Master breaker trips immediately on reset

4evermaat

Power went out this morning. I went to reset the master curcuit breaker and it will immediately cut off itself again. I tried several times; even holding it wont work as internally the breaker still trips. I can say that when i do reset the master breaker, the power comes back for that second before cutting off. I tried disconnecting all of the electrical devices and then resetting; no luck.

Neighbors and the school have power, only my unit has the problem.

I looked at the power meter and it is not spinning; the neighbors are spinning. I took a photo of the meter and will keep an eye on it.

I'm guessing my power line is shorted? Could use some ideas here before my phone dies. Thanks.

Edit. Did a breaker reset once more about 1.5 hours later and now magically i have power again. Hmmm. I'm still interested in knowing what the problem could be.

If the master breaker won't turn on, the first step is to turn off all of the other breakers... then turn on the master, and work through to smaller breakers one by one until you find the one causing the issue.

• Like 1

Is it a normal breaker (what amperage) or and RCD with test button? Most likely trip reason is excessive current draw if just a normal breaker so has anything (air conditioner) or other item been turned off since the problems? Your meter will not turn with no power usage.