three. I do remember that at the beginning of this investigation, it was reported that Thailand DNA technology could only determine the race of a person, which was why they were wanting to send it to Singapore.

We visited a few hostels in Malaysia last month and the word among backpackers is: stay away from Koh Tao. This attitude won't change for a long time to come.

No, it's not surprising, it could be the Police lab had to come up with negative results BEFORE the three other labs, to guide them in the right direction, and not get the foolish idea to draw different conclusion, at least this is the idea it will inspire to most people, I guess... As I wrote 'elsewhere', why not have the results in sealed envelopes, to open all simultaneously in front of the press? I don't say there is foul play, but it could have been done in a way nobody could come up with the idea there is, about this single little bit in an abysmally wrong investigation, I mean.

Four hospitals to test the results won't prove conclusive. Need at least 5, so that a majority can be achieved. With 4 hospitals, a 2 match / 2 not match will leave the investigation in tatters. It would look like something was amiss... Same principal that was applied to the current suspects, but they get only 3 tries and so far it is a 1 to 1 tie.

In all seriousness, the results of the test, as well as the means it is conducted, are meaningless as they are not being introduced as part of the investigation. It is a purely private affair funded by the family of the individual being tested. They can buy whatever results they want.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's toss bag about the DNA....too many opportunities to change/soil/plant or whatever.

The British cops have been very quiet...I wonder what they're up to?

Be patient, they are not here for a holiday. My gut feel tells me that there is much afoot, but being professional they won't give us half stories or false hopes, unlike others throughout this saga.

I don't think we'll have long to wait.

Quite frankly, I don't give a rat's toss bag about the DNA....too many opportunities to change/soil/plant or whatever.

The British cops have been very quiet...I wonder what they're up to?

Be patient, they are not here for a holiday. My gut feel tells me that there is much afoot, but being professional they won't give us half stories or false hopes, unlike others throughout this saga.

I don't think we'll have long to wait.

Sorry, couldn't resist...

0zXLM.jpg

Full disclosure: Kiwi Cops...

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

On the thai tv news just now they announced results showed the DNA does NOT match and the father has hired a lawyer to go after those websites that allowed postings that tarnished his family name for lawsuits.

That's fair enough. I would look at the person that started the rumours. The one that called a press conference asking people to look out for the suspect.

When a head cop calls a National press conference and does 'Thailand's Most Wanted' for the watching world, it's not surprising people latched on to this subject (after the cops posted footage of the running man which they implied was Nomsod).

The dude/dudette from CSI LA's website is going for an interview with Thai PBS. If anyone can put subtitles on a youtube vid, that would be great.

With the Thais love of a 'show' , I fully expect either Nomsod's dad to hand him a letter from his lawyer or the cops to just come in and arrest him. I wonder if this interview is in a secret location? If this CSI LA chap knows what's good for him, that's what he should be doing (just before catching his flight to South America).

Public Enemy once sang ''Fight the Power!''....they've obviously never been to Thailand.

• Like 1

as if we didn't know that would be the result of the DNA test. I wonder how much money changed hands this time around.

IT is without any doubt whatsoever in my mind that this crime would be at the top of the list as far as absolute

disgusting cover ups and blatant corrupt police work Thailand is witnessing every day this sorry saga continues.

How can anyone after reading everything that has been said and done by the RTB have any faith in the thai justice system

after this. Do the police realy think we are so devoid of intelligence to believe all the BS that keeps churning out of

their mouths.