PM urges public to watch out for corruption and to report to government

Lite Beer

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the report in the bkk post - "PM says he can justify his wealth"

It seems the public should be reporting the PM and every single one of his cabinet members. Funny how everyone is a multi millionaire..

I guess you could explain a few having rich families but there seems to be a strange consistency in the enormous wealth of everyone involved in high ranking gov/police positions.

Assistant Police cheif Jakthip Chaijinda - 962 million baht in assets

National police chief Somyot Pumpunmuang - 355 million baht in assets

Gen Prayut 128 million baht in assets (not including a 500 million baht deposit by his generous father last year)

And these are only declared assets. How much is undeclared?

Would be very interesting to see what the majority of ordinary Thais think of these numbers. How much longer can this go on?

Problem is they have been raised to expect it!

maybe one of the reasons there is so much repressed anger here.

Dwnnis you are a fool if you think this.

Why are you here if you have such a holier than you perception?

Let me take a stab in the night- you married a Thai lady? Does she have repressed anger?

According to the report in the bkk post - "PM says he can justify his wealth"

It seems the public should be reporting the PM and every single one of his cabinet members. Funny how everyone is a multi millionaire..

I guess you could explain a few having rich families but there seems to be a strange consistency in the enormous wealth of everyone involved in high ranking gov/police positions.

Assistant Police cheif Jakthip Chaijinda - 962 million baht in assets

National police chief Somyot Pumpunmuang - 355 million baht in assets

Gen Prayut 128 million baht in assets (not including a 500 million baht deposit by his generous father last year)

And these are only declared assets. How much is undeclared?

Would be very interesting to see what the majority of ordinary Thais think of these numbers. How much longer can this go on?

Problem is they have been raised to expect it!

maybe one of the reasons there is so much repressed anger here.

Dwnnis you are a fool if you think this.

Why are you here if you have such a holier than you perception?

Let me take a stab in the night- you married a Thai lady? Does she have repressed anger?

I dont think many people would describe me as a fool sir, nor do I consider myself superior to any other human being.

Culture here teaches unquestionable obedience of the elders, including being unable to ask questions of their teachers.

Debate is all but non existent in schools and universities.

Being prevented from showing anger or disagreement will, naturally, create repression.

I do not have an anger repressed Thai wife, in fact I do not have a Thai wife.

Wrong on all counts.

• Like 1

I have been married for 8 years, and I can certainly confirm repressed anger laugh.png

Saying that, there is a very big difference in my wife's demeanor today - living and traveling to different countries with me has changed her outlook completely. She is now (almost) more condemning of the disgusting greed and corruption of the establishment than I...

Most (poor) Thais live in a bubble (not being derogatory); being denied the ability to read or communicate in a foreign language is a very effective way of maintaining an oppressed populace...

wai.gif

Edited by ParadiseLost
  • Like 1

I have been married for 8 years, and I can certainly confirm repressed anger laugh.png

Saying that, there is a very big difference in my wife's demeanor today - living and traveling to different countries with me has changed her outlook completely. She is now (almost) more condemning of the disgusting greed and corruption of the establishment than I...

Most (poor) Thais live in a bubble (not being derogatory); being denied the ability to read or communicate in a foreign language is a very effective way of maintaining an oppressed populace...

wai.gif

Totally agree with you, My wife has the same attitude to corruption, 7 or 8 years ago she would just not have an opinion , Now she will speak out and voice her opinions. but that also is Thai culture where a female is quiet and subservient to the male

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...